Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:19 am 
Navigator Level

sr wrote:
Monday AM interviews -
Darius Bradwell is a beast !

https://twitter.com/GreenWaveFB/status/975760372090261505

OK, I will be the jerk. He looks fat....and I understand that the last TU RB considered "fat" was playing in the NFL in '17.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:58 am 
Emerald Circle

He certainly shouldn't get any bigger and I think he who should try to drop a few.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:49 pm 
President's Circle

Jerome Bettis?

I pretty much agree with lg. Looks too big in a bad way. He may be carrying the mail a lot in 2018.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:49 pm 
President's Circle

repeat. sorry.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:31 pm 
Coach Level

He looks big and mean and I would hate to be a secondary man trying to tackle him head up. I like the Jerome Bettis analogy. Scary.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:12 pm 
Regent's Circle

Spring Spotlight - Teddy Encalade

https://twitter.com/GreenWaveFB/status/976539586363969536

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:34 pm 
Riptide Level

1401973 wrote:
sr wrote:
Monday AM interviews -

OK, I will be the jerk. He looks fat....and I understand that the last TU RB considered "fat" was playing in the NFL in '17.

He is not fat. He is big.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:57 pm 
Cornerstone

djh wrote:
sr wrote:
Monday AM interviews -

Good grief, he looks like a nice size LB. If he has kept anything near his speed he will be a RB to contend with.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:10 am 
Emerald Circle

Have we ever, and I mean ever, had less coverage on our Spring Practice from the two "local" papers than we've seen this year? I know we lost our Beat Writer at NOLA and our Beat Writer at the Advocate is on contract (so they use him sparingly to save money). But Good Lord, we're getting NOTHING. The little bit that's posted here is all generated in-house by Tulane.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:42 am 
Emerald Circle

GreenieBacker wrote:
Have we ever, and I mean ever, had less coverage on our Spring Practice from the two "local" papers than we've seen this year? I know we lost our Beat Writer at NOLA and our Beat Writer at the Advocate is on contract (so they use him sparingly to save money). But Good Lord, we're getting NOTHING. The little bit that's posted here is all generated in-house by Tulane.
And yet, Ed Daniels has been out there getting video interviews everyday.

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:46 am 
Navigator Level

Can't really argue about less coverage, especially when there are three or four articles about the out of town team. But we all remember the times when the coverage we got was snarky, negative, and written with an agenda - I'd rather read nothing than read anything by Ted Lewis.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:56 am 
Emerald Circle

wr, maybe its my age but I prefer a written article. One that reports and analyses. Not so much an interview with Banks, but a written article that tells us how he's looking in comparison to last year, what new things has he picked up and maybe a comparison to how the other two QB's are doing.

and I know that in this new age everything has be visual.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:22 am 
Emerald Circle

GreenieBacker wrote:
wr, maybe its my age but I prefer a written article. One that reports and analyses. Not so much an interview with Banks, but a written article that tells us how he's looking in comparison to last year, what new things has he picked up and maybe a comparison to how the other two QB's are doing.

Is the media allowed to watch practice this year?

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:09 pm 
Emerald Circle

GreenieBacker wrote:
I agree for the main reason that a lot of times when I'm surfing for Tulane news, I can't watch a video (at work, on a boring conference call, or somewhere that it wouldn't be appropriate because I don't have headphones handy). If you're gonna post a video, at least put a synopsis (if not a transcript) with it.

But that requires work and papers/websites are understaffed due to cuts, so this is what we get.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:41 pm 
Navigator Level

waverider wrote:
GreenieBacker wrote:

Is the media allowed to watch practice this year?

My understanding is that media access is limited now just like other schools. They only get to view for a very limited window and the staff of course allows it during drill times more so than when they are doing 11 on 11 work.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:50 pm 
Emerald Circle

I agree for the main reason that a lot of times when I'm surfing for Tulane news, I can't watch a video (at work, on a boring conference call, or somewhere that it wouldn't be appropriate because I don't have headphones handy). If you're gonna post a video, at least put a synopsis (if not a transcript) with it.

exactly Pete, not very easy having a video going on (with sound) when I'm supposed to be working! :-D

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:20 pm 
President's Circle

GreenieBacker wrote:

exactly Pete, not very easy having a video going on (with sound) when I'm supposed to be working! :-D

It's like when people post links to stories without putting any kind of synopsis!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:56 pm 
Emerald Circle

Well, there will be no news for about a week as the players are off for Spring Break after today’s practice.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:53 pm 
Breaker Level

That's what happens when you have years and years of losing. The perception of the newspapers, fans , and recruits is that we don't play to win. The fan base is down to just a very few people. What other school in the country does not have one winning team in men and women basketball, football, and baseball. How can you build a fan base with a sorry record like that. I went to Sports Academy last week, next to the Huey Long bridge, and could not fine one Tulane item in the whole store. Tulane is becoming a stranger its it own home town. Sad. rjc

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:58 pm 
Emerald Circle

rjc wrote:
That's what happens when you have years and years of losing. The perception of the newspapers, fans , and recruits is that we don't play to win. The fan base is down to just a very few people. What other school in the country does not have one winning team in men and women basketball, football, and baseball. How can you build a fan base with a sorry record like that. I went to Sports Academy last week, next to the Huey Long bridge, and could not fine one Tulane item in the whole store. Tulane is becoming a stranger its it own home town. Sad. rjc

Had the more obvious reason of media not being allowed at practice not been already offered, this would be less funny and more true regarding the topic at hand.

Obviously winning will cure a lot, and unfortunately only those of us still here see the attitude changing. The aforementioned winning is the only way to let the outsiders know.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:17 pm 
President's Circle

gerryb323 wrote:
GreenieBacker wrote:

It's like when people post links to stories without putting any kind of synopsis!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:24 pm 
Regent's Circle

Spring Spotlight - The Coaches

https://twitter.com/CoachAAtkins/status/977344273271042048

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:18 pm 
Emerald Circle

Advocate: "I feel like I can do everything:" Tulane RB Darius Bradwell having big spring

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:10 pm 
Regent's Circle

Well we just have to rely on the SID and his staff pumping out the info in the meantime. Yes I prefer independent media but it is what it is. At least the stuff being put out daily is interesting, of good quality and should appeal to our fan base. Let's start winning and the band wagon media will jump on with the band wagon fans.

P.S., You can also subscribe to Guerry Smith's website. He includes much material that doesn't make the papers and usually well before even the synopsis of the web site info reaches Advocate print. Worth the cost.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:28 am 
Breaker Level

Any chance someone closer to the program might be able to guess on the two deep Spring Depth chart at this stage of the practice sessions? The dearth of team info is really hard to take being so far away. How are the kickers doing? Punters / kick off/ FG? Even if you are just guessing, it will help me get some idea of where we stack up compared to last year. Position by position. Particularly 2nd string, which is crucial to our success next year.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next