Tulane vs Ohio State

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Re: Tulane vs Ohio State

Unread post by ml wave »

TUPF wrote:Ok, I’ll say it. Have his supporters broken out the Witch Hunt memes yet?
Not a meme, but you can just check up higher in this very thread...
windywave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by windywave »

Johnny Mac wrote:we didn't fare too well against a third ranked team being coached by a newly hired replacement for a head coach who left suddenly... but we're better this year! (I hope!)

Meyer is done... his wife alone is facing Title IX charges for doing nothing.. she's on staff at Ohio State.. I wouldn't be surprised to see Meyer take the fall to prevent his wife from facing the music for her failure to act
Title IX still doesn't apply
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
GretnaGrn
Regent's Circle

Unread post by GretnaGrn »

DrHullabaloo wrote:
1401973 wrote:Myers should get out of the game and stay out. He's scum. I play golf with a guy who was in the Utah sports dept when Myers was there. He would do anything to get anybody there. He ran a prison at Florida. He represents what is wrong with college football.
Briles and Freeze are permanently gone. The game is better without those two and the same for Mr Myers.
Human beings are so interesting.

ESPN just announced that Art Briles is moving to Italy to coach an American Football team there. That is probably the start of his rehabilitation of his career.

Ohio State has issues that go beyond Urban Myers imo. Whatever sins Myers has are just a symptom of whatever problems Ohio State has in running a program and keeping a check on things.
I believe the exact term you're looking for is "lack of institutional control." SMU is familiar with it (not that the NCAA would have the guts to do that again)....
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Unread post by PeteRasche »

windywave wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:we didn't fare too well against a third ranked team being coached by a newly hired replacement for a head coach who left suddenly... but we're better this year! (I hope!)

Meyer is done... his wife alone is facing Title IX charges for doing nothing.. she's on staff at Ohio State.. I wouldn't be surprised to see Meyer take the fall to prevent his wife from facing the music for her failure to act
The only thing Title IX has to do with this is that's who he reports transgressions to. Take off your anti-Title IX bias glasses a minute and you'll see this has nothing to do with being a Title IX violation issue. You are the only one making it so.
windywave
Emerald Circle

PeteRasche wrote:
windywave wrote:

The only thing Title IX has to do with this is that's who he reports transgressions to. Take off your anti-Title IX bias glasses a minute and you'll see this has nothing to do with being a Title IX violation issue. You are the only one making it so.
Hr said his wife is facing Title IX charges.
#cousins don't count
waverider
Cornerstone

Unread post by waverider »

Y’all realize this just sets Meyer up to be lsu’s next coach to take them to the top. :|
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Unread post by Johnny Mac »

PeteRasche wrote:
windywave wrote:

http://radio.wosu.org/post/title-ix-pos ... l#stream/0

also: "Ohio State's sexual misconduct policy otherwise requires all faculty members, or to report sexual misconduct, including domestic violence, when it involves staff or students. Under the policy reports must be made within five days."
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Unread post by gerryb323 »

Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
Poseidon
Regent's Circle

Unread post by Poseidon »

gerryb323 wrote:The headline is gold: https://deadspin.com/brain-worms-drive- ... 1828147363
14k, this article is so woke.
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM
Honorable mention - Navy
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

They showed those morons on the local news this morning. Thankfully, they led off the segment with some Cleveland sports talk guy on air saying "maybe, just maybe, you ought to see whether he's actually innocent before you go screaming that you love him and he's being wrongly accused" (or something to that effect)... in other words, the news wasn't trying to promote or defend these idiots either.

I mean, look no further than the school OSU plays a week after us for examples of why you don't have rallies to defend a beloved coach before you find out the whole story...
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Bumping since page two has the tailgate link and wondering who is already signed up. 94 people registered for the tailgate so far, but some here who claim they are going are not signed up yet...
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Unread post by WaveProf »

PeteRasche wrote:Bumping since page two has the tailgate link and wondering who is already signed up. 94 people registered for the tailgate so far, but some here who claim they are going are not signed up yet...
There are a fair number of people who don't go the tailgates :idea: :idea:

Using myself as an example, I've gone to the tailgate at away games for games I want to see people at, but even more often I don't go to the tailgate because I want to fly under the radar and enjoy the game, not talk to other Tulane people. Other people have other reasons for skipping the official tailgate (money, want to do their own tailgate, have other plans in town besides just the football game, etc)
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
windywave
Emerald Circle

WaveProf wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:Bumping since page two has the tailgate link and wondering who is already signed up. 94 people registered for the tailgate so far, but some here who claim they are going are not signed up yet...
There are a fair number of people who don't go the tailgates :idea: :idea:

