Melvin Frazier named AAC Most Improved Player

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
waverider
Cornerstone

Melvin Frazier named AAC Most Improved Player

Unread post by waverider »

Two years under Dunleavy have produced two Most Improved Player awards. That should be a selling point to recruits.
Last edited by waverider on Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Re: Melvin Frazier named AAC Most Improved Player

Unread post by PeteRasche »

Congrats to Melvin (assuming it's true... and I'd think it should be). And definitely something the Dunleavy camp should be selling hard to every single recruit.
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Unread post by GreenieBacker »

that's a great award too garner two years in row. A testament to what Dunleavy and Staff can do for you as a player. And if Frazier gets drafted in the first or second round of the NBA draft, that will put an exclamation point on it.
A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.
wavedom
Regent's Circle

Unread post by wavedom »

well deserved. As noted it should help with recruiting.
We deserve so much better
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by ml wave »

Believe I also saw that he was 2nd team all conference? Was hoping he'd make 1st team, but still a tremendous accomplishment especially given our record. Wonder if the conference gives out a defensive player of the year?
wavedom
Regent's Circle

Unread post by wavedom »

ml wave wrote:Believe I also saw that he was 2nd team all conference? Was hoping he'd make 1st team, but still a tremendous accomplishment especially given our record. Wonder if the conference gives out a defensive player of the year?
They do. Gary Clark won it.
We deserve so much better
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by ml wave »

wavedom wrote:
ml wave wrote:Believe I also saw that he was 2nd team all conference? Was hoping he'd make 1st team, but still a tremendous accomplishment especially given our record. Wonder if the conference gives out a defensive player of the year?
They do. Gary Clark won it.
Ugh
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

I know I have green colored glasses but I don't think I would take anybody in the AAC, defensively, over Frazier.
TU77CAL82
Coach Level

Unread post by TU77CAL82 »

. . . and the team won the Academic Excellence Award.
rjc
Breaker Level

Unread post by rjc »

IF a academic excellence award would have been given by the conferences we have been in since 1950 I am sure we would have won it just about every time in football and basketball. As for winning a conference championship in either football or basketball I can only think that in 67 years we won only one in football and maybe one by Perry Clark in basketball. What Tulane has proven without a doubt is that the true student athlete can't win conference championships on the athletic field. The record speaks for itself. rjc
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

well Grumpy, many of us that went to Tulane do care about academic integrity and like to see our players leave here with degree in hand. It's important to us. That said, I think Tulane is trying to find a middle ground that admits student-athletes that can major in fields more in keeping with their life goals.
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Unread post by TUPF »

rjc wrote:IF a academic excellence award would have been given by the conferences we have been in since 1950 I am sure we would have won it just about every time in football and basketball. As for winning a conference championship in either football or basketball I can only think that in 67 years we won only one in football and maybe one by Perry Clark in basketball. What Tulane has proven without a doubt is that the true student athlete can't win conference championships on the athletic field. The record speaks for itself. rjc
As a Tulanian and a Philadelphia Eagles and Philadelphia Phillies fan, there’s always next season. The Philadelphia Phillies have lost more games than any other professional team in the history of American sports. But they won it all again in 2008 and I was at the parade. The Eagles had never won a Super Bowl and last had an NFL championship in the early 1960s. They beat the team few said they could. There’s a reason you know a 67 year Tulane history.
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium