Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:27 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:31 am 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:54 pm
Posts: 6966
Location: Dripping Springs
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:35 am 
Offline
Regent's Circle

Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:48 am
Posts: 5838
Interesting. Block beat out Wright and Neenan is not on two deep.

Other stuff seems to have been mostly well reported.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:36 am 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:45 pm
Posts: 5702
Location: Omnipresent
Some of the other absences can be explained by injury but I'm curious as to how/why RBs shaked out like that. We've been hearing for over a year that Dauphine is the truth.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:39 am 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:54 pm
Posts: 6966
Location: Dripping Springs
1309th WAVE wrote:
Some of the other absences can be explained by injury but I'm curious as to how/why RBs shaked out like that. We've been hearing for over a year that Dauphine is the truth.

Maybe he tweaked an ankle ...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:41 am 
Offline
President's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:18 am
Posts: 4531
Location: Wichita
Charles Jones' injury looks like it will keep him out this week

_________________
#stopbunting
#nomorekicking


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:42 am 
Offline
President's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:18 am
Posts: 4531
Location: Wichita
1309th WAVE wrote:
Some of the other absences can be explained by injury but I'm curious as to how/why RBs shaked out like that. We've been hearing for over a year that Dauphine is the truth.

Deference to the guys who have been here?

_________________
#stopbunting
#nomorekicking


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:43 am 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2004 10:34 am
Posts: 24820
Location: New Orleans
Dauphine missed a couple of practices during camp but I haven’t heard it’s anything serious. Huderson will do well when he’s in there and we know what we have in Bradwell.

I’d use that new redshirt rule on our backup kickers this year.

_________________
You want experience running the entire show? You got it. You want someone young and energetic? You got it. You wanted someone with absolutely no ties to Cowen/Dickson? You got it. - TU23


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:44 am 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:45 pm
Posts: 5702
Location: Omnipresent
Baywave1 wrote:
Interesting. Block beat out Wright and Neenan is not on two deep.

Other stuff seems to have been mostly well reported.

Block was never that terrible, it was getting blocked that was his problem, and that was often more of an issue with the rest of the punt team. Inconsistent at times? Sure. The leg talent is still there.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:49 am 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:45 pm
Posts: 5702
Location: Omnipresent
gerryb323 wrote:
1309th WAVE wrote:
Some of the other absences can be explained by injury but I'm curious as to how/why RBs shaked out like that. We've been hearing for over a year that Dauphine is the truth.

Deference to the guys who have been here?

Practice reports from the past year put him in the rarefied air typically only reserved for Tanner Lee throwing at Manning Passing Academy. Regardless, whoever we plug in is going to do well for us. They all have their strengths.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:51 am 
Offline
President's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:18 am
Posts: 4531
Location: Wichita
1309th WAVE wrote:
Practice reports from the past year put him in the rarefied air typically only reserved for Tanner Lee throwing at Manning Passing Academy.

Well then sign me up for the Heisman ceremony!

_________________
#stopbunting
#nomorekicking


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:52 am 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:36 am
Posts: 18482
Location: Philadelphia, PA & Berlin, MD
1309th WAVE wrote:
Baywave1 wrote:
Interesting. Block beat out Wright and Neenan is not on two deep.

Other stuff seems to have been mostly well reported.

Block was never that terrible, it was getting blocked that was his problem, and that was often more of an issue with the rest of the punt team. Inconsistent at times? Sure. The leg talent is still there.

I still have to get the image of the unforced dropped long snap at Rutgers out of my head. Brutal.

_________________
Tulane Class of 1978 | NROTC Tulane - Submariner | Slow learner


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:54 am 
Offline
Cornerstone
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2004 8:24 am
Posts: 30024
Location: Chattanooga, TN
long green wrote:
Dauphine missed a couple of practices during camp but I haven’t heard it’s anything serious. Huderson will do well when he’s in there and we know what we have in Bradwell.

I’d use that new redshirt rule on our backup kickers this year.


Only at Tulane would someone use that sentence


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:55 am 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2004 10:34 am
Posts: 24820
Location: New Orleans
TUPF wrote:
1309th WAVE wrote:
Baywave1 wrote:
Interesting. Block beat out Wright and Neenan is not on two deep.

Other stuff seems to have been mostly well reported.

Block was never that terrible, it was getting blocked that was his problem, and that was often more of an issue with the rest of the punt team. Inconsistent at times? Sure. The leg talent is still there.

I still have to get the image of the unforced dropped long snap at Rutgers out of my head. Brutal.


That wasn’t Block. That happened the year before he got here.

_________________
You want experience running the entire show? You got it. You want someone young and energetic? You got it. You wanted someone with absolutely no ties to Cowen/Dickson? You got it. - TU23


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:58 am 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2004 10:34 am
Posts: 24820
Location: New Orleans
FW wrote:
long green wrote:
Dauphine missed a couple of practices during camp but I haven’t heard it’s anything serious. Huderson will do well when he’s in there and we know what we have in Bradwell.

I’d use that new redshirt rule on our backup kickers this year.


Only at Tulane would someone use that sentence


Or someone paying attention anywhere.

_________________
You want experience running the entire show? You got it. You want someone young and energetic? You got it. You wanted someone with absolutely no ties to Cowen/Dickson? You got it. - TU23


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:00 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:36 am
Posts: 18482
Location: Philadelphia, PA & Berlin, MD
long green wrote:
TUPF wrote:
1309th WAVE wrote:
Baywave1 wrote:
Interesting. Block beat out Wright and Neenan is not on two deep.

Other stuff seems to have been mostly well reported.

Block was never that terrible, it was getting blocked that was his problem, and that was often more of an issue with the rest of the punt team. Inconsistent at times? Sure. The leg talent is still there.

I still have to get the image of the unforced dropped long snap at Rutgers out of my head. Brutal.


That wasn’t Block. That happened the year before he got here.
Thanks. Must be the PTSD that shrouded my memory. :lol:

_________________
Tulane Class of 1978 | NROTC Tulane - Submariner | Slow learner


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:02 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:49 am
Posts: 6085
Location: Gretna, LA
1309th WAVE wrote:
Some of the other absences can be explained by injury but I'm curious as to how/why RBs shaked out like that. We've been hearing for over a year that Dauphine is the truth.

We'll use more than two RBs per game. That's the spot on the depth chart that probably matters least; a bunch of them will play no matter what.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:15 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:20 pm
Posts: 21037
Location: North Kenner
Patrick Johnson getting the nod as starting *Joker.

*Joker is a hybrid LB/DL used mostly in 3-4 defensive sets

_________________
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:42 pm 
Offline
Cornerstone
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2004 8:24 am
Posts: 30024
Location: Chattanooga, TN
waverider wrote:
Patrick Johnson getting the nod as starting *Joker.

*Joker is a hybrid LB/DL used mostly in 3-4 defensive sets


Chattanooga representing


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Fan Since '54 and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group