Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:39 pm 
President's Circle

The first two games in next weekend's baseball series vs. UCONN will be at Dunkin' Donuts Park. The dimensions sure do favor left-handed hitters. Check these dimensions out: LF 325' Left center 357' Center 400 Right center- 350' and RF porch of 308'

http://www.baseballparks.com/indepth/du ... nuts-park/

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:46 pm 
Regent's Circle

Yard Goats are the AA affiliate of the Rockies, so I guess they tried to build a dinger-friendly park like Coors, just without the benefit of altitude.

Still endlessly tickled by this series SPECIFICALLY being the one moved to a stadium with lights.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:09 pm 
Riptide Level

I hope that 'Spoon and a couple others wear out that short right field 'porch'.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:54 am 
President's Circle

Building that stadium was a financial disaster to an already bankrupt Hartford. It's still in the courts.

Now I have reason to go there!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:53 am 
Emerald Circle

doncecco wrote:
Building that stadium was a financial disaster to an already bankrupt Hartford. It's still in the courts.

Sadly, Hartford and the tony adjacent towns of West Hartford and Farmington hit their high points in the mid 1980s while my wife was going to UConn Law School. The law school was still in Hartford and had not yet consolidated to the Storrs campus, Hartford insurance was king, and the Whalers were the NHL franchise in the Civic Center. The insurance industry HQ construct went the way of the buggy whip and without not much else, Hartford has slowly faded further into obscurity. Nothing cataclysmic like Detroit but just benign neglect. It was an up an coming area that came and went. The Mark Twain House is nice.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:24 am 
President's Circle

Should give all our NY/New England alums a good reason to go!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:43 pm 
President's Circle

TUPF wrote:
doncecco wrote:

Sadly, Hartford and the tony adjacent towns of West Hartford and Farmington hit their high points in the mid 1980s while my wife was going to UConn Law School. The law school was still in Hartford and had not yet consolidated to the Storrs campus, Hartford insurance was king, and the Whalers were the NHL franchise in the Civic Center. The insurance industry HQ construct went the way of the buggy whip and without not much else, Hartford has slowly faded further into obscurity. Nothing cataclysmic like Detroit but just benign neglect. It was an up an coming area that came and went. The Mark Twain House is nice.

West Hartford still doing nicely, but Hartford is in many ways as bad as NOLA, without the bright cultural parts.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:52 pm 
Emerald Circle

doncecco wrote:
TUPF wrote:
doncecco wrote:

West Hartford still doing nicely, but Hartford is in many ways as bad as NOLA, without the bright cultural parts.

And snow