The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:05 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 12:08 pm 
President's Circle

teams in this year's NCAA tourney.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 3:19 pm 
Regent's Circle

Here are the brackets if anyone is interested …

https://www.ncaa.com/interactive-bracket/baseball/d1

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 3:28 pm 
Cornerstone

Hey, look, a private school, Stetson, hosting a regional.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 3:38 pm 
Regent's Circle

FW wrote:
Hey, look, a private school, Stetson, hosting a regional.

They had to be damn near perfect to get a look as a small conference school and they were. Staff ERA of 2.58 best in the NCAA. Them Hatters can really twirl it.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 5:30 pm 
President's Circle

Stetson beat the Wave two out of 3 last year.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 5:36 pm 
Cornerstone

I'm trying to make a subtle point here, fellas.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 5:42 pm 
Emerald Circle

FW wrote:

That Stetson is cheaper than Tulane?

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 5:51 pm 
President's Circle

that private schools can succeed

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 6:02 pm 
Cornerstone

windywave wrote:
FW wrote:

Tulane is 70K with room and board. Stetson is 60K. I'm sure parents across Florida are lining up to send their kids there for that steal.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 6:06 pm 
Regent's Circle

FW wrote:
windywave wrote:
FW wrote:

Tulane is 70K with room and board. Stetson is 60K. I'm sure parents across Florida are lining up to send their kids there for that steal.

My daughter is Central Florida bound, got an in-state waiver (its tuition is cheaper than U. of Tennessee's in-state, and lots of its other stuff is cheaper as well). She chose not to apply to Tulane because she said it was "too expensive," and she figured my income would result in us paying full price. Also ticked her off that there is no "legacy" waiver; since her grandfather, father, three cousins and a great aunt all graduated, it would be nice if Tulane ( who always has their hand out for donations) would acknowledge alumni somehow... That was her opinion.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 6:09 pm 
Cornerstone

AO Sig wrote:
FW wrote:
windywave wrote:
FW wrote:

My daughter is Central Florida bound, got an in-state waiver (its tuition is cheaper than U. of Tennessee's in-state, and lots of its other stuff is cheaper as well). She chose not to apply to Tulane because she said it was "too expensive," and she figured my income would result in us paying full price. Also ticked her off that there is no "legacy" waiver; since her grandfather, father, three cousins and a great aunt all graduated, it would be nice if Tulane ( who always has their hand out for donations) would acknowledge alumni somehow... That was her opinion.

UCF? That campus is insane. I was there for a campus in February. My kids will get in-state in TN and GA, so I'm hoping they're good at math and go to GT, because we won't be able to afford Tulane unless we get major help.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 6:27 pm 
Coach Level

AO Sig wrote:
FW wrote:
windywave wrote:
FW wrote:

Subtle brag.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 6:32 pm 
Emerald Circle

visualmagic wrote:
AO Sig wrote:
FW wrote:
windywave wrote:
FW wrote:

Subtle brag.

First off it's called a backdoor brag. Second if you knew his profession you'd know it's a statement of fact.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 7:58 pm 
Emerald Circle

The NCAA put the best SEC teams on one side of the bracket. don't want another all SEC final.

LSU got sent out to OSU :lol:

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 8:21 pm 
Regent's Circle

windywave wrote:
visualmagic wrote:
AO Sig wrote:
FW wrote:
windywave wrote:
FW wrote:

Subtle brag.

First off it's called a backdoor brag. Second if you knew his profession you'd know it's a statement of fact.

Thanks for the back up.

I did not mean it as a boast or brag. As an aside I have spent at least $40K a year for the last 18 years on physical, speech and occupational therapy for my son (who just graduated from high school two days ago, will be taking classes at the local community college and marching with ETSU's football band this fall). Those expenses don't show up when Tulane looks at aid/scholarships/etc, only what I earn. My income also kept me from having any coverage for such care by other resources.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 8:40 pm 
Coach Level

It’s a joke. Y’all should lighten up

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 11:32 pm 
Emerald Circle

visualmagic wrote:

A) Not funny B) Poorly executed C) if in doubt go pink

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 11:33 pm 
Emerald Circle

AO Sig wrote:
windywave wrote:
visualmagic wrote:
AO Sig wrote:
FW wrote:
windywave wrote:
FW wrote:

Subtle brag.

Thanks for the back up.

I did not mean it as a boast or brag. As an aside I have spent at least $40K a year for the last 18 years on physical, speech and occupational therapy for my son (who just graduated from high school two days ago, will be taking classes at the local community college and marching with ETSU's football band this fall). Those expenses don't show up when Tulane looks at aid/scholarships/etc, only what I earn. My income also kept me from having any coverage for such care by other resources.

Well.now you're just ostentatiously bragging :angel:

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 12:06 am 
Coach Level

windywave wrote:
visualmagic wrote:

A) Not funny B) Poorly executed C) if in doubt go pink

You’re just not familiar with the meme. This audience is probably a little old for that joke.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 3:09 am 
Regent's Circle

windywave wrote:
AO Sig wrote:
windywave wrote:
visualmagic wrote:
AO Sig wrote:
FW wrote:
windywave wrote:
FW wrote:

Subtle brag.

Thanks for the back up.

If you been through all the stuff we have faced with our son, you’d brag too. Now if we can just get him to find a career and way to keep him well for the rest of his life...

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 7:17 am 
President's Circle

AO Sig wrote:
windywave wrote:
AO Sig wrote:
windywave wrote:
visualmagic wrote:
AO Sig wrote:
FW wrote:
windywave wrote:
FW wrote:

Subtle brag.

Thanks for the back up.

If you been through all the stuff we have faced with our son, you’d brag too. Now if we can just get him to find a career and way to keep him well for the rest of his life...

Enough with the bragging already!

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 8:00 am 
Navigator Level

Go Oregon State!

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 9:00 am 
Emerald Circle

Yankeewave wrote:
The NCAA put the best SEC teams on one side of the bracket. don't want another all SEC final.

LSU got sent out to OSU :lol:

Seems like the odds would be even better if they didn't invite 10 SEC teams.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 9:09 am 
President's Circle

CletusRelm wrote:
Go Oregon State!

Admitted child rapist or LSU?
I'm gonna have to think on this one

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 12:05 pm 
Regent's Circle

gerryb323 wrote:
CletusRelm wrote:
Go Oregon State!

Admitted child rapist or LSU?
I'm gonna have to think on this one

Nah, still an easy choice. Now, maybe if the entire team were admitted child rapists...