Tulane hosts UConn

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Tulane hosts UConn

Post by PeteRasche »

Wave a 2.5-point favorite. If someone had asked you three years ago whether you thought Tulane could be a favorite over UConn in three years (given where they'd been and where we'd been), would you have ever even considered it possible?

Obviously it took a big drop off by them along with our rise, but still...

I know better than to open the can of calling this a "must win", but this is a big one. Not just for the name cache and likely decent attendance it will be played in front of, but for our own confidence.
sr
Regent's Circle

Re: Tulane hosts UConn

Post by sr »

PeteRasche wrote:Wave a 2.5-point favorite. If someone had asked you three years ago whether you thought Tulane could be a favorite over UConn in three years (given where they'd been and where we'd been), would you have ever even considered it possible?

I know better than to open the can of calling this a "must win", but this is a big one. Not just for the name cache and likely decent attendance it will be played in front of, but for our own confidence.
Let's see how they start tomorrow. Huge indicator of late. A little aggression early will go a long way.
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

It is a big game and we must come out early and be aggressive. Play with a sense of urgency.
wavedom
Regent's Circle

Post by wavedom »

It's a must win if we are going to make something of this season. Can't be afraid of it. We should embrace it.
We deserve so much better
doncecco
President's Circle

Post by doncecco »

PeteRasche wrote:Wave a 2.5-point favorite. If someone had asked you three years ago whether you thought Tulane could be a favorite over UConn in three years (given where they'd been and where we'd been), would you have ever even considered it possible?

Yeah, but would we be a 2.5 pt favorite against the UConn women? :roll:

By the way, don't know if it is common or not, but Geno has a all men's practice squad - one of the members is an intern at my plant. I asked him how do they fare against them and he admitted "usually, not too well."
Bring home da Wave!
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

doncecco wrote:

Yeah, but would we be a 2.5 pt favorite against the UConn women? :roll:

By the way, don't know if it is common or not, but Geno has a all men's practice squad - one of the members is an intern at my plant. I asked him how do they fare against them and he admitted "usually, not too well."
Then he must not be gpod at hoops. A mildly competent boys HS varsity team should blow UCONN ladies outof the gym
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
NJwave
Regent's Circle

Post by NJwave »

Pretty bad performance all around. Got killed on pick and roll as our guards couldn’t get over the top and our big men are really slow. We need a big time rebounder desperately. There was not enough movement on offense and we still have no clue how to play against a zone and we don’t seem to know how to manage the clock down the stretch.
Poseidon
Regent's Circle

Post by Poseidon »

57 points says it all.
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM
Honorable mention - Navy
Shu40
Breaker Level

Post by Shu40 »

" A mildly competent boys HS varsity team should blow UCONN ladies outof the gym"

Not to split hairs...but no way...
visualmagic
President's Circle

Post by visualmagic »

Shu40 wrote:" A mildly competent boys HS varsity team should blow UCONN ladies outof the gym"

It’s true
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

Shu40 wrote:" A mildly competent boys HS varsity team should blow UCONN ladies outof the gym"

UConn has a 6'6 center on their roster and star Samuelson is a 6'3 G/F, and everybody else is 6'2 or less. Most high school boys teams have guards in the 6'2-6'3 range and forwards between 6'5 and 6'8, and a center 6'7 or taller. UConn would be trying to cover guards with their slower inside players (if not the guards would post up UConn guards all day), and the boys could almost certainly throw out at least two kids taller than UConn's tallest and probably dominate inside.

Obviously this is all subject to where in the country you are from (there are probably leagues in small towns or rural areas where the center is 6'2 and the guards 5'6), but I think it would hold true in most mid- to large-sized American cities.
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

So I'm guessing you've either never watched HS basketball or women's college. Tell me why I'm wrong. (This will be good).
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count