Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:05 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 12:08 pm 
Offline
President's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:42 pm
Posts: 2949
Location: New Orleans
teams in this year's NCAA tourney.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 3:19 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:54 pm
Posts: 6792
Location: Dripping Springs
Here are the brackets if anyone is interested …

https://www.ncaa.com/interactive-bracket/baseball/d1


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 3:28 pm 
Offline
Cornerstone
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2004 8:24 am
Posts: 30012
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Hey, look, a private school, Stetson, hosting a regional.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 3:38 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:45 pm
Posts: 5672
Location: Omnipresent
FW wrote:
Hey, look, a private school, Stetson, hosting a regional.

They had to be damn near perfect to get a look as a small conference school and they were. Staff ERA of 2.58 best in the NCAA. Them Hatters can really twirl it.

_________________
Banks was in.
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 5:30 pm 
Offline
President's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:42 pm
Posts: 2949
Location: New Orleans
Stetson beat the Wave two out of 3 last year.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 5:36 pm 
Offline
Cornerstone
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2004 8:24 am
Posts: 30012
Location: Chattanooga, TN
I'm trying to make a subtle point here, fellas.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 5:42 pm 
Online
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:13 pm
Posts: 19809
Location: Chicago
FW wrote:
I'm trying to make a subtle point here, fellas.


That Stetson is cheaper than Tulane?

_________________
Using big words is not a personal attack


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 5:51 pm 
Offline
President's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:42 pm
Posts: 2949
Location: New Orleans
that private schools can succeed


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 6:02 pm 
Offline
Cornerstone
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2004 8:24 am
Posts: 30012
Location: Chattanooga, TN
windywave wrote:
FW wrote:
I'm trying to make a subtle point here, fellas.


That Stetson is cheaper than Tulane?


Tulane is 70K with room and board. Stetson is 60K. I'm sure parents across Florida are lining up to send their kids there for that steal.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 6:06 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle

Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2004 5:42 am
Posts: 7609
Location: Kingsport, Tennessee
FW wrote:
windywave wrote:
FW wrote:
I'm trying to make a subtle point here, fellas.


That Stetson is cheaper than Tulane?


Tulane is 70K with room and board. Stetson is 60K. I'm sure parents across Florida are lining up to send their kids there for that steal.


My daughter is Central Florida bound, got an in-state waiver (its tuition is cheaper than U. of Tennessee's in-state, and lots of its other stuff is cheaper as well). She chose not to apply to Tulane because she said it was "too expensive," and she figured my income would result in us paying full price. Also ticked her off that there is no "legacy" waiver; since her grandfather, father, three cousins and a great aunt all graduated, it would be nice if Tulane ( who always has their hand out for donations) would acknowledge alumni somehow... That was her opinion.

_________________
What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 6:09 pm 
Offline
Cornerstone
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2004 8:24 am
Posts: 30012
Location: Chattanooga, TN
AO Sig wrote:
FW wrote:
windywave wrote:
FW wrote:
I'm trying to make a subtle point here, fellas.


That Stetson is cheaper than Tulane?


Tulane is 70K with room and board. Stetson is 60K. I'm sure parents across Florida are lining up to send their kids there for that steal.


My daughter is Central Florida bound, got an in-state waiver (its tuition is cheaper than U. of Tennessee's in-state, and lots of its other stuff is cheaper as well). She chose not to apply to Tulane because she said it was "too expensive," and she figured my income would result in us paying full price. Also ticked her off that there is no "legacy" waiver; since her grandfather, father, three cousins and a great aunt all graduated, it would be nice if Tulane ( who always has their hand out for donations) would acknowledge alumni somehow... That was her opinion.


UCF? That campus is insane. I was there for a campus in February. My kids will get in-state in TN and GA, so I'm hoping they're good at math and go to GT, because we won't be able to afford Tulane unless we get major help.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 6:27 pm 
Offline
Coach Level

Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:26 pm
Posts: 2364
AO Sig wrote:
FW wrote:
windywave wrote:
FW wrote:
I'm trying to make a subtle point here, fellas.


That Stetson is cheaper than Tulane?


Tulane is 70K with room and board. Stetson is 60K. I'm sure parents across Florida are lining up to send their kids there for that steal.


My daughter is Central Florida bound, got an in-state waiver (its tuition is cheaper than U. of Tennessee's in-state, and lots of its other stuff is cheaper as well). She chose not to apply to Tulane because she said it was "too expensive," and she figured my income would result in us paying full price. Also ticked her off that there is no "legacy" waiver; since her grandfather, father, three cousins and a great aunt all graduated, it would be nice if Tulane ( who always has their hand out for donations) would acknowledge alumni somehow... That was her opinion.


