Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:11 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:48 am 
Emerald Circle

Made the list of early entrants for the draft. First I've heard of this. The following document says he submitted his request. (He's the 6th name on pg 4)

http://pr.nba.com/wp-content/uploads/si ... idates.pdf

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:58 am 
Emerald Circle

Just going for the experience and extra work IMO.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:31 am 
President's Circle

windywave wrote:

It's actually a good idea to get the extra work in and play against good competition. I won't start a post about would you draft him. I'll assume nobody here thinks he should be drafted. Heck, there are people here who don't think he should be starting at Tulane.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:40 am 
Coach Level

"Players wishing to enter the 2018 NBA Draft were required to submit a letter to the NBA to be received no later than Sunday, April 22. Players who have applied for early entry have the right to withdraw their names from consideration for the Draft by notifying the NBA of their decision in writing no later than 5 p.m. ET on Monday, June 11. Under NCAA rules, in order to retain college basketball eligibility, underclassmen who have entered the 2018 Draft must withdraw by Wednesday, May 30."

I wonder by when upperclassmen must withdraw to retain their eligibility.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:21 am 
Emerald Circle

Embo would have to be crazy to leave school and enter the Draft. I can imagine him playing overseas one day, but the NBA? No way.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:24 am 
Emerald Circle

LondonWave wrote:
"Players wishing to enter the 2018 NBA Draft were required to submit a letter to the NBA to be received no later than Sunday, April 22. Players who have applied for early entry have the right to withdraw their names from consideration for the Draft by notifying the NBA of their decision in writing no later than 5 p.m. ET on Monday, June 11. Under NCAA rules, in order to retain college basketball eligibility, underclassmen who have entered the 2018 Draft must withdraw by Wednesday, May 30."

From the way that's written it sounds like the NBA allows until June 11th but the NCAA requires a decision by May 30th if they want to return to school.

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:16 am 
Coach Level

waverider wrote:
LondonWave wrote:

From the way that's written it sounds like the NBA allows until June 11th but the NCAA requires a decision by May 30th if they want to return to school.

It says May 30th for underclassmen, but what about upperclassmen? I assume they specified underclassmen for a reason.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:37 pm 
President's Circle

Great opportunity for Slater and any other PG that may come our way. We'll see what happens with ROE.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:59 pm 
Emerald Circle

I think Slater is transferring somewhere

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:27 pm 
President's Circle

LondonWave wrote:
waverider wrote:
LondonWave wrote:

It says May 30th for underclassmen, but what about upperclassmen? I assume they specified underclassmen for a reason.

I'm pretty sure it just means "not seniors"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:55 pm 
Regent's Circle

NJwave wrote:
windywave wrote:

It's actually a good idea to get the extra work in and play against good competition. I won't start a post about would you draft him. I'll assume nobody here thinks he should be drafted. Heck, there are people here who don't think he should be starting at Tulane.

Plus the feedback from scouts/coaches/etc.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:19 pm 
Emerald Circle

LondonWave wrote:
waverider wrote:
LondonWave wrote:

The upperclassmen graduate or have used their eligibility.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 3:26 pm 
President's Circle

Melvin Frazier said -- to ESPN on Wednesday -- he's hiring an agent; so any tiny hope he'd return to Tulane for his senior year has evaporated.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 4:14 pm 
President's Circle

randymc wrote:
Melvin Frazier said -- to ESPN on Wednesday -- he's hiring an agent; so any tiny hope he'd return to Tulane for his senior year has evaporated.

Good for him. And now we know. Let's get someone in here to replace him!

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 7:20 pm 
Emerald Circle

gerryb323 wrote:
randymc wrote:

Good for him. And now we know. Let's get someone in here to replace him!

There are some positives, recruiting wise, from him going pro as well.