Good juju the 2018 season opening game vs Wake Forest

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Re: Good juju the 2018 season opening game vs Wake Forest

Post by WaveProf »

Vendetta? Is this The Godfather Part IV?
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

Fan Since '54 wrote:
ml wave wrote:
Fan Since '54 wrote:
ml wave wrote:
Fan Since '54 wrote:Actually "almost" nothing was proven. When the juju threads were there ('15) they had NOTHING to do with the outcome of any game, win or lose. When they were not there ('16 & '17) their absence had nothing to do with the outcome of any game, win or lose. The only thing that was different in those two scenarios was that YOGWF members were paranoid when they were there and ignored the fact they weren't there the last two years, when the records of the Wave were pretty much the same as in '15. And when I played a joke on the forum and posted the "Juju Joke" on the members only two replied out of 230+ views, and the paranoia returned to the two who did reply, and possibly others who didn't bother to reply. And some ask "why do you hate Tulane?" Don't quite understand that question though. Why would I have spent 10s of 1,000s of dollars going to Tulane games over the 65 years I have been going to games since 11/06/54 if I hated them? If anything, that fact has shown that my love for the Wave runs deep.

Tat being said, lets Roll Wave, Beat the Nichols St. Please.

Fan since '54
Geez man, you can't argue with facts.

2013--no juju threads, surprising 7-6 record and first bowl game since '02
2014--juju threads begin, team collapses to 3-9
2015--more juju threads, 3-9 again, CJ fired
2016--no juju threads, improvement to 4-8
2017--no juju threads, improvement again, one inch or chip shot FG from a bowl game, Fritz is first coach since Tommy Bowden to lead Tulane to an increased win total in his first two years
2018--hey, things are going too well, too much optimism about the program, let's bring back juju threads...boom, 0-1 and offense that now seems to be deathly allergic to the red zone

It's clear as day but I hope you enjoyed your "joke". The rest of us, however, are upset that we lost.
And you have to include me in the number that were upset. And probably moreso than any of you. And 65 years of being a true, loyal Tulane fan who once went 28 years at one stretch without missing a home game is seemingly lost on many of you. Come back when you reach that number.

Fan since '54
Look, I've gone 28+ years without sabotaging our football team via juju threads...you can't even go 28 games. Further, I call shenanigans on you being upset...you're the one starting these threads which cause us to lose, ergo you must not be upset.
NOT true. Period. Full stop. It is just your opinion that I have sabatoged our team via juju threads. That is only an opinion. Opinions are not hard and fast proof. You don't have any proof that B followed A, especially since the juju threads were there even when TU won games. The only word on your side in this subject is vendetta, and it is all on your side. Only one way to stop this BS. You end your vendetta right here an now or they go back up. Your choice. You have the power. And with that power comes responsibility. As it should. Your move.

Fan since '54
Lol, it is just your opinion that I have a vendetta. There are no facts to support that opinion. I, on the other hand, have laid out facts time after time (including in this very thread) showing the damage the juju threads are causing our football team. Furthermore, the very fact that you are threatening to bring them back, like some sort of modern day Sword of Damocles over our program, shows that you are aware of the damage they are causing and are willing to, premeditatedly, completely tank our best efforts on the gridiron in exchange for your demands. The defense rests, your Honor.
Fan Since '54
Regent's Circle

Post by Fan Since '54 »

You have chosen ml. And I have chosen. In this country we have the right of free speech and part of that free speech is to support to my favorite team in a way I see fit. I offered you the opportunity to discontinue the juju threads. You declined. However it is too late to post a thread this week. But before they begin again I wish to support my team for this week's game. Is that okay with you? Oh wait, I don't need your permission. And you are welcome to join in. It is your right also, should you choose to do so.

Fan since '54
"...a hellava Hullabaloo"
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

John McEnroe comes to mind: “You can’t be serious!”

All of you. :mrgreen:
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
Fan Since '54
Regent's Circle

Post by Fan Since '54 »

TUPF wrote:John McEnroe comes to mind: “You can’t be serious!”

I agree. :roll: But I am going to make a "slight" change next week, so we will see how that goes.

editing here: I guess we are trying to live up to our new image. You know...Angry Wave. :lol:

Fan since '54
Last edited by Fan Since '54 on Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

Fan Since '54 wrote:You have chosen ml. And I have chosen. In this country we have the right of free speech and part of that free speech is to support to my favorite team in a way I see fit. I offered you the opportunity to discontinue the juju threads. You declined. However it is too late to post a thread this week. But before they begin again I wish to support my team for this week's game. Is that okay with you? Oh wait, I don't need your permission. And you are welcome to join in. It is your right also, should you choose to do so.

