Gratuitous uniform thread 2018...

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Re: Gratuitous uniform thread 2018...

Post by PeteRasche »

UAB covers the entire end zone areas with tarps with CUSA logos. That appears to be that area in the back left. So, yeah, that's probably an actual game.

I understand they are supposedly getting better attendance since the rebirth but if you've been to a UAB game back before that, the picture isn't surprising. Remember the shots of Tulane in an empty dome? Same size stadium, just not indoors...
Poseidon
Regent's Circle

Post by Poseidon »

Poseidon wrote:
tulaneoutlaw wrote:
ml wave wrote:Between the pants and the stands, it's unclear if the middle picture is from a real game or some sort of spring scrimmage.
There are orange clad cheerleaders in the back ground. Maybe a game against UTEP, a school that wouldn't travel well to Birmingham? It's a weird looking picture to be sure.
Utep it is Image
Just reposting new page Pete seemed to have missed it.
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM
Honorable mention - Navy
Poseidon
Regent's Circle

Post by Poseidon »

Yeah apparently all of the UAB fans sit on one side. The same side of the Camera so it looks emmmmpty.
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM
Honorable mention - Navy
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

That's at least how it used to be. All UAB fans on the press box side. That's why I was saying earlier that despite apparent increased attendance by their fans, Tulane fans should have no problem finding seats.
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Post by WaveProf »

PeteRasche wrote:That's at least how it used to be. All UAB fans on the press box side. That's why I was saying earlier that despite apparent increased attendance by their fans, Tulane fans should have no problem finding seats.
Why not do the opposite so that it looks good on TV?
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
GretnaGrn
Regent's Circle

Post by GretnaGrn »

WaveProf wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:That's at least how it used to be. All UAB fans on the press box side. That's why I was saying earlier that despite apparent increased attendance by their fans, Tulane fans should have no problem finding seats.
Why not do the opposite so that it looks good on TV?
You assume the seats on the other side don't have gaping holes or nails sticking out.

It's been a long time, but UAB's stadium was the worst I've ever visited, by a large margin, years ago.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

Actually I suspect it's because it's an antiquated stadium and all the TV cables are run to one side and it is cost-prohibitive to run them around to the other side when UAB isn't even staying there much longer. In the glory years when that stadium was getting more use, it was hosting Alabama or Auburn (or the Iron Bowl itself) and there was no consideration for which side held more fans and looked better on TV.
sr
Regent's Circle

Post by sr »

GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Post by GreenieBacker »

at least we'll look good while we're getting our head handed to us. I like that combination.
A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.
charlamange8
Navigator Level

Post by charlamange8 »

Charles
"Wisdom and the Sword"
1998 C-USA Champions
"Victory is reserved for those who are willing to pay it's price." - Sun Tzu
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

TU Football tweeted this out with the caption, “Look good. Feel good. Play good”

Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

waverider wrote:TU Football tweeted this out with the caption, “Look good. Feel good. Play good”

Now let's just not do something stupid like NOT wearing the helmets this week. 8)
sr
Regent's Circle

Post by sr »

Looks like white jerseys w/blue pants white helmet - for Cincy

https://twitter.com/GreenWaveFB/status/ ... 62336?s=20
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

sr wrote:Looks like white jerseys w/blue pants white helmet - for Cincy

I think the white shirts with blue pants is a good look.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

waverider wrote:
sr wrote:Looks like white jerseys w/blue pants white helmet - for Cincy

I think the white shirts with blue pants is a good look.
If you want us too look like the drawing room of a Parisian bordello.
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

I am dumbfounded that, a week after the entire sports world was blown away by the Wumbo Wave helmets, and we played a great game while wearing them, that we are not wearing them this week. That's like a musician releasing an album, having it go straight to number one with 5 top ten singles, and then going on tour and only playing songs from the previous album which hadn't made the hot 100.

Dannen will be at the tailgate. I will harass him about this marketing fail.
Poseidon
Regent's Circle

Post by Poseidon »

PeteRasche wrote:I am dumbfounded that, a week after the entire sports world was blown away by the Wumbo Wave helmets, and we played a great game while wearing them, that we are not wearing them this week. That's like a musician releasing an album, having it go straight to number one with 5 top ten singles, and then going on tour and only playing songs from the previous album which hadn't made the hot 100.

Dannen will be at the tailgate. I will harass him about this marketing fail.
They left the white helmets in storage in Ohio????? I got nothing else.
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM
Honorable mention - Navy
DrHullabaloo
Navigator Level

Post by DrHullabaloo »

How. What. Why are we mothballing the lucky helmets!
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Post by WaveProf »

This week's look is a fine away look. Yawn. Not one of our better, not one of our worst.

I am glad we aren't sticking with last week's helmets. We've spent too much time invested in branding the angry wave on the side, to just ditch it. Use last week's helmet a few times a season (maybe with an all green uniform??) but don't suddenly go from 'never used' to twice in a row
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

WaveProf wrote:This week's look is a fine away look. Yawn. Not one of our better, not one of our worst.

I am glad we aren't sticking with last week's helmets. We've spent too much time invested in branding the angry wave on the side, to just ditch it. Use last week's helmet a few times a season (maybe with an all green uniform??) but don't suddenly go from 'never used' to twice in a row
Agree on both. Maybe twice a year tops. I wonder if wumbo makes an appearance on basketball jerseys or baseball hats...
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

You are both wrong. 8)

It's STILL the angry wave. Just... Wumbo (not my term, this is what Tulane equipment is calling it).... https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=wumbo

We are trying incarnations of our uniform and helmet using the angry wave logo. We found one that 99% of folks love (and most importantly, outsiders, who gave it props on many national broadcasts, which recruits see). We played our best game in years while wearing it. And then we don't use it the next week in a huge game?!? If we play like we did against Cincinnati last year (or even UAB) and drop a big stinking hot one tomorrow, this will share some of the blame.
RI WAVE
Navigator Level

Post by RI WAVE »

Given that the weather is suppose to reach 86 degrees tomorrow - white is a great choice. I loved the helmet last week! love the W more. Great for PR, notoriety and getting some attention for a program that has been in the doldrums for years, is just great work by the athletic department! In the past we have heard such negativity toward the AD, lets give them some serious credit for making "waves" nationally for a program that is just finding its way. bring it back for SMU - they deserve a smack down!
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

But if you use it all the time, it Will wear out its welcome. Keep it a novelty and make news when we use it every year. The regular angry wave is awesome on its own.
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

gerryb323 wrote:But if you use it all the time, it Will wear out its welcome. Keep it a novelty and make news when we use it every year. The regular angry wave is awesome on its own.
Agreed. The 1.0 angry wave on helmets got all the same props and national attention when we started wearing it. Now it's old hat (no pun intended). Plus, if we don't play well at Cincy we all know it's '54's fault anyway.
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

WaveProf wrote:This week's look is a fine away look. Yawn. Not one of our better, not one of our worst.

Um um there was a jumbo angry wave daresay a wumbo on the helemt last week
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count