Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:33 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Wave 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:03 am 
Emerald Circle

seems to have stalled out a bit. 1,268 people donated. Illinois at 32, had been at 25 last time i looked.

yes, i know there is another thread but could not find it. i am going to email the alumni club people in chicago and see if they can put out a map of Illinois with that number to try and encourage people to donate at the next event. don't know if tulane will approve it or not.

Post subject: Re: Wave 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:09 am 
Emerald Circle

Why the hell wouldn't they?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:21 am 
Coach Level

I got letter advertising it, but I had already given. Maybe that's the problem.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:12 am 
Emerald Circle

Poseidon wrote:

To be fair, the folks on the fan forums aren't the ones they need to reach. We're either giving readily and regularly, or else mad and not giving regardless. But either way, we know about the campaigns before they are announced broadly.

Personally I think if the goal is to reach out to new folks or non-regular donors, they need to be beating it into their heads. Like, weekly email type harassment.

P.S. I actually got two Ohio stickers for my donation thanks to a clerical error. Separate letters, about a week apart. Makes me wonder if they counted me twice (but I verified they only hit my credit card once...)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:42 pm 
Navigator Level

PeteRasche wrote:
Poseidon wrote:

To be fair, the folks on the fan forums aren't the ones they need to reach. We're either giving readily and regularly, or else mad and not giving regardless. But either way, we know about the campaigns before they are announced broadly.

Personally I think if the goal is to reach out to new folks or non-regular donors, they need to be beating it into their heads. Like, weekly email type harassment.

P.S. I actually got two Ohio stickers for my donation thanks to a clerical error. Separate letters, about a week apart. Makes me wonder if they counted me twice (but I verified they only hit my credit card once...)

Especially with 4th of July coming up and being patriotic and all. Nice opportunity to remind everyone.

I think that the Evergreen/GiveGreen TU campaign blitz was a really great roll out. And they did what I have been nagging about for a few years in getting Ambassadors to help spread the word. They even had ambassadors for each of the student classes like how United Way does in corporate offices to keep track and to bug their friends about it.

They managed to make it fun to give, and easy. There were Ipads at the alumni house and you could make your donation in memory of someone, we got apprised of reaching certain levels and celebrate the "unlocking" of additional matching funds. While it was aggressive, it was fun and I hope that Greenwave Club borrows some of their ideas.

I remember one of the Helluva Hullabaloo Auctions they had a table with little Tulane tie tacks with a loop of ribbon for a really nominal amount, so even if you weren't getting one of the auction items, you were still getting something to go home with.

Anyways, when we complain that they only ever have their hand out asking for money, we turn around now and complain that they aren't asking. :-D

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:41 pm 
Emerald Circle

And just like that, I got a letter in the mail today asking me to donate for the Wave 100 campaign, after I'd already given. So they're sending them to everyone.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:23 pm 
Riptide Level

I never did get a Kentucky sticker. Considering there are only two of us, perhaps they haven't printed them.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:38 am 
Emerald Circle

what do they do with the international donors? a world?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:52 am 
Emerald Circle

Yankeewave wrote:
what do they do with the international donors? a world?

Basically. The symbol shown on the Wave 100 page appears to be the one on the respective sticker.
So: