125 years

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
Fan Since '54
Regent's Circle

125 years

Unread post by Fan Since '54 »

That's how long it wil be this fall since Tulane and LSU started playing football vs each other. I guess our forefathers considered it a good idea way back then that two schools who resided relatively nearby in the same state to start to play each other in a game that itself had started just 24 years previously in 1869. And it was a good idea, but we now have taken that good idea and trashed it. So sad. :cry:

Addendum: Tulane baseball also played their first baseball game vs LSU in the same year.

Fan Since '54
Last edited by Fan Since '54 on Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
"...a hellava Hullabaloo"
wave-em in
President's Circle

Re: 125 years

Unread post by wave-em in »

CT Wave
Coach Level

Unread post by CT Wave »

It is a shame. If only AD Dannen hadn't pissed off our old rivals. What a shame.
"You're not here on scholarship to lose. I didn't recruit you to lose. Losing is abnormal; losing is unusual; losing is unacceptable. That's not what we're here for."
Bob Knight
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Unread post by gerryb323 »

CT Wave wrote:It is a shame. If only AD Dannen hadn't pissed off our old rivals. What a shame.
I'm pretty sure they stopped playing us before Dannen even showed up...
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Unread post by GreenieBacker »

and they killed the MBB series before RD was our AD.
A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.
Wandering Quaker
President's Circle

Unread post by Wandering Quaker »

Nothing lasts forever. I'm sorry to see the series go, but it's not the end of the world. And I write that with burning hatred of all things purple and gold stoked in me since before I could walk.

And I'm glad we aren't holding ourselves hostage to some other party. You should never walk into any negotiation without being willing to say "No deal." It appears we reached a point at which we thought it right to say that. You might question the details, but at least we didn't proceed from the horrible position that we had to make some deal with the other party, no matter what. I have seen so many bad business deals arise out of nonsense like "we have always done it this way" or "we can't lose this deal" or "we have to keep this partner." It almost always ends badly.
Fan Since '54
Regent's Circle

gerryb323 wrote:
CT Wave wrote:It is a shame. If only AD Dannen hadn't pissed off our old rivals. What a shame.
Hold on. Time out. They've been pissing us off longer than I can remember. It's about time we turned the tables. Kuddos to Dannon. My hero. :-D

Fan Since '54
Fan Since '54
Regent's Circle

Wandering Quaker wrote:Nothing lasts forever. I'm sorry to see the series go, but it's not the end of the world. And I write that with burning hatred of all things purple and gold stoked in me since before I could walk.

And I'm glad we aren't holding ourselves hostage to some other party. You should never walk into any negotiation without being willing to say "No deal." It appears we reached a point at which we thought it right to say that. You might question the details, but at least we didn't proceed from the horrible position that we had to make some deal with the other party, no matter what. I have seen so many bad business deals arise out of nonsense like "we have always done it this way" or "we can't lose this deal" or "we have to keep this partner." It almost always ends badly.
Bingo WQ!!!

Fan since '54
CT Wave
Coach Level

Unread post by CT Wave »

gerryb323 wrote:
Good grief. Can you not recognize sarcasm without the pink?
"You're not here on scholarship to lose. I didn't recruit you to lose. Losing is abnormal; losing is unusual; losing is unacceptable. That's not what we're here for."
Bob Knight
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Unread post by PeteRasche »

CT Wave wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
FWIW, having not followed that other thread, I thought you were serious too.
windywave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by windywave »

CT Wave wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
I'll just whistle as i walk past
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Unread post by Johnny Mac »

CT Wave wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
why do you think pink or the
ALERT!!!

sarcasm

SARCASM!
thing were introduced? NOBODY can ever tell sarcasm on this forum. Flame wars have started because of misunderstandings.. too many to count.
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest
CT Wave
Coach Level

Unread post by CT Wave »

Johnny Mac wrote:
CT Wave wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
ALERT!!!

sarcasm

SARCASM!
thing were introduced? NOBODY can ever tell sarcasm on this forum. Flame wars have started because of misunderstandings.. too many to count.
Sorry for creating confusion. I thought some things were so obvious and the facts were so clear they could not possibly be misconstrued. My error.
Bob Knight
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

:jerry:
CT Wave wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:
CT Wave wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
ALERT!!!

sarcasm

SARCASM!
Sorry for creating confusion. I thought some things were so obvious and the facts were so clear they could not possibly be misconstrued. My error.
Sorry for not figuring that out! Usually I can detect it! there are some who constantly bring up baseball, which would make this confusing. I think even wandering Quaker was referencing baseball above. If you had made it all bold caps I might have figured it out.
CT Wave
Coach Level

Unread post by CT Wave »

Since Dannen has been here less than three years and LSU had stopped playing us in FB and MBB years ago, it seemed obvious to me that the issue here is about LSU and not our AD.
Last edited by CT Wave on Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bob Knight
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

CT Wave wrote:Since Dannen has been here less than three years and LSU had stopped playing us in FB and MBB years ago, it seemed obvious to me that the issue here about LSU and not our AD.
I try not to keep track of which posters here have lost their grip on reality so...