Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:47 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 7:50 am
Posts: 7414
Location: new orleans, la
Tulane is hiring. Take a look at their job listings - anything from postdoctorate fellow to trainers, to ticket sales, to just about ANYTHING, including a plumber.

So, why does this belong on the athletics board? It shows plenty of vacancies in the athletics deartment, which I hope are NEW positions, not replacing people that have decided to go elsewhere. Probably a mixture of both.

But it means that the department is GROWING, and why we need things like the 100 campaign...

http://www2.tulane.edu/jobs/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:44 pm 
Offline
President's Circle

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 2:02 pm
Posts: 2892
Location: metairie, La
And here is how you get the local baseball kid in free!! Doesn't Tulane give a free ride to employee's kids? this would be a no brainer. :mrgreen:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:05 pm 
Offline
President's Circle

Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:07 am
Posts: 2931
They have a position that is geared to corporate sales (Glazer Club). No commissions. What you think the pay is or should be?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:44 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:36 am
Posts: 18692
Location: Philadelphia, PA & Berlin, MD
tjtlja wrote:
They have a position that is geared to corporate sales (Glazer Club). No commissions. What you think the pay is or should be?

If in the private sector that should be close to 6 figures or more, commensurate with track record. Not sure how that converts in a university.

_________________
Tulane Class of 1978 | NROTC Tulane - Submariner | Slow learner


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:42 pm 
Offline
President's Circle

Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:07 am
Posts: 2931
$35k


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:59 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:36 am
Posts: 18692
Location: Philadelphia, PA & Berlin, MD
tjtlja wrote:
$35k

Then that is strictly an entry level phone caller, not a rainmaker. Different skill set.

Sorry, too many years in corporate business development for me skewed me towards an account executive type person.

_________________
Tulane Class of 1978 | NROTC Tulane - Submariner | Slow learner


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:22 pm 
Online
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:54 pm
Posts: 7123
Location: Dripping Springs
TUPF wrote:
tjtlja wrote:
$35k

Then that is strictly an entry level phone caller, not a rainmaker. Different skill set.

Sorry, too many years in corporate business development for me skewed me towards an account executive type person.

Yeah, about $17/hr.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:01 am 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:20 pm
Posts: 21110
Location: North Kenner
Most positions at a Tulane won’t pay much unless it’s an upper level type job. I’m always looking at job postings at Tulane with the goal of getting one before my kids reach college age. Problem is that most of the ones I’m interested in would often require a significant pay cut.

_________________
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:26 am 
Offline
Navigator Level

Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:22 pm
Posts: 900
waverider wrote:
Most positions at a Tulane won’t pay much unless it’s an upper level type job. I’m always looking at job postings at Tulane with the goal of getting one before my kids reach college age. Problem is that most of the ones I’m interested in would often require a significant pay cut.


Guess they're figuring in all that money you'll save on tuition.

_________________
Gladly it's over


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:28 am 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:13 pm
Posts: 20736
Location: Chicago
Most jobs not executive/faculty level at universities seem to be either support or stepping stone i.e. low paid.

_________________
Using big words is not a personal attack


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:30 am 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:52 am
Posts: 20795
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Heh, want a job? Get into the construction field and move to the mid-South or Midwest. Every MEP firm is desperately hiring. Regional contractors around here are turning down large jobs because they can't staff them with project managers or even workers, and we (MEP consulting firms) are slammed because there are no available engineers and designers to hire. "They" have told us for years that the construction and engineering industries were going to face a massive shortage in the future because kids don't want to do this anymore, and "they" were right (which is part of why there's such a big push of STEM in schools, but unfortunately it's pushing kids into other science fields).

Frankly, I don't know how people are going to build anything a decade from now because there's not going to be anyone to design it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:34 am 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:13 pm
Posts: 20736
Location: Chicago
PeteRasche wrote:
Heh, want a job? Get into the construction field and move to the mid-South or Midwest. Every MEP firm is desperately hiring. Regional contractors around here are turning down large jobs because they can't staff them with project managers or even workers, and we (MEP consulting firms) are slammed because there are no available engineers and designers to hire. "They" have told us for years that the construction and engineering industries were going to face a massive shortage in the future because kids don't want to do this anymore, and "they" were right (which is part of why there's such a big push of STEM in schools, but unfortunately it's pushing kids into other science fields).

Frankly, I don't know how people are going to build anything a decade from now because there's not going to be anyone to design it.


