Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:20 am 
President's Circle

There hasn't been a post since Monday afternoon?!
We lost to UNO in baseball in what was actually a pretty decent game and no one has anything to say?!
I'm Ron Burgundy?!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:26 am 
Emerald Circle

The site was broken

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:34 am 
President's Circle

windywave wrote:
The site was broken

So, yes? Makes sense it's just the two of us left, I suppose. You never saying anything controversial and me never anything of substance!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:39 am 
President's Circle

I mean, some people obviously had to go for a while. Not naming any names (rhymes with bowler, cough), well, except '54 was obviously going to be banned after all of those juju posts.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:00 am 
Coach Level

gerryb323 wrote:
We lost to UNO in baseball in what was actually a pretty decent game and no one has anything to say?!
I'm Ron Burgundy?!

The site was down I think. But nobody cares anyway.
I mean I do but what’s left to say that hasn’t been said already?
The direction of the program under Coach Jewett is not good.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:03 am 
Regent's Circle

It's... been rough. It hurts me to see our proud program like this. Can't even imagine how our players feel.

...anyway y'all hear that Jeffery Johnson is working with the 1st team?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:40 am 
Breaker Level

This forum has been that way for a while. A lot of people have just lost interest, can’t blame them. It should pick up right before football season.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:23 am 
Coach Level

speckled trout wrote:
This forum has been that way for a while. A lot of people have just lost interest, can’t blame them. It should pick up right before football season.

Well, to be honest there isn't much to talk about. Spring practice hasn't been covered closely enough by media or posters to give us any insight. Baseball is very divisive at the moment. People can't seem to separate talking about this season and 'the future/state of the program.' That isn't a Tulane thing though. That happens everywhere. Basketball tanked, and IMO roster turnover prevents fans from investing more interest there. Again, not necessarily a Tulane thing. Put all of this together and the Tulane forum, as well as other teams, aren't as interesting as say, 10 years ago.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:51 am 
Riptide Level

gerryb323 wrote:

I'm Ron Burgundy?!

Tulane people are speaking "with their feet" now, which means that they are not showing up to support a consistent loser (at the ballpark or on this forum). Many of us out here are just plain sick of the struggle. What good does it do? Tulane is facing losing seasons in football, men's and ladies' hoops, and now baseball. All of this losing is tiring and discouraging.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:11 am 
Emerald Circle

And the frick hemlock society shows up again. Jeezus there are a disproportionate number of miserable SOBs out there. It's a beautiful day, go day drinking, have a good meal, play the ponies, sit on a swing, go to the zoo, get laid. Just start enjoying life.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:23 am 
President's Circle

windywave wrote:
And the frick hemlock society shows up again. Jeezus there are a disproportionate number of miserable SOBs out there. It's a beautiful day, go day drinking, have a good meal, play the ponies, sit on a swing, go to the zoo, get laid. Just start enjoying life.

I should have known the site was down. There was no whining for a whole day! Weird thing is it seemed like it was working for me the whole time

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:26 am 
Emerald Circle

The site worked and all the forums showed, but when you clicked into a thread there was a string of errors at the top and the formatting was off a bit. And you could not post, it gave you an error when you hit submit.

If you just came to the front page looking for the little orange notifications that new posts had been made, you'd have just thought that everything was fine but no one was posting.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:30 am 
President's Circle

PeteRasche wrote:
The site worked and all the forums showed, but when you clicked into a thread there was a string of errors at the top and the formatting was off a bit. And you could not post, it gave you an error when you hit submit.

If you just came to the front page looking for the little orange notifications that new posts had been made, you'd have just thought that everything was fine but no one was posting.

Yeah, I have nothing original to say, so that's what I look for! Figures it works as soon as I finish my own post.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:39 am 
Regent's Circle

Got an email from windy: forum is broken

Response: don't care, on vacation

I wouldn't have known what to do anyway.

2 more cents... I'm starting to align with the hemlock society. If we can't beat uno we need a new direction for baseball.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:29 am 
Breaker Level

Poseidon wrote:
speckled trout wrote:

Well, to be honest there isn't much to talk about. Spring practice hasn't been covered closely enough by media or posters to give us any insight. Baseball is very divisive at the moment. People can't seem to separate talking about this season and 'the future/state of the program.' That isn't a Tulane thing though. That happens everywhere. Basketball tanked, and IMO roster turnover prevents fans from investing more interest there. Again, not necessarily a Tulane thing. Put all of this together and the Tulane forum, as well as other teams, aren't as interesting as say, 10 years ago.

As far as spring practice fans aren't allowed in except for the spring game so that's why nobody is posting any news on it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:15 am 
Emerald Circle

I don't want to criticize what WF is doing, but...............for a Program as down as ours has been, battling the Monster upstate that just sucks up all the media oxygen (which isn't much to begin with), publicity, chatter, excitement and anticipation is critically crucial. By closing practices WF has just choked the life out of what use to be a pretty exciting/optimistic time for TU Football.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:22 am 
Cornerstone

For those who are into such things:

There was a security upgrade to the system software, which triggered some sort of incompatibility in the sign-in routines. Our system guy (who I believe is located in California) had to revert the server back to the older software until the bugs get worked out. Should be ok for now.

The bright side is that it gives people something to bitch about amid all the happiness.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:25 am 
Regent's Circle

windywave wrote:

Not everyone fortunate enough to take the under on our baseball team this year, I guess.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:25 am 
Coach Level

GreenieBacker wrote:
I don't want to criticize what WF is doing, but...............for a Program as down as ours has been, battling the Monster upstate that just sucks up all the media oxygen (which isn't much to begin with), publicity, chatter, excitement and anticipation is critically crucial. By closing practices WF has just choked the life out of what use to be a pretty exciting/optimistic time for TU Football.

It does leave a dearth of coverage, but when we win 8 games this year I'll be able to forgive him.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:42 am 
Emerald Circle

as with most everything else in life: Alls Well that Ends Well.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:50 am 
Emerald Circle

GreenieBacker wrote:

They have done a better job getting stories out this spring. The two papers are MIA.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:08 am 
Emerald Circle

true, but we used to have a core group of fans (like Observer) that would go to the practices come back here and tell us what they saw and thought. I miss that. Also not having a Beat Writer at NOLA and one on contract at the Advocate is killing our exposure on local media.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:38 am 
Coach Level

windywave wrote:

Being upset about the state of the baseball program makes you a miserable SOB?

I can enjoy life and still be upset about the baseball team. And why are you so invested in trying to get people to stop posting about the baseball team?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:49 am 
Emerald Circle

To quote From the movie The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel:

“It will all be alright in the end, and if it is not yet alright, it is not yet the end!”

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:19 pm 
Emerald Circle

visualmagic wrote:
windywave wrote:

Being upset about the state of the baseball program makes you a miserable SOB?

I can enjoy life and still be upset about the baseball team. And why are you so invested in trying to get people to stop posting about the baseball team?

No the incessant negative posting even when we win and the daily gnashing of teeth is what makes people miserable SOBs. I don't want people to stop posting I just think agenda driven negative posting is pathetic.