Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:55 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Memories of '98
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:14 pm 
Navigator Level

Not only do I have the scores by Quarter but every sports page and stories after every game and the media guides 1997, 1998 & 1999.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:26 am 
Breaker Level

Dude if you could copy those and sell them you'd make some cash...I have the media guides, but as a player I rarely saw the newspaper.

"Victory is reserved for those who are willing to pay it's price." - Sun Tzu

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:04 pm 
Regent's Circle

charlamange8 wrote:
Dude if you could copy those and sell them you'd make some cash...I have the media guides, but as a player I rarely saw the newspaper.

Especially since many of the copies people kept were likely flooded during one of the too many washouts since then. Can't be too many copies left.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:19 pm 
President's Circle

I just listened to episode two of fearthewave's documentary on the 98 season. One thing that struck me from both episode 1 and 2: not making a bowl in 97 (regardless of reasons) really impacted the team's intensity in 98. Kind of reminds me of the ending to last year a bit.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:40 pm 
Breaker Level

tulaneoutlaw wrote:
I just listened to episode two of fearthewave's documentary on the 98 season. One thing that struck me from both episode 1 and 2: not making a bowl in 97 (regardless of reasons) really impacted the team's intensity in 98. Kind of reminds me of the ending to last year a bit.

The Camp Covington show is now live for everyone, if you'd like to listen too:

https://soundcloud.com/user-774038550/t ... -covington

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:51 pm 
Coach Level

Tulane also put out a highlight video of the perfect season on VHS or DVD. It wasn't great, but had a nice recap of the season. I lost my copy in Katrina.

It would be nice if they could put together another, more in depth, with the commentary that TG and Ken B are giving.

I would buy it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:02 pm 
Cornerstone

sprout1550 wrote:
Tulane also put out a highlight video of the perfect season on VHS or DVD. It wasn't great, but had a nice recap of the season. I lost my copy in Katrina.

It would be nice if they could put together another, more in depth, with the commentary that TG and Ken B are giving.

I would buy it.

Same here. I bought the VHS tape, but my player broke, so I can't play it any more. If it were re-released in a modern format, I'd buy it again.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:47 pm 
Regent's Circle

Roller wrote:
sprout1550 wrote:

I would buy it.

Same here. I bought the VHS tape, but my player broke, so I can't play it any more. If it were re-released in a modern format, I'd buy it again.

Certainly seems like the perfect time to do so....

(and, yes, I'ld buy it again, too)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:49 pm 
Emerald Circle

sprout1550 wrote:

I would buy it.

I caught a CDRom from a rider in a truck parade the following year with game by game highlights with Kenny’s calls.

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:47 pm 
Emerald Circle

Roller wrote:
sprout1550 wrote:

I would buy it.

I have the VHS tape and a gadget to convert it to DVD but haven't gotten around to it yet. That tape is on top of the stack, 1st to get converted... But I haven't done it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:15 pm 
Navigator Level

GretnaGrn wrote:
Roller wrote:
sprout1550 wrote:

I would buy it.

No doubt. They need to get that done. This is the most interest we’ve had from our fan base in a loooong time.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:13 pm 
President's Circle

wavedom wrote:
GretnaGrn wrote:
Roller wrote:
sprout1550 wrote:

I would buy it.

No doubt. They need to get that done. This is the most interest we’ve had from our fan base in a loooong time.

A more modern format like downloadable/streamable would be good

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:22 pm 
Breaker Level

We just released our new episode in the Perfect Wave documentary, covering the first four games from the road trip to Cincy to Southern Miss.

One of my favorites from the series, for sure. You can listen here or download on any podcast app if you'd like to check it out:

https://soundcloud.com/user-774038550/t ... pter-three