Well we have a ton of "studies" graduates who will be in living in cardboard boxes because they don't have marketable degrees so it will even out

_________________
Using big words is not a personal attack


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:36 am 
Offline
President's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:18 am
Posts: 4802
Location: Wichita
Local employers here desperately lack skilled labor (specifically aircraft fabrication). Of course, try to convince anyone to live in Wichita...

_________________
#stopbunting
#nomorekicking
#itwasallaruse


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:40 am 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:13 pm
Posts: 20736
Location: Chicago
gerryb323 wrote:
Local employers here desperately lack skilled labor (specifically aircraft fabrication). Of course, try to convince anyone to live in Wichita...


I thought people built planes there so they could leave

_________________
Using big words is not a personal attack


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:51 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2004 2:15 pm
Posts: 7188
Location: Charlotte
windywave wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
Local employers here desperately lack skilled labor (specifically aircraft fabrication). Of course, try to convince anyone to live in Wichita...


I thought people built planes there so they could leave


probably the original intent... most probably found out after the fact you actually need skill to fly the planes, too

_________________
Image
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:03 pm 
Offline
Coach Level

Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 10:35 pm
Posts: 2430
Location: Amarillo by Morning
PeteRasche wrote:
Heh, want a job? Get into the construction field and move to the mid-South or Midwest. Every MEP firm is desperately hiring. Regional contractors around here are turning down large jobs because they can't staff them with project managers or even workers, and we (MEP consulting firms) are slammed because there are no available engineers and designers to hire. "They" have told us for years that the construction and engineering industries were going to face a massive shortage in the future because kids don't want to do this anymore, and "they" were right (which is part of why there's such a big push of STEM in schools, but unfortunately it's pushing kids into other science fields).

Frankly, I don't know how people are going to build anything a decade from now because there's not going to be anyone to design it.



Where I work operators ae pulling down $130k or more working a few hundred hours OT a year. Good instrument techs and millwrights are hard to find even paying $40 hr. Engineers out of college start around $65k and will take several years to make more than the operators. Our local high schools have strong technical programs for kids not wanting to go to college. There is no shortage of engineers down hee but most coming out of college now want to be the CEO and not do actual engineering. In 30 years it’s gone from seeing engineers that knew their plants to the current bunch that are more concerned with networks and social events.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:10 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:13 pm
Posts: 20736
Location: Chicago
double d wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:
Heh, want a job? Get into the construction field and move to the mid-South or Midwest. Every MEP firm is desperately hiring. Regional contractors around here are turning down large jobs because they can't staff them with project managers or even workers, and we (MEP consulting firms) are slammed because there are no available engineers and designers to hire. "They" have told us for years that the construction and engineering industries were going to face a massive shortage in the future because kids don't want to do this anymore, and "they" were right (which is part of why there's such a big push of STEM in schools, but unfortunately it's pushing kids into other science fields).

Frankly, I don't know how people are going to build anything a decade from now because there's not going to be anyone to design it.



Where I work operators ae pulling down $130k or more working a few hundred hours OT a year. Good instrument techs and millwrights are hard to find even paying $40 hr. Engineers out of college start around $65k and will take several years to make more than the operators. Our local high schools have strong technical programs for kids not wanting to go to college. There is no shortage of engineers down hee but most coming out of college now want to be the CEO and not do actual engineering. In 30 years it’s gone from seeing engineers that knew their plants to the current bunch that are more concerned with networks and social events.


Thankfully we traded engineer alumni for volunteer alumni. No frick wonder we can't get the endowment up.

_________________
Using big words is not a personal attack


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:32 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:36 am
Posts: 18692
Location: Philadelphia, PA & Berlin, MD
windywave wrote:
double d wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:
Heh, want a job? Get into the construction field and move to the mid-South or Midwest. Every MEP firm is desperately hiring. Regional contractors around here are turning down large jobs because they can't staff them with project managers or even workers, and we (MEP consulting firms) are slammed because there are no available engineers and designers to hire. "They" have told us for years that the construction and engineering industries were going to face a massive shortage in the future because kids don't want to do this anymore, and "they" were right (which is part of why there's such a big push of STEM in schools, but unfortunately it's pushing kids into other science fields).

Frankly, I don't know how people are going to build anything a decade from now because there's not going to be anyone to design it.