Using myself as an example, I've gone to the tailgate at away games for games I want to see people at, but even more often I don't go to the tailgate because I want to fly under the radar and enjoy the game, not talk to other Tulane people. Other people have other reasons for skipping the official tailgate (money, want to do their own tailgate, have other plans in town besides just the football game, etc)
Also there are people who don't sign up and then crash it because they feel entitled since "they support the team in other ways."
#cousins don't count
WaveProf
Cornerstone

windywave wrote:

Also there are people who don't sign up and then crash it because they feel entitled since "they support the team in other ways."
Serious question. Have you actually seen/heard about people doing that?!?! That's nuts.
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Unread post by TUPF »

When I go to away games I always sign up and pay for the Tulane tailgate. Usually one of the first to arrive. I love talking to other Tulanians without having to explain why I’m there, where Tulane is, whether we just partied all our undergrad years, etc. I love talking to the university folks in attendance. That way when we are in the stands I have already made acquaintances to do high fives with when we score. To me it’s all part of the experience in far flung places!
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
windywave
Emerald Circle

WaveProf wrote:
windywave wrote:

Serious question. Have you actually seen/heard about people doing that?!?! That's nuts.
How long were you gone? Let me find the post
#cousins don't count
WaveProf
Cornerstone

TUPF wrote:When I go to away games I always sign up and pay for the Tulane tailgate. Usually one of the first to arrive. I love talking to other Tulanians without having to explain why I’m there, where Tulane is, whether we just partied all our undergrad years, etc. I love talking to the university folks in attendance. That way when we are in the stands I have already made acquaintances to do high fives with when we score. To me it’s all part of the experience in far flung places!
Feel free to stop by our tailgate this homecoming if you have the time and take the notion. Yours was still one of my all time fave yogwf stop-bys, years ago when we were still at the Dome.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

WaveProf wrote:
TUPF wrote:When I go to away games I always sign up and pay for the Tulane tailgate. Usually one of the first to arrive. I love talking to other Tulanians without having to explain why I’m there, where Tulane is, whether we just partied all our undergrad years, etc. I love talking to the university folks in attendance. That way when we are in the stands I have already made acquaintances to do high fives with when we score. To me it’s all part of the experience in far flung places!
Feel free to stop by our tailgate this homecoming if you have the time and take the notion. Yours was still one of my all time fave yogwf stop-bys, years ago when we were still at the Dome.
Well, I'm offended. I sent you frigging chili mix. :lol:

(j/k, I hope you realize)
WaveProf
Cornerstone

PeteRasche wrote: Well, I'm offended. I sent you frigging chili mix. :lol:

You are on the short list too Pete, honest and truly.

And yes I knew you were joking :)

PS: First time Pete's ever probably been on a "short" list :coolshades:
windywave
Emerald Circle

WaveProf wrote:
windywave wrote:

We did not "register" for the tailgate, but plan to crash the party. $45 per person (so $90 for Coach Hullabaloo and I) is steep for what usually turns out to be burgers and beer. 

Whatever, I support the program in a whole lot of ways financially and also with my time which I'm not going to enumerate
#cousins don't count
GretnaGrn
Regent's Circle

WaveProf wrote:

True story; he wasn't even the tallest guy on his intramural basketball team in law school....
windywave
Emerald Circle

GretnaGrn wrote:
WaveProf wrote:

True story; he wasn't even the tallest guy on his intramural basketball team in law school....
So our intramural team could have beaten our varsity?
#cousins don't count
GretnaGrn
Regent's Circle

windywave wrote:
GretnaGrn wrote:
WaveProf wrote:

So our intramural team could have beaten our varsity?
Their intramural (within the law school league) WAS the varsity from a year or two prior.....
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Unread post by TUPF »

WaveProf wrote:
Thanks! Dance card is getting full, what with the alumni tent, academic tents, and the NROTC guys, my cup is full. To paraphrase Flounder...”Boy, this is (gonna be) great!”
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Unread post by Baywave1 »

windywave wrote:
WaveProf wrote:
windywave wrote:

We did not "register" for the tailgate, but plan to crash the party. $45 per person (so $90 for Coach Hullabaloo and I) is steep for what usually turns out to be burgers and beer. 

Whatever, I support the program in a whole lot of ways financially and also with my time which I'm not going to enumerate

GIve that feedback to Alum Assoc. My guess is they bump up the price to cover the "comped" folks. To be fair too, you would be astounded how much megaschools charge for prime space catering (which they require visiting schools to use for their alum tailgate events.) Including seat licensing, I bet OSU is selling many season tickets for high three or four figures and five figues for suites. Charging Tulane $8 or whatever for a beer is just chump change and "Welcome to Our Club. After all we're paying you $1.75 million to show up so what's your beef (or beer or whatever?)"

Recognizing all that perhaps better answer is to find a local alum's business to sponsor/subsidize the tailgate in exchange for signage. Pete, Isn't your law frim looking for some litigant referrals? Cheaper than a billboard. (Just kidding. :mrgreen: )