Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Tulane vs Purdue
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:23 pm 
Navigator Level

We were in control throughout thanks to another good out by Gillies. It looks like we have two-thirds of the weekend rotation down. Another tough week coming. Looking forward to it.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:37 pm 
Emerald Circle

Gillies is becoming one of the things we can depend on. Good for him.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:27 pm 
Emerald Circle

visualmagic wrote:
If guys like Hoese and Artigues keep playing well people may have to re-evaluate their opinions on how bad of a recruiter that David Pierce was.

It's not that he was bad, it's that he wanted to leave for a "better" job so he didn't bother recruiting. Lol

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:31 pm 
Coach Level

ml wave wrote:
visualmagic wrote:
If guys like Hoese and Artigues keep playing well people may have to re-evaluate their opinions on how bad of a recruiter that David Pierce was.

It's not that he was bad, it's that he wanted to leave for a "better" job so he didn't bother recruiting. Lol

:lol:
Who was it that came up with that BS again? BACONWAVE maybe?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:01 pm 
Breaker Level

visualmagic wrote:
ml wave wrote:
visualmagic wrote:

Do me a favor...tell me who Pierce's Junior & Senior pitcher's are this year on the team?
& also once again.. Never said we didn't have good players...we didn't have diverse talent on the roster, depth, or any pitching coming in to offset what we were losing.

Yes we have starters on our team he recruited.. Hell even you could have recruited & found a needle in a haystack. Getting good players does not equal a balanced roster.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:29 pm 
Navigator Level

Heard some noise on Twitter or somewhere about a kerfluffle between Purdue fans and some Tulane students at one of the games. Anyone want to fill me in on what if anything actually occurred?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:18 am 
Coach Level

BACONWAVE wrote:
visualmagic wrote:
ml wave wrote:
visualmagic wrote:

Do me a favor...tell me who Pierce's Junior & Senior pitcher's are this year on the team?
& also once again.. Never said we didn't have good players...we didn't have diverse talent on the roster, depth, or any pitching coming in to offset what we were losing.

Yes we have starters on our team he recruited.. Hell even you could have recruited & found a needle in a haystack. Getting good players does not equal a balanced roster.

This is what you said about Pierce’s recruiting:

Quote:
It is very simple why he left....
1. Tuition
2. Piss poor recruiting by Pierce
3. Said piss poor recruiting means all new kids & no depth

Like I have said before. Team totally appeared to tune new staff out & I understand since 4th staff since they got here. They were winning but I think Coach Jewett had a lousy start since hired so late & had little recruiting & chance to mesh with AN ENTIRE NEW STAFF. He knew what he was looking at when he got here & knew recruiting was horrible. Pierce won b/c he has had the same staff for years & came in here knowing he was basically gone soon & gave no Shiz about our future. I still cannot fathom how some people think someone can just walk in & win while sacrificing THEIR CORE VALUES they are trying to instill. If the seniors felt this was BS then so be it. But Jewett has shown he wins wherever he goes & can recruit at Private schools so just give the dude a chance. Like he came here a said" YESSSS lets screw Tulane now...MMOOOHAHHAHA". Geez

That’s an interesting way of saying “got good players but not a balanced roster”

The JR and SR pitchers from Pierce looks to be Massey, who was great under Pierce and Issa. Bjorngjeld was a Jones recruit.
I’m not really sure what that proves though. The pitching was great when he was here. He hadn’t really needed to make many additions there.

The 2 best ERA’s on the team are Pierce guys...

Quote:
Pierce won b/c he has had the same staff for years & came in here knowing he was basically gone soon & gave no Shiz about our future.

BTW This quote is just silly

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:44 am 
Emerald Circle

visualmagic wrote:
Quote:
Pierce won b/c he has had the same staff for years & came in here knowing he was basically gone soon & gave no Shiz about our future.

BTW This quote is just silly

I know if I desperately wanted to get a better job, the first thing I'd do is just stop recruiting altogether.