Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:01 am 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:53 am
Posts: 20042
Location: New Orleans
Abraham had the skill set and the smarts to succeed in a drop back/Pro Style Offense, unfortunately Frtz's Offense really depends on a QB who can run. I think both QB's made intelligent decisions regarding where they would succeed best.

_________________
After a while, the residents of the sea do not hear the sound of the waves.
How bitter it is, the story of routine- Arabic (Anon)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:02 am 
Offline
Senior

Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:20 pm
Posts: 20
Location: Mid-City
Poseidon wrote:
fearthewave wrote:
He's enrolled and have confirmed he will participate in fall practice.

Another take: I'd probably rate this higher than some folks (maybe like a B+). I think, first and foremost, it helps to fix our QB depth chart issue in the immediate future.

In terms of the player, I've been reading the USM coverage today and a) seems like they definitely wanted him to stay (their OC said he was surprised but understood) and b) his core issue with fumbling hopefully fits right in Fritz's wheelhouse as a turnover magician.


So i originally said C+ because we were getting a backup and also lost his starting position fora reason. After watching a couple of USM games from last year I think the ability is there. So I will give it a B now.

Anyway here are of a couple of games.
USM - UTSA https://www.facebook.com/StadiumCollegeFootball/videos/southern-miss-vs-utsa/1932329200423029/

USM- LA Tech highlights https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=513B0QGwnDA


Yes, pretty much everybody wanted him to stay, but he wasn't willing to switch positions. He is a very athletic guy.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:43 am 
Offline
Regent's Circle

Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:19 pm
Posts: 9792
I have absolutely no memory of USM playing FSU in a bowl. Wouldn't have guessed that for a million bucks.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:17 am 
Offline
Coach Level

Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:25 pm
Posts: 1795
Location: Pass Christian, MS
Ruh-Roh......

https://www.sunherald.com/sports/colleg ... 09490.html


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:51 am 
Offline
Navigator Level
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 1:05 pm
Posts: 1355
Location: Naples, FL
That is of no consequence to us at Tulane.

_________________
"You're not here on scholarship to lose. I didn't recruit you to lose. Losing is abnormal; losing is unusual; losing is unacceptable. That's not what we're here for."
Bob Knight


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:53 am 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:13 pm
Posts: 19804
Location: Chicago
sprout1550 wrote:


Anyone else find it amusing Jack Abraham chose La Tech even though he's premed biology major?

_________________
Using big words is not a personal attack


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:02 pm 
Offline
Coach Level

Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:25 pm
Posts: 1795
Location: Pass Christian, MS
I think it's amusing and I'm glad it happened after Howard decided to transfer, so I posted it. Sue me.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:30 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:00 pm
Posts: 13641
sprout1550 wrote:
I think it's amusing and I'm glad it happened after Howard decided to transfer, so I posted it. Sue me.


I just wish it hadn’t been a blind link. While I waited for the connection I imagined what he tweeted when he was 15 that meant his life is basically over.

_________________
“At the moment of truth, there are either reasons or results.”


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:00 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:13 pm
Posts: 19804
Location: Chicago
OGSB wrote:
sprout1550 wrote:
I think it's amusing and I'm glad it happened after Howard decided to transfer, so I posted it. Sue me.


I just wish it hadn’t been a blind link. While I waited for the connection I imagined what he tweeted when he was 15 that meant his life is basically over.


Link worked fine for me

_________________
Using big words is not a personal attack


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:05 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:00 pm
Posts: 13641
windywave wrote:
OGSB wrote:
sprout1550 wrote:
I think it's amusing and I'm glad it happened after Howard decided to transfer, so I posted it. Sue me.


I just wish it hadn’t been a blind link. While I waited for the connection I imagined what he tweeted when he was 15 that meant his life is basically over.


Link worked fine for me


I didn’t say bad link. Blind. No idea what was on the other side.

_________________
“At the moment of truth, there are either reasons or results.”


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:11 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:13 pm
Posts: 19804
Location: Chicago
OGSB wrote:
windywave wrote:
OGSB wrote:
sprout1550 wrote:
I think it's amusing and I'm glad it happened after Howard decided to transfer, so I posted it. Sue me.


I just wish it hadn’t been a blind link. While I waited for the connection I imagined what he tweeted when he was 15 that meant his life is basically over.


Link worked fine for me


I didn’t say bad link. Blind. No idea what was on the other side.


Well it was bad news for someone

_________________
Using big words is not a personal attack


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group