Where I work operators ae pulling down $130k or more working a few hundred hours OT a year. Good instrument techs and millwrights are hard to find even paying $40 hr. Engineers out of college start around $65k and will take several years to make more than the operators. Our local high schools have strong technical programs for kids not wanting to go to college. There is no shortage of engineers down hee but most coming out of college now want to be the CEO and not do actual engineering. In 30 years it’s gone from seeing engineers that knew their plants to the current bunch that are more concerned with networks and social events.


Thankfully we traded engineer alumni for volunteer alumni. No frick wonder we can't get the endowment up.

Sorry, but contrary to your narrative, Tulane’s endowment got into trouble long ago. Yes, when we had conventional engineering disciplines and a much greater percentage of New Orleans and Lousisana students. Some long for the good old days, but that era was when we fell behind our peer institutions in the 70s and onward, and then the time-value of investments sealed our also-ran status. So, yes, right now barring a mega sugar daddy we will always be playing catch up, but it’s not because of what happened in the more recent years.

_________________
Tulane Class of 1978 | NROTC Tulane - Submariner | Slow learner


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:37 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:13 pm
Posts: 20736
Location: Chicago
TUPF wrote:
windywave wrote:
double d wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:
Heh, want a job? Get into the construction field and move to the mid-South or Midwest. Every MEP firm is desperately hiring. Regional contractors around here are turning down large jobs because they can't staff them with project managers or even workers, and we (MEP consulting firms) are slammed because there are no available engineers and designers to hire. "They" have told us for years that the construction and engineering industries were going to face a massive shortage in the future because kids don't want to do this anymore, and "they" were right (which is part of why there's such a big push of STEM in schools, but unfortunately it's pushing kids into other science fields).

Frankly, I don't know how people are going to build anything a decade from now because there's not going to be anyone to design it.



Where I work operators ae pulling down $130k or more working a few hundred hours OT a year. Good instrument techs and millwrights are hard to find even paying $40 hr. Engineers out of college start around $65k and will take several years to make more than the operators. Our local high schools have strong technical programs for kids not wanting to go to college. There is no shortage of engineers down hee but most coming out of college now want to be the CEO and not do actual engineering. In 30 years it’s gone from seeing engineers that knew their plants to the current bunch that are more concerned with networks and social events.


Thankfully we traded engineer alumni for volunteer alumni. No frick wonder we can't get the endowment up.

Sorry, but contrary to your narrative, Tulane’s endowment got into trouble long ago. Yes, when we had conventional engineering disciplines and a much greater percentage of New Orleans and Lousisana students. Some long for the good old days, but that era was when we fell behind our peer institutions in the 70s and onward, and then the time-value of investments sealed our also-ran status. So, yes, right now barring a mega sugar daddy we will always be playing catch up, but it’s not because of what the in the more recent years.


So the solution is to get rid of high paying graduates in exchange for ones who don't get a paycheck? You're not that dumb, revise your argument.

_________________
Using big words is not a personal attack


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:45 pm 
Offline
Navigator Level

Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:22 pm
Posts: 900
windywave wrote:
TUPF wrote:
windywave wrote:
double d wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:
Heh, want a job? Get into the construction field and move to the mid-South or Midwest. Every MEP firm is desperately hiring. Regional contractors around here are turning down large jobs because they can't staff them with project managers or even workers, and we (MEP consulting firms) are slammed because there are no available engineers and designers to hire. "They" have told us for years that the construction and engineering industries were going to face a massive shortage in the future because kids don't want to do this anymore, and "they" were right (which is part of why there's such a big push of STEM in schools, but unfortunately it's pushing kids into other science fields).

Frankly, I don't know how people are going to build anything a decade from now because there's not going to be anyone to design it.



Where I work operators ae pulling down $130k or more working a few hundred hours OT a year. Good instrument techs and millwrights are hard to find even paying $40 hr. Engineers out of college start around $65k and will take several years to make more than the operators. Our local high schools have strong technical programs for kids not wanting to go to college. There is no shortage of engineers down hee but most coming out of college now want to be the CEO and not do actual engineering. In 30 years it’s gone from seeing engineers that knew their plants to the current bunch that are more concerned with networks and social events.


Thankfully we traded engineer alumni for volunteer alumni. No frick wonder we can't get the endowment up.

Sorry, but contrary to your narrative, Tulane’s endowment got into trouble long ago. Yes, when we had conventional engineering disciplines and a much greater percentage of New Orleans and Lousisana students. Some long for the good old days, but that era was when we fell behind our peer institutions in the 70s and onward, and then the time-value of investments sealed our also-ran status. So, yes, right now barring a mega sugar daddy we will always be playing catch up, but it’s not because of what the in the more recent years.


