Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:41 pm 
Emerald Circle

DrHullabaloo wrote:
please do not take anything written in that book as anything other than embellished fabrication.

I don't think any of us have any intention of even cracking the cover at a bookstore, much less wasting our money buying it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:43 pm 
Regent's Circle

Just a small observation - but when my son and I would come in for Homecoming games and we'd be on campus to watch the Homecoming parade, it always bugged me that he put himself in the first car with that stupid dyed hair. My middle school son would ask - 'so this guy is the President of Tulane?'

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:06 pm 
Regent's Circle

sr wrote:
Just a small observation - but when my son and I would come in for Homecoming games and we'd be on campus to watch the Homecoming parade, it always bugged me that he put himself in the first car with that stupid dyed hair. My middle school son would ask - 'so this guy is the President of Tulane?'

The hair was always good for a laugh. A lot of fellow bandies in the TUMB never understood why I hated him so much (they didn't grow up Tulane fans, for one); I had to explain The Review and other related misgivings a lot. I mean, if he had his way, none of them would've even been in a marching band here. When we played at the gig in Devlin for his retirement I scowled the whole time.

Then again, I had to explain the rules of football a lot too. But that's part of a whole different discussion on our lack of a music ed program not attracting the garden variety Louisiana hardcore "bandnerds".

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:58 am 
Trainer

wavedom wrote:
You can go back to Gibson after Smith.

This was the most critically bad decision since leaving the SEC. Nothing else comes close. Everything that has come to pass with television rights was being determined in the early 80's. We were poised to take off as a program with talent that the Smith staff had brought in from all over the country. It didn't happen. Thanks Hindman!