Subtle brag.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 6:32 pm 
Online
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:13 pm
Posts: 19809
Location: Chicago
visualmagic wrote:
AO Sig wrote:
FW wrote:
windywave wrote:
FW wrote:
I'm trying to make a subtle point here, fellas.


That Stetson is cheaper than Tulane?


Tulane is 70K with room and board. Stetson is 60K. I'm sure parents across Florida are lining up to send their kids there for that steal.


My daughter is Central Florida bound, got an in-state waiver (its tuition is cheaper than U. of Tennessee's in-state, and lots of its other stuff is cheaper as well). She chose not to apply to Tulane because she said it was "too expensive," and she figured my income would result in us paying full price. Also ticked her off that there is no "legacy" waiver; since her grandfather, father, three cousins and a great aunt all graduated, it would be nice if Tulane ( who always has their hand out for donations) would acknowledge alumni somehow... That was her opinion.


Subtle brag.


First off it's called a backdoor brag. Second if you knew his profession you'd know it's a statement of fact.

_________________
Using big words is not a personal attack


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 7:58 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle

Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:57 pm
Posts: 10514
Location: Chicago
The NCAA put the best SEC teams on one side of the bracket. don't want another all SEC final.

LSU got sent out to OSU :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 8:21 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle

Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2004 5:42 am
Posts: 7609
Location: Kingsport, Tennessee
windywave wrote:
visualmagic wrote:
AO Sig wrote:
FW wrote:
windywave wrote:
FW wrote:
I'm trying to make a subtle point here, fellas.


That Stetson is cheaper than Tulane?


Tulane is 70K with room and board. Stetson is 60K. I'm sure parents across Florida are lining up to send their kids there for that steal.


My daughter is Central Florida bound, got an in-state waiver (its tuition is cheaper than U. of Tennessee's in-state, and lots of its other stuff is cheaper as well). She chose not to apply to Tulane because she said it was "too expensive," and she figured my income would result in us paying full price. Also ticked her off that there is no "legacy" waiver; since her grandfather, father, three cousins and a great aunt all graduated, it would be nice if Tulane ( who always has their hand out for donations) would acknowledge alumni somehow... That was her opinion.


Subtle brag.


First off it's called a backdoor brag. Second if you knew his profession you'd know it's a statement of fact.


Thanks for the back up.

I did not mean it as a boast or brag. As an aside I have spent at least $40K a year for the last 18 years on physical, speech and occupational therapy for my son (who just graduated from high school two days ago, will be taking classes at the local community college and marching with ETSU's football band this fall). Those expenses don't show up when Tulane looks at aid/scholarships/etc, only what I earn. My income also kept me from having any coverage for such care by other resources.

_________________
What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 8:40 pm 
Offline
Coach Level

Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:26 pm
Posts: 2364
It’s a joke. Y’all should lighten up


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 11:32 pm 
Online
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:13 pm
Posts: 19809
Location: Chicago
visualmagic wrote:
It’s a joke. Y’all should lighten up


A) Not funny B) Poorly executed C) if in doubt go pink

_________________
Using big words is not a personal attack


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 11:33 pm 
Online
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:13 pm
Posts: 19809
Location: Chicago
AO Sig wrote:
windywave wrote:
visualmagic wrote:
AO Sig wrote:
FW wrote:
windywave wrote:
FW wrote:
I'm trying to make a subtle point here, fellas.


That Stetson is cheaper than Tulane?


Tulane is 70K with room and board. Stetson is 60K. I'm sure parents across Florida are lining up to send their kids there for that steal.


My daughter is Central Florida bound, got an in-state waiver (its tuition is cheaper than U. of Tennessee's in-state, and lots of its other stuff is cheaper as well). She chose not to apply to Tulane because she said it was "too expensive," and she figured my income would result in us paying full price. Also ticked her off that there is no "legacy" waiver; since her grandfather, father, three cousins and a great aunt all graduated, it would be nice if Tulane ( who always has their hand out for donations) would acknowledge alumni somehow... That was her opinion.


Subtle brag.


First off it's called a backdoor brag. Second if you knew his profession you'd know it's a statement of fact.


Thanks for the back up.

I did not mean it as a boast or brag. As an aside I have spent at least $40K a year for the last 18 years on physical, speech and occupational therapy for my son (who just graduated from high school two days ago, will be taking classes at the local community college and marching with ETSU's football band this fall). Those expenses don't show up when Tulane looks at aid/scholarships/etc, only what I earn. My income also kept me from having any coverage for such care by other resources.


