Would you draft Frazier in the first round?

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
MNAlum
Coach Level

Re: Would you draft Frazier in the first round?

Post by MNAlum »

SI's updated post combine mock has Melvin to Hawks at 30!

https://www.si.com/nba/2018/05/21/2018- ... divincenzo

NJwave
Regent's Circle

Post by NJwave »

John Rothstein reporting Ona-Embo returning to Tulane. Strange that he declared in the first place.

visualmagic
President's Circle

Post by visualmagic »

NJwave wrote:John Rothstein reporting Ona-Embo returning to Tulane. Strange that he declared in the first place.
From Marc Spears
Brother of Tulane 6-5 PG Ray Ona Embo, Carl, tells @TheUndefeated that his brother has not decided if is returning to school or going to the NBA & the final decision will be made by the family. The ex-G-Leaguer adds that his brother has a workout scheduled with the Hornets Friday

Baywave1
Regent's Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

FWIW ESPN tonight has Melvin going to 76ers w/26th pick.

TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

Baywave1 wrote:FWIW ESPN tonight has Melvin going to 76ers w/26th pick.
I might have to go to a Sixers game for the first time in decades.
Tulane Class of 1978 | NROTC Tulane - Submariner | From everywhere and nowhere

Baywave1
Regent's Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

I haven't followed Sixers much since Dr. J. If it happens, it seems like it would be a good fit for him. He could enjoy the tabloid coverage of Simmons and Jenner!

In a few weeks after the draft, I fully expect to see comments here that he must be a failure if he doesn't meet his self proclaimed threshold of being a top-twenty draftee and predicting he'll be playing in Japan shortly. (Has Tulane ever had a first round NBA pick? Maybe in the paleo-days of the late forties or early fifties.)

With lots of positive news this week across the athletics front, it's been amazing to see the trolling done anyway by some of our own fans. In the good old days of the internet, you would see folks go to their opponent's web sites to troll but not here. For them there is no Tulane glass that is not emptying so why waste time going to Tiger D. Maybe we need Tony Robbins to come in to teach self-esteem posting? Meanwhile I'm just going to enjoy the good off-season news while waiting for the Wake game.

TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

If he is indeed drafted by the Sixers, and even though most outsiders have a negative impression of the City of Brotherly Love, the recipe for success here is simple. Leave everything on the field/court/basepaths/ice. If Philly fans see you playing till you bleed, you are a god here. Otherwise, start packing those snowballs away in the freezer. 8)

tulaneoutlaw
President's Circle

Post by tulaneoutlaw »

The 76ers would be a great landing spot. They seem to be on the precipice of something big. They have a good young team and are also supposed to be major players in the Lebron sweepstakes this offseason. May it work out that way for Melvin.

TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

tulaneoutlaw wrote:The 76ers would be a great landing spot. They seem to be on the precipice of something big. They have a good young team and are also supposed to be major players in the Lebron sweepstakes this offseason. May it work out that way for Melvin.
I guess football really does lift all boats! 8)

gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

tulaneoutlaw wrote:The 76ers would be a great landing spot. They seem to be on the precipice of something big. They have a good young team and are also supposed to be major players in the Lebron sweepstakes this offseason. May it work out that way for Melvin.
I doubt LeBron ends up there. Too many moving parts. 6ers need shooters to put around Simmons and Embiid. If they think that's Melvin, good for him!
hashtagStopbunting
hashtagStopPUNTING!

tulaneoutlaw
President's Circle

Post by tulaneoutlaw »

gerryb323 wrote:
I doubt LeBron ends up there. Too many moving parts. 6ers need shooters to put around Simmons and Embiid. If they think that's Melvin, good for him!
Not to totally thread jack, but where do you see him ending up? Houston? LA?

GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Post by GreenieBacker »

Per Vegas, they had the 76ers at #1 before the recent scandal, now they have the 76ers tied with the Cav's.

for what that's worth.
A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.

Baywave1
Regent's Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

I hate me against the world but when the me is Lebron I immediately forget what I hate.

Time for irrational homerism. Any chance for the Pels?

ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

GreenieBacker wrote:Per Vegas, they had the 76ers at #1 before the recent scandal, now they have the 76ers tied with the Cav's.

for what that's worth.
If I had to bet, I'd say he stays in Cleveland, but I'd also say the chances of that are less than 50%. He knows that wherever he goes will be a circus so I don't know if the current goings on in Philly (totally insane, btw!) would deter him. Could be a benefit even, if they wind up hiring someone he's tied to (Griffin?). I think both LA teams and Houston are also firmly in play. Maybe Miami, too? He really likes Fizdale, maybe the Knicks?

ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

Baywave1 wrote:I hate me against the world but when the me is Lebron I immediately forget what I hate.

Time for irrational homerism. Any chance for the Pels?
Would be great for him, basketball-wise, and he reportedly loves Cousins. No cap space so would have to give up assets Cleveland would want in a trade...without looking it up, Mirotic, Moore, Ajinca and a 1st round pick probably gets us most of the way there. That said, you'd think he'd want to stay east and not have to battle through both Houston and GS.

GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Post by GreenieBacker »

if the 76ers fire their GM and hire someone he likes, I don't see any reason that would scare Lebron away from them.

as for the Pels, unless things change they'll lose Cousins as soon as he can get out of town and they'll be lucky to keep Anthony Davis. My humble $0.02. Attracting Lebron would be the biggest of pipe dreams.
A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.

long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

Cousins’ value is a bit up in the air after blowing his Achilles. Davis is under contract & the Pels can super max him. The Pelicans are more stable than you think.
The gap between the top of the big leagues and their bottom is now bigger than the gap between their bottom and us - P.R. told me to do this

gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

long green wrote:Cousins’ value is a bit up in the air after blowing his Achilles. Davis is under contract & the Pels can super max him. The Pelicans are more stable than you think.
They're stable but they have no cap space for LeBron. I thought ajinca was dumped in one of the other trades (Mirotic?). The salaries would be hard to work. I think if he leaves Cleveland, Houston and one of the LA teams make the most sense. I don't know if being in the East (and not having to play the West as much) will be enough of a draw, but he can take more nights off (not literally, but rest woke playing anyway) in the East.
hashtagStopbunting
hashtagStopPUNTING!

visualmagic
President's Circle

Post by visualmagic »

GreenieBacker wrote:if the 76ers fire their GM and hire someone he likes, I don't see any reason that would scare Lebron away from them.

as for the Pels, unless things change they'll lose Cousins as soon as he can get out of town and they'll be lucky to keep Anthony Davis. My humble $0.02. Attracting Lebron would be the biggest of pipe dreams.
That seems like a very uninformed opinion. If the Pelicans really want to keep Cousins at all costs, then they will.

visualmagic
President's Circle

Post by visualmagic »

gerryb323 wrote:
long green wrote:Cousins’ value is a bit up in the air after blowing his Achilles. Davis is under contract & the Pels can super max him. The Pelicans are more stable than you think.
They're stable but they have no cap space for LeBron. I thought ajinca was dumped in one of the other trades (Mirotic?). The salaries would be hard to work. I think if he leaves Cleveland, Houston and one of the LA teams make the most sense. I don't know if being in the East (and not having to play the West as much) will be enough of a draw, but he can take more nights off (not literally, but rest woke playing anyway) in the East.
If Lebron wants to play for your team, you will make the trades necessary to free up cap space.

ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

visualmagic wrote:
GreenieBacker wrote:if the 76ers fire their GM and hire someone he likes, I don't see any reason that would scare Lebron away from them.

That seems like a very uninformed opinion. If the Pelicans really want to keep Cousins at all costs, then they will.
Agreed...I think he winds up staying with a 2 year max deal with an additional year at his option.

gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

Just checked. Some combination of Mirotic, Moore, Hill and Ajinca could get you close, money wise. Problem would be that's mostly a bunch of crap. And if LeBron goes West, I doubt the Pels are in the top 3
hashtagStopbunting
hashtagStopPUNTING!

gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

ml wave wrote:
visualmagic wrote:

Agreed...I think he winds up staying with a 2 year max deal with an additional year at his option.
Yeah, they're one of the few teams that can actually offer him the max. Now whether they should is a different story. The history of Achilles recoveries is not good. But, kinda like with Holliday, they don't really have an alternative
hashtagStopbunting
hashtagStopPUNTING!

ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

gerryb323 wrote:Just checked. Some combination of Mirotic, Moore, Hill and Ajinca could get you close, money wise. Problem would be that's mostly a bunch of crap. And if LeBron goes West, I doubt the Pels are in the top 3
Mirotic and Moore are good assets, Ajinca is expiring so he'd help Cleveland clear cap...Hill is the tough one. Mirotic, Moore and Ajinca gets them to ~$26.6MM. We wouldn't have to include Hill at that point, Darius Miller and/or Frank Jackson should be enough.

wavedom
Coach Level

Post by wavedom »

Baywave1 wrote:I haven't followed Sixers much since Dr. J. If it happens, it seems like it would be a good fit for him. He could enjoy the tabloid coverage of Simmons and Jenner!

In a few weeks after the draft, I fully expect to see comments here that he must be a failure if he doesn't meet his self proclaimed threshold of being a top-twenty draftee and predicting he'll be playing in Japan shortly. (Has Tulane ever had a first round NBA pick? Maybe in the paleo-days of the late forties or early fifties.)

With lots of positive news this week across the athletics front, it's been amazing to see the trolling done anyway by some of our own fans. In the good old days of the internet, you would see folks go to their opponent's web sites to troll but not here. For them there is no Tulane glass that is not emptying so why waste time going to Tiger D. Maybe we need Tony Robbins to come in to teach self-esteem posting? Meanwhile I'm just going to enjoy the good off-season news while waiting for the Wake game.
Once again you never miss a chance to bash our fans . I can remember when fans of a school only went to other teams sites to bash the opposing fans. There is positive news and if he's picked in the first round everyone will be happy for him.
Here we come!