Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:51 am 
Crest Level

"The kids fought hard today," Tulane head coach Travis Jewett said. "It was the first time we've been able to come out and generate a little offense (in a series game three) in a while. I though Pellerin did a heck of a job in relief. Right now, I just feel like we're finding ways to come out on the short end of the stick."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:08 am 
Regent's Circle

Don't think I've heard that one before ... not in those words.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:36 am 
Navigator Level

Fanowave wrote:
"The kids fought hard today," Tulane head coach Travis Jewett said. "It was the first time we've been able to come out and generate a little offense (in a series game three) in a while. I though Pellerin did a heck of a job in relief. Right now, I just feel like we're finding ways to come out on the short end of the stick."

"Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory."

We sat with some of the parents including Jensen's and Bate's. Great folks. We were impressed with Bates mound presence as well as how he threw. It may have been a different story had he come in earlier. Disappointing.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:51 am 
Navigator Level

I wonder who Coach Jewett is thinking is in charge of what happens? Who is the "we" he is referencing. Him? His staff? The athletes?

If he isn't controlling the outcome, or is saying he is unable to control what is happening, then what exactly is the point here.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:43 pm 
Emerald Circle

There is nothing wrong whatsoever with his statement quoted above. Of course the "we" includes him and his staff. I don't know him but I know he's not throwing anyone under the bus with that statement. Of course what he says after yet another loss is going to sound awkward. I reckon it sounds awkward to him, trying to put out some soundbite while his program digs still deeper into its hole.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:51 pm 
Regent's Circle

long green wrote:
There is nothing wrong whatsoever with his statement quoted above. Of course the "we" includes him and his staff. I don't know him but I know he's not throwing anyone under the bus with that statement. Of course what he says after yet another loss is going to sound awkward. I reckon it sounds awkward to him, trying to put out some soundbite while his program digs still deeper into its hole.

Agree. Good teams find ways to win and regrettably bad teams find ways to lose. Obviously that includes coaching.