Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: LSwho?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:04 pm 
Breaker Level

What an exciting game! Wave walks it off in the 9th to win 10-9. We have been playing much better lately. Jewett is now 3-1 against the Tigers.

Post subject: Re: LSwho?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:05 pm 
Regent's Circle

Well, it wasn't a game for the ages, but I'll take it it.

We are still prone to defensive mistakes, way to many freebie bases (hbp and walks) and, of course we tend to get burned when our pitchers don't get the called third strike.

But one thing we do have is, when we need to answer, we have batting resilency.

I didn't know how things would end after 'Spoon's HR in the 9th, but I was feeling good about our chances. (And we didn't need to get to two outs this time!)

Did y'all hear WWL's recap of the game?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:33 pm 
Cornerstone

For my personal feelings, this finish ranks second all-time in games against that team.

Behind Sparks' homer back in (iirc) '97 or '98.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:25 pm 
Emerald Circle

BC Wave wrote:

Did y'all hear WWL's recap of the game?

No but I’m sure it was a lot of “we gave the game away”. (Which I can’t really argue since the game ended on 12 straight balls).

Btw, when they took the lead in the 9th some of their fans finally woke up and even started chanting “uno, uno”. Made that last pitch even better.

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:45 am 
Riptide Level

Over these last three years of play, the baseball tally is Tulane 5 wins , LSU 1 win . The win on Wednesday was as ugly as can be, but who around here does not love an ugly win.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:25 am 
Emerald Circle

Remember those old football polls we’d throw around that said “would you rather beat LSU and have a losing record...or lose to the Corndogs and go to a bowl”?

Of course I’d want both, but for me, beating LSU while having a losing record highlights woulda coulda shoulda.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:54 am 
Navigator Level

Is CTJ the Vince Gibson of Baseball ? :green wink:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:26 am 
Emerald Circle

TUPF wrote:
Remember those old football polls we’d throw around that said “would you rather beat LSU and have a losing record...or lose to the Corndogs and go to a bowl”?

Of course I’d want both, but for me, beating LSU while having a losing record highlights woulda coulda shoulda.

The illiterates are not even worthy of being mentioned in the same breath as us. Beating them provides no satisfaction in that college athletics is the high water point in their lives which is pathetic

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:09 am 
Coach Level

CST offered to carry the game on TV. Tulane turned them down. Thoughts?
http://www.nola.com/tulane/index.ssf/2018/04/lsu_tulane_baseball_tv_2018.html

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:47 am 
Regent's Circle

What the Tiger Pravda failed to report was that Cox offered Tulane considerably less than what they gave LSU for its game vs Tulane last month.

The TP needs to ask Cox why the disparity in what you pay one school vs another for the same game.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:20 pm 
President's Circle

BC Wave wrote:
What the Tiger Pravda failed to report was that Cox offered Tulane considerably less than what they gave LSU for its game vs Tulane last month.

The TP needs to ask Cox why the disparity in what you pay one school vs another for the same game.

And it's the same game! And this one was considerably better!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:23 am 
Emerald Circle

BC Wave wrote:

Dickson would have accepted the offer then give the money to lsu as to no “ruffle any feathers” :roll:

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:36 pm 
Navigator Level

waverider wrote:
BC Wave wrote:

Dickson would have accepted the offer then give the money to lsu as to no “ruffle any feathers” :roll:

totally.

I was told that after one of our wins against them at Turchin the in game marketing person played "Calling Baton Rouge" while everyone was filing out of the stadium and someone got offended and so that person got in a heap of trouble and Dickson made them write a letter of apology. I was offended at how much offense was taken over a silly song.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:05 pm 
Cornerstone

DrHullabaloo wrote:
waverider wrote:
BC Wave wrote:

totally.

I was told that after one of our wins against them at Turchin the in game marketing person played "Calling Baton Rouge" while everyone was filing out of the stadium and someone got offended and so that person got in a heap of trouble and Dickson made them write a letter of apology. I was offended at how much offense was taken over a silly song.
I would have written, "YOur school sucks. Deal with it, and stop being a crybaby looking for some kind of salve for your wounds. We do not owe you respect."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:16 pm 
Emerald Circle

DrHullabaloo wrote:
waverider wrote:
BC Wave wrote:

totally.

I believe it. That exact phrase of “not ruffle feathers” was told to me by someone who heard RD use that exact phrase when explaining why he gave into them when working on the last football deal.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:32 am 
Navigator Level

LSwho loses another weekend series, has an RPI of 51 and at this point may not make their tournament.

With TU not doing great this year, at least I have the pleasure of watching LSwho go down the tubes. :-D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:36 am 
Emerald Circle

waverider wrote:
DrHullabaloo wrote:
waverider wrote:
BC Wave wrote:

totally.

I believe it. That exact phrase of “not ruffle feathers” was told to me by someone who heard RD use that exact phrase when explaining why he gave into them when working on the last football deal.
Don’t know Dannen personally but when I spent an hour with one of his direct reports in December touring the facilities, I got the distinct impression that Dannen “gets it”. He understands how important traditions are and the whole revival of Angry Wave among other things is his doing. Yes, he’s a bottom line guy too but I don’t see Dannen kowtowing to the Corndogs. Heck, since he wasn’t baptized in a bayou he holds no awe for any of the up the river cr@p that goes on.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:21 am 
Emerald Circle

TUPF wrote:
waverider wrote:
DrHullabaloo wrote:
waverider wrote:
BC Wave wrote:

totally.

Don’t know Dannen personally but when I spent an hour with one of his direct reports in December touring the facilities, I got the distinct impression that Dannen “gets it”. He understands how important traditions are and the whole revival of Angry Wave among other things is his doing. Yes, he’s a bottom line guy too but I don’t see Dannen kowtowing to the Corndogs. Heck, since he wasn’t baptized in a bayou he holds no awe for any of the up the river cr@p that goes on.

Rick wasn't local either, just weak willed

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 11:36 am 
Regent's Circle

Roller wrote:
For my personal feelings, this finish ranks second all-time in games against that team.

Behind Sparks' homer back in (iirc) '97 or '98.

You ARE speaking of regular season games right? Because anything else other than winning @ Zephyr to send us, rather than them, to the CWS is way, shall we say, off base. :roll:

FS'54

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 11:55 am 
Regent's Circle

Speaking of Regionals, etc. - lsu is 'First Four Out' keeping company with Miss State.