Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:11 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:48 am 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:20 pm
Posts: 20639
Location: North Kenner
Made the list of early entrants for the draft. First I've heard of this. The following document says he submitted his request. (He's the 6th name on pg 4)

http://pr.nba.com/wp-content/uploads/si ... idates.pdf

_________________
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:58 am 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:13 pm
Posts: 19156
Location: Chicago
Just going for the experience and extra work IMO.

_________________
Using big words is not a personal attack


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:31 am 
Offline
President's Circle

Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:18 pm
Posts: 4199
windywave wrote:
Just going for the experience and extra work IMO.


It's actually a good idea to get the extra work in and play against good competition. I won't start a post about would you draft him. I'll assume nobody here thinks he should be drafted. Heck, there are people here who don't think he should be starting at Tulane.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:40 am 
Offline
Coach Level
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 12:09 pm
Posts: 1644
"Players wishing to enter the 2018 NBA Draft were required to submit a letter to the NBA to be received no later than Sunday, April 22. Players who have applied for early entry have the right to withdraw their names from consideration for the Draft by notifying the NBA of their decision in writing no later than 5 p.m. ET on Monday, June 11. Under NCAA rules, in order to retain college basketball eligibility, underclassmen who have entered the 2018 Draft must withdraw by Wednesday, May 30."

I wonder by when upperclassmen must withdraw to retain their eligibility.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:21 am 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:53 am
Posts: 19918
Location: New Orleans
Embo would have to be crazy to leave school and enter the Draft. I can imagine him playing overseas one day, but the NBA? No way.

_________________
After a while, the residents of the sea do not hear the sound of the waves.
How bitter it is, the story of routine- Arabic (Anon)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:24 am 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:20 pm
Posts: 20639
Location: North Kenner
LondonWave wrote:
"Players wishing to enter the 2018 NBA Draft were required to submit a letter to the NBA to be received no later than Sunday, April 22. Players who have applied for early entry have the right to withdraw their names from consideration for the Draft by notifying the NBA of their decision in writing no later than 5 p.m. ET on Monday, June 11. Under NCAA rules, in order to retain college basketball eligibility, underclassmen who have entered the 2018 Draft must withdraw by Wednesday, May 30."

I wonder by when upperclassmen must withdraw to retain their eligibility.

From the way that's written it sounds like the NBA allows until June 11th but the NCAA requires a decision by May 30th if they want to return to school.

_________________
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:16 am 
Offline
Coach Level
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 12:09 pm
Posts: 1644
waverider wrote:
LondonWave wrote:
"Players wishing to enter the 2018 NBA Draft were required to submit a letter to the NBA to be received no later than Sunday, April 22. Players who have applied for early entry have the right to withdraw their names from consideration for the Draft by notifying the NBA of their decision in writing no later than 5 p.m. ET on Monday, June 11. Under NCAA rules, in order to retain college basketball eligibility, underclassmen who have entered the 2018 Draft must withdraw by Wednesday, May 30."

I wonder by when upperclassmen must withdraw to retain their eligibility.

From the way that's written it sounds like the NBA allows until June 11th but the NCAA requires a decision by May 30th if they want to return to school.


It says May 30th for underclassmen, but what about upperclassmen? I assume they specified underclassmen for a reason.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:37 pm 
Offline
President's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 7:33 pm
Posts: 3413
Location: Marietta, GA
Great opportunity for Slater and any other PG that may come our way. We'll see what happens with ROE.

_________________
Plan your work, work your plan.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:59 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:53 am
Posts: 19918
Location: New Orleans
I think Slater is transferring somewhere

_________________
After a while, the residents of the sea do not hear the sound of the waves.
How bitter it is, the story of routine- Arabic (Anon)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:27 pm 
Offline
President's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:18 am
Posts: 3888
Location: Wichita
LondonWave wrote:
waverider wrote:
LondonWave wrote:
"Players wishing to enter the 2018 NBA Draft were required to submit a letter to the NBA to be received no later than Sunday, April 22. Players who have applied for early entry have the right to withdraw their names from consideration for the Draft by notifying the NBA of their decision in writing no later than 5 p.m. ET on Monday, June 11. Under NCAA rules, in order to retain college basketball eligibility, underclassmen who have entered the 2018 Draft must withdraw by Wednesday, May 30."

I wonder by when upperclassmen must withdraw to retain their eligibility.

From the way that's written it sounds like the NBA allows until June 11th but the NCAA requires a decision by May 30th if they want to return to school.


It says May 30th for underclassmen, but what about upperclassmen? I assume they specified underclassmen for a reason.

I'm pretty sure it just means "not seniors"

_________________
#stopbunting
#nomorekicking


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:55 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle

Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:19 pm
Posts: 9675
NJwave wrote:
windywave wrote:
Just going for the experience and extra work IMO.


It's actually a good idea to get the extra work in and play against good competition. I won't start a post about would you draft him. I'll assume nobody here thinks he should be drafted. Heck, there are people here who don't think he should be starting at Tulane.

Plus the feedback from scouts/coaches/etc.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:19 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:20 pm
Posts: 20639
Location: North Kenner
LondonWave wrote:
waverider wrote:
LondonWave wrote:
"Players wishing to enter the 2018 NBA Draft were required to submit a letter to the NBA to be received no later than Sunday, April 22. Players who have applied for early entry have the right to withdraw their names from consideration for the Draft by notifying the NBA of their decision in writing no later than 5 p.m. ET on Monday, June 11. Under NCAA rules, in order to retain college basketball eligibility, underclassmen who have entered the 2018 Draft must withdraw by Wednesday, May 30."

I wonder by when upperclassmen must withdraw to retain their eligibility.

From the way that's written it sounds like the NBA allows until June 11th but the NCAA requires a decision by May 30th if they want to return to school.


It says May 30th for underclassmen, but what about upperclassmen? I assume they specified underclassmen for a reason.
The upperclassmen graduate or have used their eligibility.

_________________
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 3:26 pm 
Offline
President's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:42 pm
Posts: 2922
Location: New Orleans
Melvin Frazier said -- to ESPN on Wednesday -- he's hiring an agent; so any tiny hope he'd return to Tulane for his senior year has evaporated.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 4:14 pm 
Offline
President's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:18 am
Posts: 3888
Location: Wichita
randymc wrote:
Melvin Frazier said -- to ESPN on Wednesday -- he's hiring an agent; so any tiny hope he'd return to Tulane for his senior year has evaporated.

Good for him. And now we know. Let's get someone in here to replace him!

_________________
#stopbunting
#nomorekicking


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 7:20 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:20 pm
Posts: 20639
Location: North Kenner
gerryb323 wrote:
randymc wrote:
Melvin Frazier said -- to ESPN on Wednesday -- he's hiring an agent; so any tiny hope he'd return to Tulane for his senior year has evaporated.

Good for him. And now we know. Let's get someone in here to replace him!

There are some positives, recruiting wise, from him going pro as well.

_________________
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group