Fan since '54
What are you talking about? You offered me the opportunity to discontinue the juju threads? In case there's any confusion here (how could there be?), there is no need to offer me that opportunity...as someone who actually wants Tulane to win football games I have long been staunchly advocating for there to be no juju threads and, as such, I would never participate in said threads and, further, hereby pledge to support Tulane football to the best of my ability which apparently now entails fighting these juju threads until my dying breath.
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

Leave the old guy alone. It’s unbecoming. 8)
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Post by GreenieBacker »

BTW, that is by far my favorite helmet combination. Goes well with either a green or blue jersey.
A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

Fan Since '54 wrote:
TUPF wrote:John McEnroe comes to mind: “You can’t be serious!”

I agree. :roll: But I am going to make a "slight" change next week, so we will see how that goes.

Fan since '54
Compromise solution: since you claim it's too late for a juju thread this week (side note, why? is there a certain amount of time it takes for the juju to take hold and make us lose?) how about we use this week's game as a barometer. If we happen to win the game, at that point it will be clear that the juju threads are the difference between losing (last week) and winning (this week) and we will all agree never to post them, discuss posting them, or even think about posting them ever again. On the other hand, if we should lose this game (shudder), then I guess more study would have to be involved to determine if even your threats of juju threads were powerful enough to cause losses. I have my own hypothesis there, but no real point in getting into that before the game.
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

TUPF wrote:Leave the old guy alone. It’s unbecoming. 8)
I mean, what's really unbecoming here is losing football games.
Fan Since '54
Regent's Circle

Post by Fan Since '54 »

First off, starting it now would not give everyone a chance to take part if they wanted. I already offered you a compromise, or better yet, a solution. You turned it down. Why should I do otherwise? Besides I already said there would be a slight change. And the next change opportunity is next week's game. You will find out what that change is on Sunday or Monday. And lest we forget, this thread was a joke, but you didn't seem to understand that, or want to understand that. Peace.

Fan since '54
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

It's amazing how long this has gone on
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Post by WaveProf »

It's truly amazing how the only person who doesn't get the joke, or know it's a joke, is the same person telling everyone else that the thread is a joke.
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
MattK
President's Circle

Post by MattK »

WaveProf wrote:It's truly amazing how the only person who doesn't get the joke, or know it's a joke, is the same person telling everyone else that the thread is a joke.
Or 54 is doing the greatest trolling job in history
Fan Since '54
Regent's Circle

Post by Fan Since '54 »

WaveProf wrote:It's truly amazing how the only person who doesn't get the joke, or know it's a joke, is the same person telling everyone else that the thread is a joke.

Go back and read some of those from '15. There was a lot of venom (visible and not visible) in those threads. And if you change one letter in the last word of the last sentence you might understand better.

'54
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Post by WaveProf »

There was never any for-real venom
Fan Since '54
Regent's Circle

Post by Fan Since '54 »

MattK wrote:
Or 54 is doing the greatest trolling job in history

Not my field of expertise Matt. :roll:

Fan since '54
Fan Since '54
Regent's Circle

Post by Fan Since '54 »

WaveProf wrote:There was never any for-real venom
Well, for some true. From others, not true.

'54
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

Fan Since '54 wrote:
WaveProf wrote:There was never any for-real venom
Well, for some true. From others, not true.

'54
I think you just have a broken joke-meter
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Post by WaveProf »

Some may have joked harder/harsher than you think appropriate, and I guess that could = venom. But there has never been a single person on here who legitimately thought your threads impacted anything. They all, in their minds, were joking. The fact that you never realized it is why they kept doubling down.
MattK
President's Circle

Post by MattK »

WaveProf wrote:Some may have joked harder/harsher than you think appropriate, and I guess that could = venom. But there has never been a single person on here who legitimately thought your threads impacted anything. They all, in their minds, were joking. The fact that you never realized it is why they kept doubling down.
FS '54 looks fantastic for his age:

gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

WaveProf wrote:Some may have joked harder/harsher than you think appropriate, and I guess that could = venom. But there has never been a single person on here who legitimately thought your threads impacted anything. They all, in their minds, were joking. The fact that you never realized it is why they kept doubling down.
I think it's been clearly proven on this thread that the juju threads have negatively impacted the teams directly
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

gerryb323 wrote:
I think it's been clearly proven on this thread that the juju threads have negatively impacted the teams directly
This and many others...
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

Fan Since '54 wrote:First off, starting it now would not give everyone a chance to take part if they wanted. I already offered you a compromise, or better yet, a solution. You turned it down. Why should I do otherwise? Besides I already said there would be a slight change. And the next change opportunity is next week's game. You will find out what that change is on Sunday or Monday. And lest we forget, this thread was a joke, but you didn't seem to understand that, or want to understand that. Peace.

Fan since '54
As best I understand it, the "solution" you offered was to end my "vendetta"...I don't see where I turned that down. Also, I reject out of hand that I have any vendetta other than hoping Tulane University wins football games. If that is your so-called vendetta than so be it.
Fan Since '54
Regent's Circle

Post by Fan Since '54 »

ml, do you even realize that you are in this thread and you think it is a juju thread right. Then you lied in this thread. I quote: "...I would never participate in said threads." Yet you are here you are participating. :roll:

Fan since '54

As I said, there will be slight changes come Sunday or Monday. And you are still welcome to participate.