ETSU sinks Green Wave

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
RollWaveRoll
Crest Level

Re: ETSU sinks Green Wave

Unread post by RollWaveRoll »

visualmagic wrote:How many games will they win?

These are his players BTW
His players? Rowland, Hoese, Gozzo, spoon, Massey, artigues, byorgneld, are all his players? We all know you have an agenda which is fine, I have no issue with that. It’s your opinion. But can your message at least be consistent. You’ve stated numerous times this is a rebuild. So Is it a rebuild or is it not, are these his players or are they not?
windywave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by windywave »

visualmagic wrote:Huh? I did make my prediction. I told you in March of last year that 2018 would be bad. I said it’d probably be worse than 2017. I said that there’d be no Regional
How very specific :roll:
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
visualmagic
President's Circle

Unread post by visualmagic »

RollWaveRoll wrote:

His players? Rowland, Hoese, Gozzo, spoon, Massey, artigues, byorgneld, are all his players? We all know you have an agenda which is fine, I have no issue with that. It’s your opinion. But can your message at least be consistent. You’ve stated numerous times this is a rebuild. So Is it a rebuild or is it not, are these his players or are they not?
No, you stated that it was a rebuild. I said no such thing.
The pitching staff is almost all his and it’s awful. The hitting is less his guys but I don’t see that as a good thing since it’s the strength of the team.
visualmagic
President's Circle

windywave wrote:
visualmagic wrote:Huh? I did make my prediction. I told you in March of last year that 2018 would be bad. I said it’d probably be worse than 2017. I said that there’d be no Regional
How very specific :roll:
More specific and accurate than the predictions of anyone else on this board
visualmagic
President's Circle

FTR the reason I ask for some concrete expectations from the people who are happy with the current state of the program is not to make them look wrong in the future it’s because:
A. I’d like to see where they think the program should be
And
B. I’d like to see what happens if we don’t achieve what they said is a reasonable expectation.
Do they admit then that maybe things aren’t going in the right direction or do they sing the same tune.
If you don’t say what you think is a successful season before the year starts, you can defend or bash the coach no matter what happens. If Jewett gets them in a regional, I’ll call that a success.
I think BACON would defend Jewett regardless of what happened on the field. I bet If we had gone 10-46 this year he’d have chalked that up to bad recruiting by Pierce and given TJ a pass.
BACONWAVE
Navigator Level

Unread post by BACONWAVE »

Put some concrete expectations out there for next season.

What part of total rebuild have you not heard me say? I KNEW they would not be regional material unless they had very good breaks. He did recruit some of this team & like I have said they will need time to get experience. Next years team will be a lot more balanced on both sides of the ball. He is already on his 2nd head recruiter & they are still recruiting very well. Hopefully as good as the team Pierce inherited before they could not recruit pitching. They will have a winning record next year & will have a shot at conference title. This is a process much like you are seeing with teams at MLB level. He is learning Head Coaching on the job & now he will be able to get his type of players.
You're killin' me Smalls!!!
visualmagic
President's Circle

BACONWAVE wrote:

Put some concrete expectations out there for next season.

What part of total rebuild have you not heard me say? I KNEW they would not be regional material unless they had very good breaks. He did recruit some of this team & like I have said they will need time to get experience. Next years team will be a lot more balanced on both sides of the ball. He is already on his 2nd head recruiter & they are still recruiting very well. Hopefully as good as the team Pierce inherited before they could not recruit pitching. They will have a winning record next year & will have a shot at conference title. This is a process much like you are seeing with teams at MLB level. He is learning Head Coaching on the job & now he will be able to get his type of players.
I've heard every part, doesn't mean I agree, but I'm not even sure what that has to do with my question.

Most of his guys that are playing are JUCO guys, it's not a bunch of freshman so the experience thing doesn't really check out.

The class rankings are about on par with the classes Pierce brought in. The rankings are not very good. They're ok.