Tulane Spring Football 2018

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Tulane Spring Football 2018

Unread post by GreenieBacker »

Spring Football is almost here!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-D

Tulane announces spring football practice schedule for 2018

http://www.nola.com/tulane/index.ssf/20 ... me_da.html

Tulane football spring practices will begin March 12, and the annual spring game will be 11 a.m. Saturday, April 14, at Yulman Stadium, the school has announced.

so many things to see. I'm interested, in no particular order, does Banks pick up from where he left off and is he even more comfortable running Fritz's Offense, how good is the true freshman QB Daniels, just how good is the TT transfer Dauphine, how good are the the DT's that enrolled early............
A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.
long green
Cornerstone

Re: Tulane Spring Football 2018

Unread post by long green »

The corner slot opposite Donnie Lewis. Keyes, Monroe have played some, Langham & Joyce haven't yet.

Lawrence Graham stepping into Marbley's spot.

The two redshirts at DE, Scott & Singletary.

The two redshirts on the OL, Claybrook & Jackel.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
Rotorooter
President's Circle

Unread post by Rotorooter »

There are only two sports in the South: football... and spring football.
Plan your work, work your plan.
Poseidon
Regent's Circle

Unread post by Poseidon »

Daniels is in for spring?
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM
Honorable mention - Navy
djh
Coach Level

Unread post by djh »

Poseidon wrote:Daniels is in for spring?
As far as I know that is true.
'Character is who you are, reputation is what others THINK you are.'
long green
Cornerstone

Unread post by long green »

Yes. I have seen him.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Poseidon he enrolled early along with a few others like that high 3 Star (should have been a 4 Star) DT from MS who had a whole bunch of gaudy P-5 offers. Both should be available for Spring Practice. I'm also interested in seeing Bradwell's progress at RB
G-wave
Navigator Level

Unread post by G-wave »

Last year we switch to a 3-4 D because of lack of linemen do stay at 3/4 or go back to 4-3 ?
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Unread post by OGSB »

Victory is never permanent
sr
Regent's Circle

Unread post by sr »

GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Moving Chase to LB from Safety is a good move he was a step too slow at Safety and got taken advantage of
sr
Regent's Circle

Unread post by sr »

GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

weather wise they're going to have a great week. No rain and nice, crisp weather. Should get a lot done.
Billow
Coach Level

Unread post by Billow »

Two new faces on Spring roster......LB Sam Bruchhaus 6'3 220 from St Louis in Lake Charles and OL Ben Bratcher 6'6 290 from J J Pearce in Dallas, TX. One would guess they are Preferred Walk-on's ....
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

G-wave, personally I hope we go back to a 4-3. I know we'll have to depend on true freshmen to run a 4-3 but the talent is there. I think.
sr
Regent's Circle

Unread post by sr »

Billow wrote:Two new faces on Spring roster......LB Sam Bruchhaus 6'3 220 from St Louis in Lake Charles and OL Ben Bratcher 6'6 290 from J J Pearce in Dallas, TX. One would guess they are Preferred Walk-on's ....
Sam's Hudl ... http://www.hudl.com/profile/3319248/Sam-Bruchhaus

Ben's Hudl ... http://www.hudl.com/profile/3103907/BEN-BRATCHER
waverider
Cornerstone

Unread post by waverider »

With our recent OL woes any additional help there is welcome.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
Rotorooter
President's Circle

Unread post by Rotorooter »

GreenieBacker wrote:G-wave, personally I hope we go back to a 4-3. I know we'll have to depend on true freshmen to run a 4-3 but the talent is there. I think.
It all depends on the quality of the personnel and where they shake out. Generically, I like a 3-4 or 3-5-3 because of the quickness required on the defensive side of the ball. But to run those defenses, you need a stout MG to take up space, someone like a Davenport. I don't see that on our roster, except for Edwards, and I haven't seen the stamina out of him yet. Can Kennedy do it? He'll need to keep injury free. We also need two good, solid DEs, at least one of which can rush the passer consistently. Not sure I see that on the roster, either.

Bottom line, the entire defense is a real question mark this coming season. So given that, I expect us to play a lot of 4-3 with a lot of nickel sprinkled in. We have the numbers for a DL rotation, but I'm not sure the talent is there to run a three man front effectively.

As for OL, I think we'll be a B- to B offensive front. If we get that, and Banks continues to improve his passing like last year, we'll be a stout offensive team in 2018.
Plan your work, work your plan.
wavedom
Regent's Circle

Unread post by wavedom »

sr wrote:
Billow wrote:Two new faces on Spring roster......LB Sam Bruchhaus 6'3 220 from St Louis in Lake Charles and OL Ben Bratcher 6'6 290 from J J Pearce in Dallas, TX. One would guess they are Preferred Walk-on's ....
Sam's Hudl ... http://www.hudl.com/profile/3319248/Sam-Bruchhaus

Ben's Hudl ... http://www.hudl.com/profile/3103907/BEN-BRATCHER
Thanks for posting that. The OL looks good. Has size and appears to move well. Of course highlight tapes are just that and there must be something that kept him from getting signed but he will certainly get a shot with our issues at that position.
We deserve so much better
wavedom
Regent's Circle

Unread post by wavedom »

Rotorooter wrote:
GreenieBacker wrote:G-wave, personally I hope we go back to a 4-3. I know we'll have to depend on true freshmen to run a 4-3 but the talent is there. I think.
It all depends on the quality of the personnel and where they shake out. Generically, I like a 3-4 or 3-5-3 because of the quickness required on the defensive side of the ball. But to run those defenses, you need a stout MG to take up space, someone like a Davenport. I don't see that on our roster, except for Edwards, and I haven't seen the stamina out of him yet. Can Kennedy do it? He'll need to keep injury free. We also need two good, solid DEs, at least one of which can rush the passer consistently. Not sure I see that on the roster, either.

Bottom line, the entire defense is a real question mark this coming season. So given that, I expect us to play a lot of 4-3 with a lot of nickel sprinkled in. We have the numbers for a DL rotation, but I'm not sure the talent is there to run a three man front effectively.

As for OL, I think we'll be a B- to B offensive front. If we get that, and Banks continues to improve his passing like last year, we'll be a stout offensive team in 2018.
What we have played when we have the linemen is a 4-2-5. It would appear based on the signings that we will go back to that.
We deserve so much better
sr
Regent's Circle

Unread post by sr »

If you need them, they're on the field ...

https://twitter.com/GreenWaveFB/status/ ... 8248614912
waverider
Cornerstone

Unread post by waverider »

wavedom wrote:
Rotorooter wrote:

What we have played when we have the linemen is a 4-2-5. It would appear based on the signings that we will go back to that.
I think in our conference this is what Fritz prefers. We play mostly spread offenses that require 5 DBs on the field most plays. If the new guys can contribute we should be able to get back to a 4 man front.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

We have three guys coming in at DT that have the potential to be very, very good. Keep an eye on the DT from De La Salle he's my Dark Horse of he three*. Plus I like the move of Chase to LB, that could work out well.

*we'll have to wait until Fall to see what he can do
Billow
Coach Level

Unread post by Billow »

There are 4 DT coming in with 2 already here. Coming in June are DLS guy James & Alfred Thomas from AL.
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

You’re right Billow, I had forgotten about Thomas. That makes four interesting candidates to shine at DT