Tulane Spring Football 2018

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
Coach Level

Re: Tulane Spring Football 2018

Unread post by 1401973 »

sr wrote:Monday AM interviews -
Darius Bradwell is a beast !

https://twitter.com/GreenWaveFB/status/ ... 2090261505
OK, I will be the jerk. He looks fat....and I understand that the last TU RB considered "fat" was playing in the NFL in '17.
long green
Cornerstone

Unread post by long green »

He certainly shouldn't get any bigger and I think he who should try to drop a few.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
Rotorooter
President's Circle

Unread post by Rotorooter »

Jerome Bettis?

I pretty much agree with lg. Looks too big in a bad way. He may be carrying the mail a lot in 2018.
Plan your work, work your plan.
Rotorooter
President's Circle

Unread post by Rotorooter »

repeat. sorry.
Plan your work, work your plan.
Cheerleader
Coach Level

Unread post by Cheerleader »

He looks big and mean and I would hate to be a secondary man trying to tackle him head up. I like the Jerome Bettis analogy. Scary.
sr
Regent's Circle

Unread post by sr »

PJR
Breaker Level

Unread post by PJR »

1401973 wrote:

OK, I will be the jerk. He looks fat....and I understand that the last TU RB considered "fat" was playing in the NFL in '17.
He is not fat. He is big.
FW
Cornerstone

Unread post by FW »

djh wrote:

Good grief, he looks like a nice size LB. If he has kept anything near his speed he will be a RB to contend with.
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Unread post by GreenieBacker »

Have we ever, and I mean ever, had less coverage on our Spring Practice from the two "local" papers than we've seen this year? I know we lost our Beat Writer at NOLA and our Beat Writer at the Advocate is on contract (so they use him sparingly to save money). But Good Lord, we're getting NOTHING. The little bit that's posted here is all generated in-house by Tulane.
A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.
waverider
Cornerstone

Unread post by waverider »

GreenieBacker wrote:Have we ever, and I mean ever, had less coverage on our Spring Practice from the two "local" papers than we've seen this year? I know we lost our Beat Writer at NOLA and our Beat Writer at the Advocate is on contract (so they use him sparingly to save money). But Good Lord, we're getting NOTHING. The little bit that's posted here is all generated in-house by Tulane.
And yet, Ed Daniels has been out there getting video interviews everyday.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
Coach Level

Unread post by 1401973 »

Can't really argue about less coverage, especially when there are three or four articles about the out of town team. But we all remember the times when the coverage we got was snarky, negative, and written with an agenda - I'd rather read nothing than read anything by Ted Lewis.
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

wr, maybe its my age but I prefer a written article. One that reports and analyses. Not so much an interview with Banks, but a written article that tells us how he's looking in comparison to last year, what new things has he picked up and maybe a comparison to how the other two QB's are doing.

and I know that in this new age everything has be visual.
waverider
Cornerstone

GreenieBacker wrote:wr, maybe its my age but I prefer a written article. One that reports and analyses. Not so much an interview with Banks, but a written article that tells us how he's looking in comparison to last year, what new things has he picked up and maybe a comparison to how the other two QB's are doing.

Is the media allowed to watch practice this year?
Tulane Greenbackers

PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Unread post by PeteRasche »

GreenieBacker wrote:and I know that in this new age everything has be visual.
I agree for the main reason that a lot of times when I'm surfing for Tulane news, I can't watch a video (at work, on a boring conference call, or somewhere that it wouldn't be appropriate because I don't have headphones handy). If you're gonna post a video, at least put a synopsis (if not a transcript) with it.

But that requires work and papers/websites are understaffed due to cuts, so this is what we get.
wavedom
Regent's Circle

Unread post by wavedom »

waverider wrote:
GreenieBacker wrote:wr, maybe its my age but I prefer a written article. One that reports and analyses. Not so much an interview with Banks, but a written article that tells us how he's looking in comparison to last year, what new things has he picked up and maybe a comparison to how the other two QB's are doing.

Is the media allowed to watch practice this year?
My understanding is that media access is limited now just like other schools. They only get to view for a very limited window and the staff of course allows it during drill times more so than when they are doing 11 on 11 work.
We deserve so much better
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

I agree for the main reason that a lot of times when I'm surfing for Tulane news, I can't watch a video (at work, on a boring conference call, or somewhere that it wouldn't be appropriate because I don't have headphones handy). If you're gonna post a video, at least put a synopsis (if not a transcript) with it.

exactly Pete, not very easy having a video going on (with sound) when I'm supposed to be working! :-D
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Unread post by gerryb323 »

GreenieBacker wrote:I agree for the main reason that a lot of times when I'm surfing for Tulane news, I can't watch a video (at work, on a boring conference call, or somewhere that it wouldn't be appropriate because I don't have headphones handy). If you're gonna post a video, at least put a synopsis (if not a transcript) with it.

exactly Pete, not very easy having a video going on (with sound) when I'm supposed to be working! :-D
It's like when people post links to stories without putting any kind of synopsis!
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
long green
Cornerstone

Unread post by long green »

Well, there will be no news for about a week as the players are off for Spring Break after today’s practice.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
rjc
Breaker Level

Unread post by rjc »

That's what happens when you have years and years of losing. The perception of the newspapers, fans , and recruits is that we don't play to win. The fan base is down to just a very few people. What other school in the country does not have one winning team in men and women basketball, football, and baseball. How can you build a fan base with a sorry record like that. I went to Sports Academy last week, next to the Huey Long bridge, and could not fine one Tulane item in the whole store. Tulane is becoming a stranger its it own home town. Sad. rjc
waverider
Cornerstone

rjc wrote:That's what happens when you have years and years of losing. The perception of the newspapers, fans , and recruits is that we don't play to win. The fan base is down to just a very few people. What other school in the country does not have one winning team in men and women basketball, football, and baseball. How can you build a fan base with a sorry record like that. I went to Sports Academy last week, next to the Huey Long bridge, and could not fine one Tulane item in the whole store. Tulane is becoming a stranger its it own home town. Sad. rjc

Had the more obvious reason of media not being allowed at practice not been already offered, this would be less funny and more true regarding the topic at hand.

Obviously winning will cure a lot, and unfortunately only those of us still here see the attitude changing. The aforementioned winning is the only way to let the outsiders know.
Tulane Greenbackers

krewe of ham and eggs
President's Circle

Unread post by krewe of ham and eggs »

gerryb323 wrote:
GreenieBacker wrote:I agree for the main reason that a lot of times when I'm surfing for Tulane news, I can't watch a video (at work, on a boring conference call, or somewhere that it wouldn't be appropriate because I don't have headphones handy). If you're gonna post a video, at least put a synopsis (if not a transcript) with it.

It's like when people post links to stories without putting any kind of synopsis!
AnY iMaGeS yOu PoRtRaY wIlL bE rEpReSeNtAtIvE oF tHe TeAm YoU sUpPoRt
sr
Regent's Circle

Unread post by sr »

OGSB
Emerald Circle

Unread post by OGSB »

Victory is never permanent
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Unread post by Baywave1 »

Well we just have to rely on the SID and his staff pumping out the info in the meantime. Yes I prefer independent media but it is what it is. At least the stuff being put out daily is interesting, of good quality and should appeal to our fan base. Let's start winning and the band wagon media will jump on with the band wagon fans.

P.S., You can also subscribe to Guerry Smith's website. He includes much material that doesn't make the papers and usually well before even the synopsis of the web site info reaches Advocate print. Worth the cost.
RI WAVE
Navigator Level

Unread post by RI WAVE »

Any chance someone closer to the program might be able to guess on the two deep Spring Depth chart at this stage of the practice sessions? The dearth of team info is really hard to take being so far away. How are the kickers doing? Punters / kick off/ FG? Even if you are just guessing, it will help me get some idea of where we stack up compared to last year. Position by position. Particularly 2nd string, which is crucial to our success next year.