Green Wave Club Survey

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
JtS
Regent's Circle

Green Wave Club Survey

Post by JtS »

The Athletic Department wants your feedback. Now is your chance to be heard...good or bad.

It's 1000% more effective than an Internet post.
:green wink:

The survey link is -
Green Wave Club Survey

If you did not receive the survey email - greenwaveclub@tulane.edu

ROLL WAVE!

waverider
Cornerstone

Re: Green Wave Club Survey

Post by waverider »

Did mine about a week or so ago.

Spoiler alert, it’s all about your giving to Tulane mostly comes across (to me) as a way to see what more they can get from you. First set of questions asks how do you support Tulane (giving level, etc) and the second asks what ways would you like to support Tulane athletics.

There is a comments section relating to the GWC.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
DrHullabaloo
Navigator Level

Post by DrHullabaloo »

waverider wrote:Did mine about a week or so ago.

Spoiler alert, it’s all about your giving to Tulane mostly comes across (to me) as a way to see what more they can get from you. First set of questions asks how do you support Tulane (giving level, etc) and the second asks what ways would you like to support Tulane athletics.

Maybe, but if they are going to solicit my input I am going to give it to them.

Lots of events that Greenwave Club COULD be doing to engage fans at every level that they are overlooking or haven't thought about.

Also a good time to mention if you want to bring back the game trips that the old Greenwave Club used to help facilitate.

Even if an exercise in futility, they are taking the time to ask opinions and you get a free lapel pin. Win - win.

Also, they need to bring back some form of the Ultimate Fan package where you got several season tickets for one price.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

I did it for the free angry wave car magnet.
PCWave
Crest Level

Post by PCWave »

Me too Pete. I wonder how tacky the magnet will be?
Harahan Wave
wavedom
Regent's Circle

Post by wavedom »

Not tacky at all.
We deserve so much better
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

wavedom wrote:Not tacky at all.
Not if it's magnetic. :lol:
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

PCWave wrote:Me too Pete. I wonder how tacky the magnet will be?
The lapel pin is retro but the car magnet is very 21st century. Much better than a bumper or window sticker. Looks great on the car.

I have Combover Wave magnets in a drawer somewhere. That says it all.
Johnny4
Navigator Level

Post by Johnny4 »

I have a Tulane Green Wave license plate frame with the combover logo. I look forward to adding a magnet with the angry wave! My only concern would be how easy they are to steal. Then again if some kid steals a magnet I got for free and then becomes a Tulane fan, I won't mind.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

Johnny4 wrote:I have a Tulane Green Wave license plate frame with the combover logo. I look forward to adding a magnet with the angry wave! My only concern would be how easy they are to steal. Then again if some kid steals a magnet I got for free and then becomes a Tulane fan, I won't mind.
Funny you should mention that. Every Tulane license plate frame I've ever seen has a wide bar across the bottom and a skinny bar (with offset bumpouts for the bolts) on top. However, here in Ohio, the license tags are in the lower corners and hence covered by the frame. I've seen other school frames covering the tags so I put on my Tulane frame as well. My wife has similar on her car with a frame from her alma mater.

She was recently pulled over by a cop who gave her a warning that the mostly-covered tags were illegal. She was taking our kids to school and the cop even said, "I'm guessing you come this way every day, so if I see you again I'm going to check and make sure you removed the frame and will ticket you if they aren't uncovered."

That night, after extensive online searching, I gave in and used an online custom frame website and made a Tulane frame with skinny bars on the bottom so the tags are visible. No logos, obviously, just text. Kinda plain and boring but at least it says Tulane.

Then I went down for homecoming and lo and behold they had an angry wave frame in the team shop with a skinny frame on the bottom. Of course I didn't get it since I'd just bought one, but at least I know one exists. So, Johnny, when you want to update that combover, you know where to go.
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

PeteRasche wrote:
Johnny4 wrote:I have a Tulane Green Wave license plate frame with the combover logo. I look forward to adding a magnet with the angry wave! My only concern would be how easy they are to steal. Then again if some kid steals a magnet I got for free and then becomes a Tulane fan, I won't mind.
Funny you should mention that. Every Tulane license plate frame I've ever seen has a wide bar across the bottom and a skinny bar (with offset bumpouts for the bolts) on top. However, here in Ohio, the license tags are in the lower corners and hence covered by the frame. I've seen other school frames covering the tags so I put on my Tulane frame as well. My wife has similar on her car with a frame from her alma mater.

She was recently pulled over by a cop who gave her a warning that the mostly-covered tags were illegal. She was taking our kids to school and the cop even said, "I'm guessing you come this way every day, so if I see you again I'm going to check and make sure you removed the frame and will ticket you if they aren't uncovered."

That night, after extensive online searching, I gave in and used an online custom frame website and made a Tulane frame with skinny bars on the bottom so the tags are visible. No logos, obviously, just text. Kinda plain and boring but at least it says Tulane.

Then I went down for homecoming and lo and behold they had an angry wave frame in the team shop with a skinny frame on the bottom. Of course I didn't get it since I'd just bought one, but at least I know one exists. So, Johnny, when you want to update that combover, you know where to go.
I would have been doing extensive online research into whether mostly covered tags were illegal
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

DrHullabaloo wrote:
waverider wrote:Did mine about a week or so ago.

