The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:52 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:41 pm 
Regent's Circle

Poseidon wrote:
ml wave wrote:
Poseidon wrote:
I know I'm in the minority, but I conclude the Grad transfer rule does more harm than good. Rice lost FOUR returning starters to the grad transfer rule this spring/summer. Three of which started for three years before leaving. They went to South Carolina, Texas Tech, and Texas. They basically lost the core of a senior class. https://gradtransfertracker.com/the-latest-news/trio-of-rice-grad-transfers-commit

May be bad for Rice this year, but on the whole it's a zero sum game.

You say that if Zero sum games has some tendency to level out. Football results are a zero game, when is the Tulane-LSU series going to level out? There are a limited number of Grad transfers. Teams will be left with holes when the season starts. It's not like an actual free agent market with a pool to draw from. It's after the signing period and they were limited to 25 signees anyway. How will this be better for them next year.

Zero sum games are by definition level, they don't need to level out. I don't understand your analogy. Are you saying that a football series does more harm than good because one team will win more games than another? Rice got hit hard this year, sucks for them for sure...I don't know (or care) how it will be better for them next year but there's nothing preventing them from gaining grad transfers in the future.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:14 pm 
Emerald Circle

Speaking of grad transfers. The sec voted today to allow grad transfers going to another sec school to play immediately. Before today sec graduate transfers had to sit a year if they went to another sec school.

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson