Did we lose more than a baseball game on Thursday?

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Re: Did we lose more than a baseball game on Thursday?

Post by PeteRasche »

visualmagic wrote:According to a Saints message board poster, Graff said on Facebook that he’s no longer being considered for the Saints radio gig.
Graff made a long, heartfelt (and very classy... of course) post confirming he is not in the Saints running any longer and will be back with the Wave. I'd repost it here but I suspect he might want to post it here himself so I'll give him time to do so (and perhaps others should do the same). But, yes, it is confirmed.
AO Sig
Regent's Circle

Post by AO Sig »

Mixed emotions galore. I certainly think that Graff would have made an incredible voice of the Saints. I cannot imagine anyone who is more aware of the psyche of the New Orleans Saint fans that can be found in the booth. At the same time, I also cannot imagine anyone better for Tulane. Being the voice of an NFL team is a job that most sportscasters could never dream of having; however, once Tulane starts to get to the top bowl games again, this will be a great job as well.
What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?
GreenHeart
Riptide Level

Post by GreenHeart »

AO Sig wrote:Mixed emotions galore. I certainly think that Graff would have made an incredible voice of the Saints. I cannot imagine anyone who is more aware of the psyche of the New Orleans Saint fans that can be found in the booth. At the same time, I also cannot imagine anyone better for Tulane. Being the voice of an NFL team is a job that most sportscasters could never dream of having; however, once Tulane starts to get to the top bowl games again, this will be a great job as well.
I agree with every word. Disappointed for Graf but happy to have someone of his talent and character as the voice of Tulane Sports.
GretnaGrn
Regent's Circle

Post by GretnaGrn »

GreenHeart wrote:
AO Sig wrote:Mixed emotions galore. I certainly think that Graff would have made an incredible voice of the Saints. I cannot imagine anyone who is more aware of the psyche of the New Orleans Saint fans that can be found in the booth. At the same time, I also cannot imagine anyone better for Tulane. Being the voice of an NFL team is a job that most sportscasters could never dream of having; however, once Tulane starts to get to the top bowl games again, this will be a great job as well.
I agree with every word. Disappointed for Graf but happy to have someone of his talent and character as the voice of Tulane Sports.
+2
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

Sounds like Zach Strief is the guy
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Post by OGSB »

gerryb323 wrote:Sounds like Zach Strief is the guy
It’s official
Victory is never permanent
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

Might as well change the subject for a few moments. I listened to Strief and Deuce yesterday for the first time. That may be the worst radio team I've ever heard for any sport at any time at any level. (I'm including 15 year olds calling high school games on a rural radio station.) I'm not exaggerating with how incompetent these two were.

I'm just curious if I caught them on a bad day or what.

They made the Tulane (and the Pels and LSU and Trahan/Daniels and everyone else in town) broadcast team sound like Hall of Famers. I was rooting for TG to get the job because he was qualified and I knew it would provide a much more visible platform for him with a substantial boost in pay.

I'm now really rooting for TG because the current duo is so bad and they weren't really helped by the accompanying auxiliary of helpers either. This may be a one year gig for the current team.

I guess Henderson was so much of a pro he could carry Deuce through broadcasts. Strief simply does not have experience nor competence to handle PBP much less help make Deuce effective.

Meanwhile I'll just start listening to telecast teams and if I'm desperate the opposing team's broadcast crew via internet.
sprout1550
Coach Level

Post by sprout1550 »

I didn't listen, but my buddy came over after he returned from a road trip and I asked if he heard the game. He launched in to a tirade about what a horrible broadcast it was....
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

sprout1550 wrote:I didn't listen, but my buddy came over after he returned from a road trip and I asked if he heard the game. He launched in to a tirade about what a horrible broadcast it was....
I got news for you all.. Henderson was terrible... I had to listen last year to a half while on the way to my hockey game.. Henderson never gave down or distance... was incredibly vague over what was happening on a play and pretty much just rambled.. Deuce was even worse. If not for the crowd noise in the stadium, I had no idea if anything good or bad happened.
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest