No Sugar Coating

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
Wavefan
Coach Level

No Sugar Coating

Unread post by Wavefan »

Baseball, by its very nature, is a game where the best team doesn't always win every game (hence why there are series). Bloop hits happen; line drives right at a fielder turn into outs; ace pitchers have off nights; etc.

Having said that, losing two games to UNO this year is UNACCEPTABLE, regardless of what happens in the third game. Particularly how we lost - wild pitches, errors, base-running mistakes, just giving the game to an inferior opponent. There was a time when UNO was a respectable peer in baseball. They played in a pretty good conference, recruited at a high level, heck, they were the first Louisiana team to make the CWS. But that is ancient history. To lose two out of three (at least) to THIS present-day UNO team is an abomination. While we may not have the horses on this team that we had in the late 90s through mid-2000s, it is not a lack of talent that is costing us games against UNO and the like.
TN GREEN
Crest Level

Re: No Sugar Coating

Unread post by TN GREEN »

I agree. I really had high hopes for the year. I believe in Coach Jewett having watched his good work at Vanderbilt with Coach Corbin. The inconsistency, sloppy play and continued inability to close out games is very frustrating. We can and must do better.