Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:57 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:19 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 7:50 am
Posts: 7165
Location: new orleans, la
That’s a lot of points to score in one game, so we are talking about Tulane career.

From Tulane;
Kolby Morgan is just 14 points away from 2,000 in her career. The Green Wave senior will become just the third player in team history to record 2,000 points.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:35 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:52 am
Posts: 19323
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Congrats to Kolby.

(I'm going waaaaay out on a limb and guessing she gets it Saturday :wink: )


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:43 am 
Offline
President's Circle

Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:18 pm
Posts: 3913
Just curious where her and her brother stand in the list of all time scoring for siblings that played at the same school.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:10 am 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:52 am
Posts: 19323
Location: Cincinnati, OH
NJwave wrote:
Just curious where her and her brother stand in the list of all time scoring for siblings that played at the same school.

Now there's a research project!
(one I don't have even remotely enough time for, so good luck)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:02 am 
Offline
President's Circle

Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:18 pm
Posts: 3913
PeteRasche wrote:
NJwave wrote:
Just curious where her and her brother stand in the list of all time scoring for siblings that played at the same school.

Now there's a research project!
(one I don't have even remotely enough time for, so good luck)


I am curious, but a quick google search gave me nothing. They have to be up there.

There has got to be an intern in the athletic department with time.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:14 am 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:52 am
Posts: 19323
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Obvious number one, Reggie and Cheryl Miller?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:31 am 
Offline
President's Circle

Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:18 pm
Posts: 3913
PeteRasche wrote:
Obvious number one, Reggie and Cheryl Miller?


Was my first thought as well but one went to USC and the other UCLA. Top scoring siblings regardless of school has to be them.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:35 am 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:52 am
Posts: 19323
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Ah, I forgot you said "same school". :oops:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:44 am 
Online
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:54 pm
Posts: 6006
Location: Dripping Springs
Weren't there a couple of Gaudet's that played basketball for Tulane?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:46 am 
Offline
President's Circle

Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:18 pm
Posts: 3913
PeteRasche wrote:
Ah, I forgot you said "same school". :oops:


Was trying to move the Morgan’s up in the pecking order. :mrgreen:

Here is a few:

O’Bannon brothers at UCLA
Person brothers at Auburn
Bird brothers at Indiana State (Eddie played there 10 years later).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:10 am 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:20 pm
Posts: 20188
Location: North Kenner
NJwave wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:
Ah, I forgot you said "same school". :oops:


Was trying to move the Morgan’s up in the pecking order. :mrgreen:

Here is a few:

O’Bannon brothers at UCLA
Person brothers at Auburn
Bird brothers at Indiana State (Eddie played there 10 years later).
For comparison purposes we should start with brother/sister. The hardest part will be figuring out how many brother/sister duos played at the same school. Then, if we want to expand to just siblings of any type, we’d need to compile that list.

Had Malik played his whole career here their numbers would be even higher.

_________________
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:38 am 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:52 am
Posts: 19323
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Still not what you asked but curiosity got the best of me about Reggie and Cheryl... He scored over 2000 points at UCLA and she over 3000 :shock: at USC. And I believe he only had the three point line for a year or two of his career, and she had it for none of hers. Wow.

I can't imagine there is another sibling duo who scored that many in college at any level.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:58 am 
Offline
Breaker Level

Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:22 pm
Posts: 268
sr wrote:
Weren't there a couple of Gaudet's that played basketball for Tulane?


I think you're thinking of Pierre GAUDIN.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:07 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:52 am
Posts: 19323
Location: Cincinnati, OH
wavedom wrote:
sr wrote:
Weren't there a couple of Gaudet's that played basketball for Tulane?


I think you're thinking of Pierre GAUDIN.

The top women's scorer in Tulane history before being passed by Carmen Jones and several others in the past 20 years was Stacy Gaudet. SR is likely thinking she had siblings. Did she?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:09 pm 
Offline
Breaker Level

Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:22 pm
Posts: 268
PeteRasche wrote:
wavedom wrote:
sr wrote:
Weren't there a couple of Gaudet's that played basketball for Tulane?


I think you're thinking of Pierre GAUDIN.

The top women's scorer in Tulane history before being passed by Carmen Jones and several others in the past 20 years was Stacy Gaudet. SR is likely thinking she had siblings. Did she?



I'm saying I think he was thinking Stacey's brother played there and he was thinking of Pierre.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:18 pm 
Online
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:54 pm
Posts: 6006
Location: Dripping Springs
Yes, I was thinking of Stacey Gaudet and Pierre and not remembering his last name was Gaudin. Close but no cigar.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:14 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 7:50 am
Posts: 7165
Location: new orleans, la
Kolby’s 3 point shot, put her at 2,000 points;

https://mobile.twitter.com/ScroogeDaddy/status/952293710838091776/photo/1


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], MattK, pearlriverwave, sr and 14 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group