Tulane vs Ohio State

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
greenaub
President's Circle

Tulane vs Ohio State

Post by greenaub »

Just bought four first class tickets to Columbus OH!! All three boys and I will be cheering the Green Wave on at the shoe...Roll D@mn Wave! :jerry:
"Life is not fair, life can be very hard...but life is good"
windywave
Emerald Circle

Re: Tulane vs Ohio State

Post by windywave »

greenaub wrote:Just bought four first class tickets:
Nice back door brag
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

Since I am cheap, I have never actually paid for domestic first class airline tickets. I was fortunate to have worked for companies that always paid for the outrageously expensive overseas business class tickets and sometimes domestic first class was thrown in as part of the ticket—say if I flew from the East Coast to Australia. Otherwise, I’ve never seen the cost-benefit to pay for a domestic first class ticket but gladly accepted upgrades when I was double executive platinum peel your grapes status.

I do miss that uber pampering on a long haul Airbus A340 business class though. The Turkish Air business lounge in Istanbul was particularly impressive and those old Singapore Air BigTop 747s to Singapore were wonderful. I never had the reason to fly the one they say is tops: Emirates. But now that I am retired it’s not going to happen. I’m cheap.
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

just learned this week my potential hosts in Columbus will be in Pebble Beach that weekend.. I am now listed as "questionable" on the injury report.. might have to be a game time decision
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

Johnny Mac wrote:just learned this week my potential hosts in Columbus will be in Pebble Beach that weekend.. I am now listed as "questionable" on the injury report.. might have to be a game time decision
You know they'll be gone, just break in
#cousins don't count
Roller
Cornerstone

Post by Roller »

TUPF wrote:Since I am cheap, I have never actually paid for domestic first class airline tickets. I was fortunate to have worked for companies that always paid for the outrageously expensive overseas business class tickets and sometimes domestic first class was thrown in as part of the ticket—say if I flew from the East Coast to Australia. Otherwise, I’ve never seen the cost-benefit to pay for a domestic first class ticket but gladly accepted upgrades when I was double executive platinum peel your grapes status.

I do miss that uber pampering on a long haul Airbus A340 business class though. The Turkish Air business lounge in Istanbul was particularly impressive and those old Singapore Air BigTop 747s to Singapore were wonderful. I never had the reason to fly the one they say is tops: Emirates. But now that I am retired it’s not going to happen. I’m cheap.
Just figure out the hourly rate equivalent of your retirement income and multiply that by the duration of your flight. :-D

;-)
Roller
Cornerstone

Post by Roller »

Johnny Mac wrote:just learned this week my potential hosts in Columbus will be in Pebble Beach that weekend.. I am now listed as "questionable" on the injury report.. might have to be a game time decision
Convince your "potential hosts" that they need a house-sitter while they're gone, and that you know a very dependable (?) one who'll do it for free.
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

windywave wrote:
So we're all invited to stay at their house?
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

gerryb323 wrote:
windywave wrote:
So we're all invited to stay at their house?
If we all crash there I'm going streaking
#cousins don't count
AO Sig
Regent's Circle

Post by AO Sig »

I might have a commitment that weekend; have to be in Washington DC that weekend.

If so, planning for the UAB game the weekend before.
What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?
Yankeewave
Emerald Circle

Post by Yankeewave »

i am hoping to go to the game.
NJwave
Regent's Circle

Post by NJwave »

AO Sig wrote:I might have a commitment that weekend; have to be in Washington DC that weekend.

Committment and DC do not go together.
AO Sig
Regent's Circle

Post by AO Sig »

I am on the Government Affairs committee of my medical organization; we have a day-long meeting, followed by two days of capitol hill meetings. Two visits a year for meetings on health care issues; doing it for my patients.

Believe me, I have a colleague on faculty at OSU that has offered me a place to stay (former ACR presidents don't have to do the advocacy visits any more). Not sure I can arrange it...
What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?
Tulane49
Navigator Level

Post by Tulane49 »

The Greenbackers have about 30 members making the trip
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

Anyone have any idea of a ballpark of when we'd expect tickets to come available for the game, especially for non-season ticket holders? If anyone sees such announcements, please, PLEASE post here so those interested can purchase immediately. I expect we'll get plenty of alerts, but it sounds like a lot of YOGWFers want to go and I'd hate for folks to not get tickets.

