MBB vs Memphis we lose 95-89

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
NJwave
Regent's Circle

Re: MBB vs Memphis we lose 95-89

Unread post by NJwave »

A friend's wife once told him she was mad because they weren't watching enough football.

I proposed to her.

I've tried the I have no other vices approach to no avail. Last time she said that unlike a Tulane game, at least the brothel would provide a Happy Ending.
GretnaGrn
Regent's Circle

Unread post by GretnaGrn »

tulaneoutlaw wrote:
TUPF wrote:
tulaneoutlaw wrote:Marrying a Tulane fan may require mockery on a regular basis. I can't count the number of times she has said some version of "Does any of this even matter?"

And we've not been married two years yet :lol:
Next time this comes up with your wife of under two years, share this.

I don’t drink to excess (unless Tulane is getting beaten particularly badly) and if I do, it’s at home. I don’t have expensive vices like a lot of spouses do: I don’t gamble, don’t spend all my time working on cars, don’t buy multiple-thousand dollar bicycles, don’t try to pose as a biker dude with a $20k Harley, don’t spend all my time in fantasy leagues. I am a good spouse. I raise the toilet seat and do all the honey-do lists without fail. So give me this one thing. I am a Tulane fan, God help me. Yes, they lose a lot, but when they win...oh my! No matter the agony, there is sometimes ecstasy. And in the final analysis, it’s all harmless. Would you rather your husband REALLY get into trouble?

This made me smile. And it might actually work. Thanks TUPF. :mrgreen:
TUPF is right. I also point out the cost and time commitment of the golfing and boat addictions her friends' husbands have....
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by ml wave »

NJwave wrote:A friend's wife once told him she was mad because they weren't watching enough football.

I proposed to her.

I've tried the I have no other vices approach to no avail. Last time she said that unlike a Tulane game, at least the brothel would provide a Happy Ending.
Lol
DrHullabaloo
Navigator Level

Unread post by DrHullabaloo »

tulaneoutlaw wrote:Marrying a Tulane fan may require mockery on a regular basis. I can't count the number of times she has said some version of "Does any of this even matter?"

And we've not been married two years yet :lol:
What, no. Please send your misguided wife to a gab session with Greenie Gals.

I was lucky that Coach Hullabaloo moved down to New Orleans the 1998 season, and then randomly got paired up with work colleagues at his job that were local yats who were also Greenwave fans.

And then the Katrina season wound up being the way that we were able to keep in touch friends. We made a point of driving back to New Orleans via Shreveport for the MSU game. We were so grateful to see long lost people there and for our faux "homecoming" game at Tiger Stadium that year. We wound up getting stuck like white on rice onto athletics since we had only been "casual" fans before then.

Truly truly grateful for all the friendships and connections we've made through following the Wave. So, in short: Yes, it matters.
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Unread post by Baywave1 »

Guerry Smith is amping up his MBB reporting on his pay RIVALS site and he has a great interview with MD that includes meaningful review of Memphis game and some roster news. He addresses directly much of the conversation pieces above (except the romantic asides! :-) )

Some of this I'm sure will eventually filter into his Advocate pieces but perhaps not all.

If you don't subscribe to his site, you should.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Unread post by PeteRasche »

Baywave1 wrote:Guerry Smith is amping up his MBB reporting on his pay RIVALS site and he has a great interview with MD that includes meaningful review of Memphis game and some roster news. He addresses directly much of the conversation pieces above (except the romantic asides! :-) )

Some of this I'm sure will eventually filter into his Advocate pieces but perhaps not all.

The whole "wife begrudging my time on this forum" thing (above) kinda puts the idea of paying for another site in the "yeah... That's not gonna happen" realm... :mrgreen:
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Unread post by GreenieBacker »

same thing here Pete :lol:
A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.
NJwave
Regent's Circle

Unread post by NJwave »

PeteRasche wrote:
Baywave1 wrote:Guerry Smith is amping up his MBB reporting on his pay RIVALS site and he has a great interview with MD that includes meaningful review of Memphis game and some roster news. He addresses directly much of the conversation pieces above (except the romantic asides! :-) )

The whole "wife begrudging my time on this forum" thing (above) kinda puts the idea of paying for another site in the "yeah... That's not gonna happen" realm... :mrgreen:
I would apologize for starting this whole thing, but complaining here is much cheaper than therapy.

Back to basketball, tomorrow is a huge game.
MNAlum
Coach Level

Unread post by MNAlum »

PeteRasche wrote:

For future reference, you need add "yet" to "That's not gonna happen" because first comes the empty nester thing, which I am in the midst of, and then the retirement thing, a la TUPF. Funny how Tulane sports fanaticism is more tolerated in these future stages (at least in my case). Roll Wave!!!
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by ml wave »

PeteRasche wrote:

[Shows Herculean self-restraint...]