So the solution is to get rid of high paying graduates in exchange for ones who don't get a paycheck? You're not that dumb, revise your argument.


Actually he is. He wants to blame locals. Tulane has always had a national student body. It used to have more locals than now but it was never dominated by locals. The problem is people who went to Tulane for 4 years and then moved back home and never sent a cent. They love to brag they partied hard in NOLA but they don't care about Tulane because it was their back up school. They walked around campus wearing the shirts of that school rather than Tulane.

_________________
Gladly it's over


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:46 pm 
Offline
Navigator Level

Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:22 pm
Posts: 900
wavedom wrote:
windywave wrote:
TUPF wrote:
windywave wrote:
double d wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:
Heh, want a job? Get into the construction field and move to the mid-South or Midwest. Every MEP firm is desperately hiring. Regional contractors around here are turning down large jobs because they can't staff them with project managers or even workers, and we (MEP consulting firms) are slammed because there are no available engineers and designers to hire. "They" have told us for years that the construction and engineering industries were going to face a massive shortage in the future because kids don't want to do this anymore, and "they" were right (which is part of why there's such a big push of STEM in schools, but unfortunately it's pushing kids into other science fields).

Frankly, I don't know how people are going to build anything a decade from now because there's not going to be anyone to design it.



Where I work operators ae pulling down $130k or more working a few hundred hours OT a year. Good instrument techs and millwrights are hard to find even paying $40 hr. Engineers out of college start around $65k and will take several years to make more than the operators. Our local high schools have strong technical programs for kids not wanting to go to college. There is no shortage of engineers down hee but most coming out of college now want to be the CEO and not do actual engineering. In 30 years it’s gone from seeing engineers that knew their plants to the current bunch that are more concerned with networks and social events.


Thankfully we traded engineer alumni for volunteer alumni. No frick wonder we can't get the endowment up.

Sorry, but contrary to your narrative, Tulane’s endowment got into trouble long ago. Yes, when we had conventional engineering disciplines and a much greater percentage of New Orleans and Lousisana students. Some long for the good old days, but that era was when we fell behind our peer institutions in the 70s and onward, and then the time-value of investments sealed our also-ran status. So, yes, right now barring a mega sugar daddy we will always be playing catch up, but it’s not because of what the in the more recent years.


So the solution is to get rid of high paying graduates in exchange for ones who don't get a paycheck? You're not that dumb, revise your argument.


Actually he is. He wants to blame locals. Tulane has always had a national student body. It used to have more locals than now but it was never dominated by locals. The problem is people who went to Tulane for 4 years and then moved back home and never sent a cent. They love to brag they partied hard in NOLA but they don't care about Tulane because it was their back up school. They walked around campus wearing the shirts of that school rather than Tulane.


You now have student's wearing Tulane gear but as you said they won't make any money so Tulane will still be far behind the schools they claim to be peers with.

_________________
Gladly it's over


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:28 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:13 pm
Posts: 20736
Location: Chicago
wavedom wrote:
windywave wrote:
TUPF wrote:
windywave wrote:
double d wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:
Heh, want a job? Get into the construction field and move to the mid-South or Midwest. Every MEP firm is desperately hiring. Regional contractors around here are turning down large jobs because they can't staff them with project managers or even workers, and we (MEP consulting firms) are slammed because there are no available engineers and designers to hire. "They" have told us for years that the construction and engineering industries were going to face a massive shortage in the future because kids don't want to do this anymore, and "they" were right (which is part of why there's such a big push of STEM in schools, but unfortunately it's pushing kids into other science fields).

Frankly, I don't know how people are going to build anything a decade from now because there's not going to be anyone to design it.



Where I work operators ae pulling down $130k or more working a few hundred hours OT a year. Good instrument techs and millwrights are hard to find even paying $40 hr. Engineers out of college start around $65k and will take several years to make more than the operators. Our local high schools have strong technical programs for kids not wanting to go to college. There is no shortage of engineers down hee but most coming out of college now want to be the CEO and not do actual engineering. In 30 years it’s gone from seeing engineers that knew their plants to the current bunch that are more concerned with networks and social events.


Thankfully we traded engineer alumni for volunteer alumni. No frick wonder we can't get the endowment up.

Sorry, but contrary to your narrative, Tulane’s endowment got into trouble long ago. Yes, when we had conventional engineering disciplines and a much greater percentage of New Orleans and Lousisana students. Some long for the good old days, but that era was when we fell behind our peer institutions in the 70s and onward, and then the time-value of investments sealed our also-ran status. So, yes, right now barring a mega sugar daddy we will always be playing catch up, but it’s not because of what the in the more recent years.


