Football schedule out

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
Donny Z
President's Circle

Football schedule out

Post by Donny Z »

Happy Mardi Gras

http://tulanegreenwave.com/news/2018/2/ ... unced.aspx

The Thursday night ESPN game is huge. When was the last time we had a prime time ESPN game?

Homecoming is November 10th vs ecu.
Rotorooter
President's Circle

Re: Football schedule out

Post by Rotorooter »

Donny Z wrote:Happy Mardi Gras

http://tulanegreenwave.com/news/2018/2/ ... unced.aspx

The Thursday night ESPN game is huge. When was the last time we had a prime time ESPN game?

Homecoming is November 10th vs ecu.
That is the best home schedule that I can remember. You've got Wake, Memphis, SMU (revenge game), ECU and Navy. I like it a lot. Get 'em ready, Willie.
Plan your work, work your plan.
tulaneoutlaw
Regent's Circle

Post by tulaneoutlaw »

I'm calling for 8 wins. Get it done guys!
Rotorooter
President's Circle

Post by Rotorooter »

tulaneoutlaw wrote:I'm calling for 8 wins. Get it done guys!
If we can get to 3-1 after the Ohio St. game, we'll have a legit chance to get there. And playing Wake at home for the first game is an advantage for us; their starting QB from the last two seasons is gone, so they will have a new starter. I like our chances in that game with an experienced Banks.
Plan your work, work your plan.
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

Rotorooter wrote:
tulaneoutlaw wrote:I'm calling for 8 wins. Get it done guys!
If we can get to 3-1 after the Ohio St. game, we'll have a legit chance to get there. And playing Wake at home for the first game is an advantage for us; their starting QB from the last two seasons is gone, so they will have a new starter. I like our chances in that game with an experienced Banks.
Come out the first series and blitz the doody out of him
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

Donny Z wrote:The Thursday night ESPN game is huge. When was the last time we had a prime time ESPN game?
Never?

Perhaps speaks to recognition that we're getting better and might be somewhat interesting to outsiders to watch. Of course, it's also likely that late in the season that lots of traditional matchups are occurring and have to be that Saturday...
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

I’ll be there for homecoming.

It’s my 40th reunion. :king:
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Post by OGSB »

First time Tulane will play a home game on the same day as the Bayou Classic.
Victory is never permanent
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

OGSB wrote:First time Tulane will play a home game on the same day as the Bayou Classic.
Well, it's only been a few years we've had another venue in which to play... 8)
PCWave
Crest Level

Post by PCWave »

I am glad to see that we are going head to head with the Bayou Classic. None of the BC fans would be coming to our game anyway.
Harahan Wave
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

PCWave wrote:I am glad to see that we are going head to head with the Bayou Classic. None of the BC fans would be coming to our game anyway.
There are a few of us. BC is a fun event. Agree conflict won't impact attendance much at either event. I'd still be surprised if both games are played at same time.

Obviously TU-LSU was better. Oh well. I'll be at Tulane game.

For Thanksgiving weekend with few students from either school, Navy should at least draw a decent holiday actual crowd with a decent walkup.
Johnny4
Navigator Level

Post by Johnny4 »

I wish the Ohio games were more spread out. No games in the state in 17 years and then 2 in 3 weeks!
AO Sig
Regent's Circle

Post by AO Sig »

I may even look at coming for the homecoming game! Both of the medical organizations have their meetings earlier (thank goodness that my big one , which is in Chicago, is third weekend in October rather than November like it was before, and the other is the first weekend in November in Charleston- always a nice place to go).
What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

AO Sig wrote:I may even look at coming for the homecoming game! Both of the medical organizations have their meetings earlier (thank goodness that my big one , which is in Chicago, is third weekend in October rather than November like it was before, and the other is the first weekend in November in Charleston- always a nice place to go).
Two of my favorite cities
#cousins don't count
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

Johnny4 wrote:I wish the Ohio games were more spread out. No games in the state in 17 years and then 2 in 3 weeks!
Agree, if only for the fact that less folks will make the trip for Cincinnati because they're so close (and if you're gonna travel up here for only one, you're gonna choose to see a historic venue against a national power).
Fan Since '54
Regent's Circle

Post by Fan Since '54 »

I see that you guys are already prognosticating W's and L's. A bit early me thinks. But what I like about the schedule is that we play Navy @ home again this year. I absolutely love the armed forces games @ home. Why you ask? I am totally in awe of the flyovers. True it only takes 8 to 10 seconds at most, but it is just so "American". Well, that is just my "red, white, and blue" patriotism coming out. I DO love my country.

Fan since '54
"...a hellava Hullabaloo"
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

I do too, FS 54. I am invested.

BUT, BEAT NAVY...BEAT ARMY.

Roll Wave Roll!
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

Fan Since '54 wrote:I absolutely love the armed forces games @ home. Why you ask?
I was gonna guess because there's less chance of getting completely jobbed by the refs when games against the academies are not at their place.
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

PeteRasche wrote:
Fan Since '54 wrote:I absolutely love the armed forces games @ home. Why you ask?
I was gonna guess because there's less chance of getting completely jobbed by the refs when games against the academies are not at their place.
:lol: :green wink:

Actually, knowing what I know about being a football ref, the best thing the AAC should insist is that refs be veterans, for the opposite reason you might think. Those of us who have served are LESS apt to be awed by the idea of service academies, not more. We have served with both good and bad academy officers. There’s no mystery. It’s the folks who have never served who seem to think middies and cadets can do no wrong. Veterans know better.
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Post by WaveProf »

The thing I love best about this schedule is one of the things we already knew about this schedule: all four OOC games at the start, before we start conference play
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

TUPF wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:

Actually, knowing what I know about being a football ref, the best thing the AAC should insist is that refs be veterans, for the opposite reason you might think. Those of us who have served are LESS apt to be awed by the idea of service academies, not more. We have served with both good and bad academy officers. There’s no mystery. It’s the folks who have never served who seem to think middies and cadets can do no wrong. Veterans know better.
Enlisted veterans
#cousins don't count
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

windywave wrote:
TUPF wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:

Enlisted veterans
Perfect.
Private Joker
Coach Level

Post by Private Joker »

Great schedule. I like that Navy game last. And I plan to make it to Columbus, Ohio.
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Post by WaveProf »

BTW, single game tickets to Ohio State can cost about as much as season tickets to Tulane.
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

WaveProf wrote:BTW, single game tickets to Ohio State can cost about as much as season tickets to Tulane.
Shenanigans. The stadium seats 3x as many as our stadium. I've scalped tickets for a top five match up for a 100 bucks.
Last edited by windywave on Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#cousins don't count