Maybe, but if they are going to solicit my input I am going to give it to them.

Lots of events that Greenwave Club COULD be doing to engage fans at every level that they are overlooking or haven't thought about.

Also a good time to mention if you want to bring back the game trips that the old Greenwave Club used to help facilitate.

Even if an exercise in futility, they are taking the time to ask opinions and you get a free lapel pin. Win - win.

Also, they need to bring back some form of the Ultimate Fan package where you got several season tickets for one price.
I think it was a great idea. The fans have never really had an easy way to provide feedback like this under prior administrations.

Regarding the Ultimate fan. Back when it was first announced to be going away I talked to a lot of fans that had it before and regularly attended women’s sports that said they weren’t going to buy tickets for those anymore if they have to do it individually. Aside from a couple WBB games I haven’t been to women’s sports enough to know if that statement holds true.
Tulane Greenbackers

gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

Can anyone do this?
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

my old Tulane University license plate frame got me pulled over since it covered the year and month of my tag... Atlanta cop said "while I'm sure your a proud alumnus, you're going to have to uncover those two stickers.. I'm sorry"
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

Johnny Mac wrote:
my old Tulane University license plate frame got me pulled over since it covered the year and month of my tag... Atlanta cop said "while I'm sure your a proud alumnus, you're going to have to uncover those two stickers.. I'm sorry"
Did you see my post about this same thing above?

Hopefully you got a warning like my wife did and not a ticket. Check the team shop...
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

Johnny Mac wrote:
A cop used the word alumnus?
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

windywave wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:
A cop used the word alumnus?
it said it on the license plate
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

Got my magnet today. Really nice, and big too (4x6 or so?) Garrett Broom, he of the "oh, he's not one of us" complaints by some, sent a handwritten thank you note on a really nice angry wave note card. He also emailed me the other day with a personalized note thanking me for my suggestions, asking if he could call me to discuss, and alerting me that one of my former teammates recently moved to my area.

Geez, if only we'd hired a Tulane person, this guy's such an outsider... :roll:
noladave
Regent's Circle

Post by noladave »

Unlike previous years, these guys/gals are trying - really trying. I’m guessing that it’s because Troy is expecting results, or simply creating a metrics environment where each group has to explain their success/failures....

So totally different from previous administrations.

And, if you are at a game, and have a suggestion, talk to them. I haven’t had one person not listen. They might not use the suggestion, but they at least listened...
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

noladave wrote:Unlike previous years, these guys/gals are trying - really trying. I’m guessing that it’s because Troy is expecting results, or simply creating a metrics environment where each group has to explain their success/failures....

So totally different from previous administrations.

And, if you are at a game, and have a suggestion, talk to them. I haven’t had one person not listen. They might not use the suggestion, but they at least listened...
I sensed the same when I spent an hour on a one-on-one tour of the facilities with the head of the Green Wave Club in December. Bright, articulate, driven. He specifically talked about what Troy expects and what is important.

The times they are a-changin’!
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

As I previously wrote about my homecoming visit and getting to talk to a lot of folks in Wilson (long story about why, but I ended up talking to a lot of admin types who normally I wouldn't have met)... the new folks are young, bright, happy to be there, and more than anything, very friendly and happy to speak with you and help you out. Multiple people went out of their way to try to help me with something. Like "bending over backwards" out of their way. And the few folks I spoke with who were holdovers from the previous administration... let's just say "it's like a cloud has lifted" was the general consensus.

I don't care if they're all from Alaska. Good employees are good employees.
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

Congrats Pete and Sprout (and if any others here are on that list) on swag bag winnings. Hope I didn’t spoil the surprise!

This from a Tulane email about the survey. FWIW, of the 5500 that received the survey invite, 432 responded.
We also want to announce the winners of the Tulane Athletics swag bag, which will include t-shirts, a mini-helmet, sunglasses, and more. Congratulations to:

Donald & Tracey Moore – Pass Christian, MS
Shep Perrin – Houston, TX
Pete Rasche – Cincinnati, OH
Perry Roussel – Mandeville, LA
Jeff Taft – Arlington, VA

Thank you again for participating and we hope to see you soon!
Tulane Greenbackers

tulaneoutlaw
Regent's Circle

Post by tulaneoutlaw »

That's not a bad response rate at all.
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

tulaneoutlaw wrote:That's not a bad response rate at all.
I don’t know what their goal was (I’m sure they’d have liked 100%)or what they consider a good response rate but I’d have to think they hoped for more than 8%.
Tulane Greenbackers

tulaneoutlaw
Regent's Circle

Post by tulaneoutlaw »

waverider wrote:
tulaneoutlaw wrote:That's not a bad response rate at all.
I don’t know what their goal was (I’m sure they’d have liked 100%)or what they consider a good response rate but I’d have to think they hoped for more than 8%.
Probably, but 8-12% is pretty normal for surveys like this. I've been part of market research projects where the response rate is less than 1%. It would be great if people were more engage but it's just the way it is.