So the solution is to get rid of high paying graduates in exchange for ones who don't get a paycheck? You're not that dumb, revise your argument.


Actually he is. He wants to blame locals. Tulane has always had a national student body. It used to have more locals than now but it was never dominated by locals. The problem is people who went to Tulane for 4 years and then moved back home and never sent a cent. They love to brag they partied hard in NOLA but they don't care about Tulane because it was their back up school. They walked around campus wearing the shirts of that school rather than Tulane.


I'm pretty sure I disagree with every point you attempted tp make.

_________________
Using big words is not a personal attack


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:35 pm 
Offline
Navigator Level

Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:22 pm
Posts: 900
Like I care what a know nothing like you thinks. LOL.

_________________
Gladly it's over


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:33 am 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:36 am
Posts: 18692
Location: Philadelphia, PA & Berlin, MD
wavedom wrote:
windywave wrote:
TUPF wrote:
windywave wrote:
double d wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:
Heh, want a job? Get into the construction field and move to the mid-South or Midwest. Every MEP firm is desperately hiring. Regional contractors around here are turning down large jobs because they can't staff them with project managers or even workers, and we (MEP consulting firms) are slammed because there are no available engineers and designers to hire. "They" have told us for years that the construction and engineering industries were going to face a massive shortage in the future because kids don't want to do this anymore, and "they" were right (which is part of why there's such a big push of STEM in schools, but unfortunately it's pushing kids into other science fields).

Frankly, I don't know how people are going to build anything a decade from now because there's not going to be anyone to design it.



Where I work operators ae pulling down $130k or more working a few hundred hours OT a year. Good instrument techs and millwrights are hard to find even paying $40 hr. Engineers out of college start around $65k and will take several years to make more than the operators. Our local high schools have strong technical programs for kids not wanting to go to college. There is no shortage of engineers down hee but most coming out of college now want to be the CEO and not do actual engineering. In 30 years it’s gone from seeing engineers that knew their plants to the current bunch that are more concerned with networks and social events.


Thankfully we traded engineer alumni for volunteer alumni. No frick wonder we can't get the endowment up.

Sorry, but contrary to your narrative, Tulane’s endowment got into trouble long ago. Yes, when we had conventional engineering disciplines and a much greater percentage of New Orleans and Lousisana students. Some long for the good old days, but that era was when we fell behind our peer institutions in the 70s and onward, and then the time-value of investments sealed our also-ran status. So, yes, right now barring a mega sugar daddy we will always be playing catch up, but it’s not because of what the in the more recent years.


So the solution is to get rid of high paying graduates in exchange for ones who don't get a paycheck? You're not that dumb, revise your argument.


Actually he is. He wants to blame locals. Tulane has always had a national student body. It used to have more locals than now but it was never dominated by locals. The problem is people who went to Tulane for 4 years and then moved back home and never sent a cent. They love to brag they partied hard in NOLA but they don't care about Tulane because it was their back up school. They walked around campus wearing the shirts of that school rather than Tulane.
I respectfully disagree, at least in my case. I chose Tulane over an appointment to the Naval Academy, Duke and Cornell. I had full scholarships both academic and NROTC to all but felt Tulane was the right place for my wild streak. I was the first in my family to go to college and One of the proudest moments of my life was receiving my Phi Beta Kappa key from President Sheldon Hackney. I have donated to Tulane every year since 1978 to both the academic side and the athletic side of Tulane. It is my duty for putting me in a great position for the rest of my life. The Tulane outreach folks regularly get together with me in Philadelphia or when I return to campus to say thanks. I proudly wore only Tulane items while attending and ever since, both in the US and overseas. There were only a couple of Tulane nuclear submarine officers in my day but we were proud. Even found time to get away from the boat and attend away football games in places like Boston College while we were docked in the area. Tulane’s endowment is where it is for a variety of reasons and yes, part of the blame lies locally. Just like many other things in life, you are either part of the problem or part of the solution.

_________________
Tulane Class of 1978 | NROTC Tulane - Submariner | Slow learner


Last edited by TUPF on Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:29 am 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:13 pm
Posts: 20736
Location: Chicago
wavedom wrote:
Like I care what a know nothing like you thinks. LOL.


Two odd posts for you. Off your meds?

_________________
Using big words is not a personal attack


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group