Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:44 am 
Emerald Circle

WaveProf wrote:
Still haven’t gotten my tickets. Called yesterday and they were mailed when everybody else’s were. They said they have a lot of people, most of them in New Orleans, who still haven’t gotten their tickets. They think it was something with the New Orleans mail. They said not to call or panic until Thursday after your mail delivery

Wait, you mean business in New Orleans moves slowly? No! 8)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:49 am 
Regent's Circle

WaveProf wrote:
Still haven’t gotten my tickets. Called yesterday and they were mailed when everybody else’s were. They said they have a lot of people, most of them in New Orleans, who still haven’t gotten their tickets. They think it was something with the New Orleans mail. They said not to call or panic until Thursday after your mail delivery

I totally understand your frustration/anger/worry, or any other similar emotion. I called last Thursday and they told me to call back on Monday if I havn't received them by then. Well mine came on Monday. Hope yours arrive soon. :roll:

Fan since '54

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:13 am 
Coach Level

Just noticed I was issued two parking passes for SMU and none for ECU. Double check your treasure men.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:56 am 
Emerald Circle

Fan Since '54 wrote:
WaveProf wrote:

I totally understand your frustration/anger/worry, or any other similar emotion. I called last Thursday and they told me to call back on Monday if I havn't received them by then. Well mine came on Monday. Hope yours arrive soon. :roll:

Fan since '54
I feel your pain. My folks retired to the small town of Las Vegas, New Mexico. Not that Las Vegas. Little Vegas been around since frontier days and pre-dates Sin City by a couple of hundred years. Mail seems to be delivered by horseback, or so it seems. I’d send identical letters from the East Coast to family in Little Vegas and San Diego, and Vegas would take a few days to a couple of weeks longer. Out of frustration I pulled the string and found out the town had just a few letter carriers and if Joe or Maria was sick or gone fishing, your mail would just wait.

I wouldn’t blame this on Tulane. It probably rests squarely with that ultra efficient organization called the USPS in Louisiana. Are the fish biting? :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:06 am 
Emerald Circle

I’m neither mad nor worried, just wanted to let you know in case it affected you too

At my old house if the Saints played a weekday game or preseason game I didn’t get mail :-)

“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:54 pm 
Breaker Level

As someone who is far away and doesn't have season tickets, I am surprised that they still mail them out. Most teams these days seem to do everything electronically and you can either print out your tickets or use a mobile app to get into the stadium. Would think that would be easier and save money.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:16 pm 
Navigator Level

washwave wrote:
As someone who is far away and doesn't have season tickets, I am surprised that they still mail them out. Most teams these days seem to do everything electronically and you can either print out your tickets or use a mobile app to get into the stadium. Would think that would be easier and save money.

Many season ticketholders like a ticket as it can serve as a souvenir especially in good times.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:14 pm 
Regent's Circle

Looks like the people in Westfeldt will have to deal with me for another year...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:16 pm 
Regent's Circle

So I wonder if each ticket reveals our gameday uniforms.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:34 pm 
Emerald Circle

Sophandros wrote:

With how big a deal it is now to put out uniform reveal videos each week, I doubt they are revealing them ahead of time.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:48 pm 
Regent's Circle

PeteRasche wrote:
Sophandros wrote:

With how big a deal it is now to put out uniform reveal videos each week, I doubt they are revealing them ahead of time.

Doubt they even know

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:24 pm 
Navigator Level

Sophandros wrote:
Looks like the people in Westfeldt will have to deal with me for another year...

us too!

I am sad that we will be less a couple of fan I always would seek out to say hello and chat with. I am going to miss chatting with Judy Livingston so much. and I am going to miss giving Mr. Emile a hug before the games, and a high five afterwards if we pulled out a win. Tulane is honoring Mr. Emile for the Navy game.