(yes, speaking selfishly, but also hoping to meet those of you from other far-flung places)
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

PeteRasche wrote:Anyone have any idea of a ballpark of when we'd expect tickets to come available for the game, especially for non-season ticket holders? If anyone sees such announcements, please, PLEASE post here so those interested can purchase immediately. I expect we'll get plenty of alerts, but it sounds like a lot of YOGWFers want to go and I'd hate for folks to not get tickets.

(yes, speaking selfishly, but also hoping to meet those of you from other far-flung places)
Last year, the Oklahoma tickets didn't go up for sale until like a week before the game. I had spoken to them several times leading up to that and they assured me there would be plenty. The thing is, in those huge stadiums, they can allot like 5000 tickets to The visitor easily, and we won't use all of those.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

gerryb323 wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:Anyone have any idea of a ballpark of when we'd expect tickets to come available for the game, especially for non-season ticket holders? If anyone sees such announcements, please, PLEASE post here so those interested can purchase immediately. I expect we'll get plenty of alerts, but it sounds like a lot of YOGWFers want to go and I'd hate for folks to not get tickets.

Last year, the Oklahoma tickets didn't go up for sale until like a week before the game. I had spoken to them several times leading up to that and they assured me there would be plenty. The thing is, in those huge stadiums, they can allot like 5000 tickets to The visitor easily, and we won't use all of those.
Thanks.

I've been told by OSU fans around here that there will be plenty of scalp tickets available "for an opponent like Tulane", but I'd rather be sitting in our section.
tumbuuh
Navigator Level

Post by tumbuuh »

AO Sig wrote:I might have a commitment that weekend; have to be in Washington DC that weekend.

The band will be at the UAB game this year, so not a bad choice.
We praise thee for thy future, Alma Mater;
The vista of its glory gleameth far.
We shall ever be part of thee, great Mother;
Thou wilt be where e'er thy children are.
sr
Regent's Circle

Post by sr »

Here you are -
http://tulanegreenwave.com/news/2018/5/ ... lable.aspx
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

sr wrote:

Here you are -
Well, that was weird coincidental timing, that I asked today and they released them today...

I've sent off a bevy of emails, texts, and messages to old friends to see who is coming and hopefully order a block of tickets. I'm curious how the "priority based on points" (since I gotta be low on that list) will work if I order like 30 or 40 tickets.
BC Wave
Emerald Circle

Post by BC Wave »

Here’s an idea for those with time on their hands, like me:

Go to the UAB game, spend a few days in the Appalachains, get to Columbus by Thursday , seethe Ohio St. Game.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

In case anyone is wondering, Birmingham to Columbus is about a 9 to 10 hour drive if you are only stopping for gas and restrooms. But you'd have a week to do it. :-D

Literally, if the UAB game were anywhere other than butted up against Ohio State, I'd be at both. But I can't do the drive to Birmingham one weekend (even with the free lodging I'd have) and then the insanity that will be the Ohio State game (likely hosting old friends at our house) the following week.

P. S. Both cities are served by Southwest Airlines...
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

PeteRasche wrote:
sr wrote:

Here you are -
Well, that was weird coincidental timing, that I asked today and they released them today...

I've sent off a bevy of emails, texts, and messages to old friends to see who is coming and hopefully order a block of tickets. I'm curious how the "priority based on points" (since I gotta be low on that list) will work if I order like 30 or 40 tickets.
It's also weird considering the timing of OU last year. But, good, I guess!
MNAlum
Coach Level

Post by MNAlum »

Just bought 4 tickets to the Horseshoe! Looking forward to seeing many of you there! Roll Wave!!!
greenaub
President's Circle

Post by greenaub »

Look forward to seeing yall there!!
"Life is not fair, life can be very hard...but life is good"