Wave Offense - analysis

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
RI WAVE
Navigator Level

Wave Offense - analysis

Post by RI WAVE »

Fritz’s style O has been explained before but this one really started to help me “get it”. Maybe it will help others, plus some cool replays against OKlahoma.

https://www.bloggersodear.com/2018/8/23 ... -acc-deacs

Great way to get pumped for the season opener as well.

Roll Wave
Private Joker
Coach Level

Re: Wave Offense - analysis

Post by Private Joker »

Fun read. Thanks.

I'll probably be at the Brown-Cornell game this year, by the way.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

Kinda gives you hope for even the OSU game, doesn't it?
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Post by WaveProf »

PeteRasche wrote:Kinda gives you hope for even the OSU game, doesn't it?
We outplayed Oklahoma for the better part of a half with a backup q.v. that could barely throw.
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

WaveProf wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:Kinda gives you hope for even the OSU game, doesn't it?
We outplayed Oklahoma for the better part of a half with a backup q.v. that could barely throw.
Which is what I said in the OSU thread...
Poseidon
Regent's Circle

Post by Poseidon »

While I agree with the above sentiments, Oklahoma gave up 30 or more points 6 times last year. Their defense was pedestrian. They didn't punt against us until the 4th quarter if remember correctly. They were in control of the game because we couldnt stop them. If we are going to compete against OSU we need to play some D.
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM
Honorable mention - Navy
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Post by WaveProf »

Poseidon wrote:While I agree with the above sentiments, Oklahoma gave up 30 or more points 6 times last year. Their defense was pedestrian. They didn't punt against us until the 4th quarter if remember correctly. They were in control of the game because we couldnt stop them. If we are going to compete against OSU we need to play some D.
Agreed

And I never said I thought we were going to win fwiw. But if we play as well against OSU as we did Oklahoma, I'll be proud.
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
DrHullabaloo
Navigator Level

Post by DrHullabaloo »

Overall, I love this article and it's a good read.

These two sentences, however, are absolutely killing me.

"It sounds cliché, but there their is a reason the experts bring it up so often much when covering option teams. In order to successfully stop the option, each player has to know who their responsibility is on the offense is."

This writer is from Wake Forest?
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

DrHullabaloo wrote:Overall, I love this article and it's a good read.

"It sounds cliché, but there their is a reason the experts bring it up so often much when covering option teams. In order to successfully stop the option, each player has to know who their responsibility is on the offense is."

The "their" is the only unforgivable error there. The rest are pretty much commonplace at this point, especially considering that it's a "blog" site, which, I'm guessing, doesn't have much editorial oversite. As for accent marks, don't even get me started on the "debate" over Kike Hernandez's name.
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

gerryb323 wrote:

The "their" is the only unforgivable error there. The rest are pretty much commonplace at this point, especially considering that it's a "blog" site, which, I'm guessing, doesn't have much editorial oversite. As for accent marks, don't even get me started on the "debate" over Kike Hernandez's name.
Heck, my jaw tightens every time I hear or see “graduate high school/college”. You graduate from an institution but the incorrect usage is so commonplace now that I have stopped correcting people.
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
Roller
Cornerstone

Post by Roller »

TUPF wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:

Heck, my jaw tightens every time I hear or see “graduate high school/college”. You graduate from an institution but the incorrect usage is so commonplace now that I have stopped correcting people.
YES!
That, and the way people use "myself" as the object of a second- or third-person action.

My personal biggest pet peeves. I hear those so often, that I'm surprised I haven't ground my teeth completely away.
RI WAVE
Navigator Level

Post by RI WAVE »

Poseidon wrote:While I agree with the above sentiments, Oklahoma gave up 30 or more points 6 times last year. Their defense was pedestrian. They didn't punt against us until the 4th quarter if remember correctly. They were in control of the game because we couldnt stop them. If we are going to compete against OSU we need to play some D.

So, with Kennedy back and a host of other folks playing their positions for a couple of years, indications that the team is working out all summer and getting bigger, and the fact that the coaches know they have to improve on D - can't we hope for a break out year on D in 2019? HOPE is eternal before the first game, I know! But my money is on the fact that we should see some drastic improvement on D (Faster and more in tune with the scheme, better athletes) - and O Line will improve. If that happens expect TU to surprise a few folks! Maybe not OSU, (but I will be there). But certainly Wake F. is a real possibility. 28% chance to win is based upon our history. Not based upon the work done since last year by the team and this staff. In a few days, all the ?'s will be answered.
Last edited by RI WAVE on Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

RI WAVE wrote:

So, with Kennedy back and a host of other folks playing their positions for a couple of years, indications that the team is working out all summer and getting bigger, and the fact that the coaches know they have to improve on D - can't we hope for a break out year on D in 2019. HOPE is eternal before the first game, I know! But my money is on the fact that we should see some drastic improvement on D (Faster and more in tune with the scheme, better athletes) - and O Line will improve! If that happens expect us to surprise a few folks! Maybe not OSU, (but I will be there). But certainly WF is a real possibility. 28% chance to win based upon our history, not the work done since last year by the team and this staff. in a few days, all the ?'s will be answered.
2019?!
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
RI WAVE
Navigator Level

Post by RI WAVE »

Yup - 2018 is my intent. I suspect we will see a major change for the better, from last year.