Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:55 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: Signing day thread
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:39 pm 
Emerald Circle

GreenieBacker wrote:
that's the one sr. He's either 5'-10 or 5'-11" (depending on the site) and under 200 lbs. I would call him an "under the radar" recruit, Rivals only has him at 2 Stars and no P-5 Programs offered, but he put up big numbers and worth keeping an eye on.
Walter Payton’s size. Here’s wishing!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:51 pm 
Emerald Circle

boy you aren't kidding :lol:

we need a speed back to make defenses honor the edges, just thinking of our QB pitching the ball to a guy that can run a 40 in 4.4 makes me smile.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:10 pm 
Emerald Circle

GreenieBacker wrote:
have you looked at that RB we signed from Florida?* A speed guy who put up gaudy numbers but on the small side (if I remember correctly).

*Ygenio Booker

Named the 6th fastest player in the entire 2018 class by 247. 6th fastest signee in the country but not worthy of a better overall ranking because of his height.

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:30 pm 
Coach Level

GreenieBacker wrote:
have you looked at that RB we signed from Florida?* A speed guy who put up gaudy numbers but on the small side (if I remember correctly).

*Ygenio Booker

I know he is very fast, but I thought he was being brought in as an athlete. Nice to know he is a RB with super speed.

He is listed on 247 as an athlete at 5-11, 200lbs. He is from Brooksville, FL and played at Hernando. Does anyone know if the competition in that area is considered good (maybe FW)?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:24 pm 
President's Circle

tjtlja wrote:
GreenieBacker wrote:

*Ygenio Booker

I know he is very fast, but I thought he was being brought in as an athlete. Nice to know he is a RB with super speed.

He is listed on 247 as an athlete at 5-11, 200lbs. He is from Brooksville, FL and played at Hernando. Does anyone know if the competition in that area is considered good (maybe FW)?

It's funny that would be considered small. I was under the impression that 5/11 and 200 was about the ideal size for a RB.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:31 pm 
Emerald Circle

gerryb323 wrote:
tjtlja wrote:
GreenieBacker wrote:

*Ygenio Booker

It's funny that would be considered small. I was under the impression that 5/11 and 200 was about the ideal size for a RB.

Walter Payton. 8)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:35 pm 
President's Circle

gerryb323 wrote:
tjtlja wrote:
GreenieBacker wrote:

*Ygenio Booker

Keep in mind these are NFL playing weights
LeSean McCoy - 5-11, 210
Kareem Hunt - 5-10, 216
Jordan Howard - 6-0, 220
Lamar Miller - 5-10, 225
Alvin Kamara - 5-10, 215
Orleans Darkwa - 5-11, 219
Dontrell Hilliard - 6-0, 205
Terrell Davis - 5-11, 210
Walter Payton - 5-10, 200
Ladanian Tomlinson - 5-10, 215
Curtis Martin - 5-11, 210
Tony Dorsett - 5-11, 190

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:09 pm 
Emerald Circle

I’m saying RB because that’s where I would love to see him. But he played a bunch of different positions in high school, RB, WR, etc. I have no idea what Athelete converts to or if our coaches see him that way.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:25 am 
Emerald Circle

247 can call him an athlete, but our coaches call him a running back. I'd peg Booker's height at no less than 5-9 & his weight at no less than 185. He's not tiny. His "problem" as a prospect is why didn't his coaches give him more touches?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:14 am 
Regent's Circle

Too bad Tulane didn’t sign Scott or we would be having twice the fun guessing who is tallest.... :green wink:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:27 pm 
Coach Level

long green wrote:
247 can call him an athlete, but our coaches call him a running back. I'd peg Booker's height at no less than 5-9 & his weight at no less than 185. He's not tiny. His "problem" as a prospect is why didn't his coaches give him more touches?

Oh, like the Tennessee staff with Kamara?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5