13-20

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
sr
Regent's Circle

Re: 13-20

Unread post by sr »

CletusRelm wrote:Wavery, you said it.

As many on this post knows, I did nothing but TU baseball. I do not fish, hunt, bowl, golf, drink, gamble, don't do football, don't do basketball or any other TU sport. All I did was wait for TU baseball and I never missed a local game either at TU or UNO. That's gone now.

Since 1997 I have been a season ticket holder for baseball and when I would get the bill to pay for my season tickets, I actually enjoyed (or at least did not mind) paying that bill. When the TU baseball seasons were over, I was already waiting for the next season. I would follow the forum on recruits and even go to Kirsch Rooney to see some of the local recruits. I would watch what TU current players were doing during summer leagues. I would go to TU fall ball and spring ball in anticipation of the upcoming season. The wife new (and respected) that all I did was TU baseball, and now she is very surprised to see that the enjoyment I once had for TU baseball is no longer there. I too thought we would be much better.

That's all gone now and it is very depressing.

Will I renew my season tickets, who knows?
CR - you should stop by the AD's office and reiterate your feelings ... or email them.
Rotorooter
President's Circle

Unread post by Rotorooter »

As many on this post knows, I did nothing but TU baseball. I do not fish, hunt, bowl, golf, drink, gamble, don't do football, don't do basketball or any other TU sport. All I did was wait for TU baseball and I never missed a local game either at TU or UNO. That's gone now.

Since 1997 I have been a season ticket holder for baseball and when I would get the bill to pay for my season tickets, I actually enjoyed (or at least did not mind) paying that bill. When the TU baseball seasons were over, I was already waiting for the next season. I would follow the forum on recruits and even go to Kirsch Rooney to see some of the local recruits. I would watch what TU current players were doing during summer leagues. I would go to TU fall ball and spring ball in anticipation of the upcoming season. The wife new (and respected) that all I did was TU baseball, and now she is very surprised to see that the enjoyment I once had for TU baseball is no longer there. I too thought we would be much better.

You and wavery ought to try doing the same thing about TU football. Take a mental break from TU baseball. I think that will be the first sport to turn around. We have a good home schedule this season. As long as Banks doesn't get hurt, we'll have a good season offensively, which will be exciting and entertaining. The tailgating is great. Weather most of the time will be great. The facility is great. Try that for awhile.

Your feelings are probably much like the Nebraska football fan. Success doesn't last forever, but neither does failure. Enough people vote with their feet, and changes will be made. Make your displeasure known, but also find another outlet. My sense is, you'll like football for 2018.
Plan your work, work your plan.
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Unread post by gerryb323 »

And a thread that should never have started reaches 2 pages
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
Wavery
Navigator Level

Unread post by Wavery »

Rotorooter wrote:

You and wavery ought to try doing the same thing about TU football. Take a mental break from TU baseball. I think that will be the first sport to turn around. We have a good home schedule this season. As long as Banks doesn't get hurt, we'll have a good season offensively, which will be exciting and entertaining. The tailgating is great. Weather most of the time will be great. The facility is great. Try that for awhile.

Your feelings are probably much like the Nebraska football fan. Success doesn't last forever, but neither does failure. Enough people vote with their feet, and changes will be made. Make your displeasure known, but also find another outlet. My sense is, you'll like football for 2018.
I toned down my original post because I realized I sounded like I was throwing a pity party and placing too much importance on Tulane Baseball. However, I can't stress how much fun it has been over the years for me. I practically raised my son at Turchin! So many good memories, but this has been painful to watch. I will go Friday, as I haven't gone to a game in a while.

I am a huge Football fan too. I haven't missed many home games in the last 15-20 years. However, I've experienced little fun at football games over the same time period that baseball has provided for me. Plus, the way last season played out was equally as heart breaking. At least with football we seem to be getting better.
windywave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by windywave »

gerryb323 wrote:And a thread that should never have started reaches 2 pages
If only a thread existed where a moderator could move these posts to....
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
Fanowave
Crest Level

Unread post by Fanowave »

Tulane, which has lost seven straight midweek games while going 0-6 against Louisiana opponents, is on course for its first back-to-back losing seasons since the 1960s.
Fanowave
Crest Level

Answer: first back-to-back losing seasons since the 1960s.

Unread post by Fanowave »

Have not been swept by UNO since 1990 per the Advocate. I feel ill.