Well.now you're just ostentatiously bragging :angel:

_________________
Using big words is not a personal attack


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 12:06 am 
Offline
Coach Level

Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:26 pm
Posts: 2364
windywave wrote:
visualmagic wrote:
It’s a joke. Y’all should lighten up


A) Not funny B) Poorly executed C) if in doubt go pink


You’re just not familiar with the meme. This audience is probably a little old for that joke.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 3:09 am 
Offline
Regent's Circle

Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2004 5:42 am
Posts: 7609
Location: Kingsport, Tennessee
windywave wrote:
AO Sig wrote:
windywave wrote:
visualmagic wrote:
AO Sig wrote:
FW wrote:
windywave wrote:
FW wrote:
I'm trying to make a subtle point here, fellas.


That Stetson is cheaper than Tulane?


Tulane is 70K with room and board. Stetson is 60K. I'm sure parents across Florida are lining up to send their kids there for that steal.


My daughter is Central Florida bound, got an in-state waiver (its tuition is cheaper than U. of Tennessee's in-state, and lots of its other stuff is cheaper as well). She chose not to apply to Tulane because she said it was "too expensive," and she figured my income would result in us paying full price. Also ticked her off that there is no "legacy" waiver; since her grandfather, father, three cousins and a great aunt all graduated, it would be nice if Tulane ( who always has their hand out for donations) would acknowledge alumni somehow... That was her opinion.


Subtle brag.


First off it's called a backdoor brag. Second if you knew his profession you'd know it's a statement of fact.


Thanks for the back up.

I did not mean it as a boast or brag. As an aside I have spent at least $40K a year for the last 18 years on physical, speech and occupational therapy for my son (who just graduated from high school two days ago, will be taking classes at the local community college and marching with ETSU's football band this fall). Those expenses don't show up when Tulane looks at aid/scholarships/etc, only what I earn. My income also kept me from having any coverage for such care by other resources.


Well.now you're just ostentatiously bragging :angel:


If you been through all the stuff we have faced with our son, you’d brag too. Now if we can just get him to find a career and way to keep him well for the rest of his life...

_________________
What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 7:17 am 
Offline
President's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:18 am
Posts: 4243
Location: Wichita
AO Sig wrote:
windywave wrote:
AO Sig wrote:
windywave wrote:
visualmagic wrote:
AO Sig wrote:
FW wrote:
windywave wrote:
FW wrote:
I'm trying to make a subtle point here, fellas.


That Stetson is cheaper than Tulane?


Tulane is 70K with room and board. Stetson is 60K. I'm sure parents across Florida are lining up to send their kids there for that steal.


My daughter is Central Florida bound, got an in-state waiver (its tuition is cheaper than U. of Tennessee's in-state, and lots of its other stuff is cheaper as well). She chose not to apply to Tulane because she said it was "too expensive," and she figured my income would result in us paying full price. Also ticked her off that there is no "legacy" waiver; since her grandfather, father, three cousins and a great aunt all graduated, it would be nice if Tulane ( who always has their hand out for donations) would acknowledge alumni somehow... That was her opinion.


Subtle brag.


First off it's called a backdoor brag. Second if you knew his profession you'd know it's a statement of fact.


Thanks for the back up.

I did not mean it as a boast or brag. As an aside I have spent at least $40K a year for the last 18 years on physical, speech and occupational therapy for my son (who just graduated from high school two days ago, will be taking classes at the local community college and marching with ETSU's football band this fall). Those expenses don't show up when Tulane looks at aid/scholarships/etc, only what I earn. My income also kept me from having any coverage for such care by other resources.


Well.now you're just ostentatiously bragging :angel:


If you been through all the stuff we have faced with our son, you’d brag too. Now if we can just get him to find a career and way to keep him well for the rest of his life...

Enough with the bragging already!

_________________
#stopbunting
#nomorekicking


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 8:00 am 
Offline
Navigator Level

Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:09 pm
Posts: 978
Go Oregon State!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 9:00 am 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:00 pm
Posts: 13648
Yankeewave wrote:
The NCAA put the best SEC teams on one side of the bracket. don't want another all SEC final.

LSU got sent out to OSU :lol:


Seems like the odds would be even better if they didn't invite 10 SEC teams.

_________________
“At the moment of truth, there are either reasons or results.”


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 9:09 am 
Offline
President's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:18 am
Posts: 4243
Location: Wichita
CletusRelm wrote:
Go Oregon State!

Admitted child rapist or LSU?
I'm gonna have to think on this one

_________________
#stopbunting
#nomorekicking


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 12:05 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle

Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:19 pm
Posts: 9801
gerryb323 wrote:
CletusRelm wrote:
Go Oregon State!

Admitted child rapist or LSU?
I'm gonna have to think on this one

Nah, still an easy choice. Now, maybe if the entire team were admitted child rapists...


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], windywave and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group