Well, we won

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Well, we won

Post by OGSB »

Still a lot to work on. Actually, the same old things but Tulane wins, 42-17.
Victory is never permanent
windywave
Emerald Circle

Re: Well, we won

Post by windywave »

yay

:dots:
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
sr
Regent's Circle

Post by sr »

Break out a nice Cab and enjoy the win ….
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Post by OGSB »

windywave wrote:yay

:dots:
Yeah.
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Post by OGSB »

Tulane finishes with 458 yards of offense vs 415. TOP was essentially equal, 29:32 for TU, 30:28 for Nicholls. Tulane has 9 penalties for 78 yards. I’d be interested how many of those were of the ‘bailout’ variety. Too many.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

Dauphine 6 carries, 152 yards, 3 TDs.
Huderson 7 carries, 21 yards.
:? :? :?
Maybe we're saving Mr. Dauphine for Ohio State?

We seriously need to work on "Don't let the Wave beat the Wave". That mantra has been an utter failure thus far.

On another note, we heard so much from the announcers about how Banks spent the offseason working on the fundamentals, but it seems he should have been watching film and working on reads and decision making. He wasn't the greatest decision maker last year but he seems to have regressed this year.

Nonetheless, we're one sixth of the way to a bowl game. So, yay.

Coming into the season I thought we'd be 2-0 at this point and would stomp UAB. After what I've seen, next week is a complete mystery to me. A blowout win, blowout loss, close win, or close loss, none would surprise me.
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

Here's where yogwf forgets Dauphine has been banged up much of the time he's been here, including fall camp.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
MattK
President's Circle

Post by MattK »

I honestly thought Dauphine must have hurt himself on the second TD run because he didn't even get on the field again before half. Then he got more carries in the second half.
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Post by OGSB »

3rd down efficiency was ok, 5-8 for Tulane, 3-10 for Nicholls. Nicholls was 0-1 on 4th down. Tulane 0-0.
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

UAB got destroyed by Coastal Carolina today
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Post by OGSB »

gerryb323 wrote:UAB got destroyed by Coastal Carolina today
Hadn’t heard a thing about them. 20 4th quarter points for the Chanticleers. UAB shutout in the 2nd half.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

gerryb323 wrote:UAB got destroyed by Coastal Carolina today
Yeah, I saw that after what I wrote above and was gonna come back and maybe walk back my insecurity... 8)
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

I wouldn't, yet. UAB got handled by a bad Ball St team last year before pulling things together.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
sr
Regent's Circle

Post by sr »

Tulane had better offensive efforts than Georgia and A&M against NSU. Sure many breakdowns, but 42 points in a not great executed game - I'll take. Roll Wave !!
Last edited by sr on Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
visualmagic
President's Circle

Post by visualmagic »

long green wrote:Here's where yogwf forgets Dauphine has been banged up much of the time he's been here, including fall camp.
He’s going to have to be able to give us more than 5 carries a game. 6 was enough against Nicholls but he should have gotten more against Wake Forest. A few more carries may have been the difference between winning and losing that one.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

sr wrote:Tulane had better offensive efforts than Georgia and A&M against NSU. Sure many breakdowns, but 42 points in a not great executed game - I'll take. Roll Wave !!
Different year, different personnel.
sr
Regent's Circle

Post by sr »

PeteRasche wrote:
sr wrote:Tulane had better offensive efforts than Georgia and A&M against NSU. Sure many breakdowns, but 42 points in a not great executed game - I'll take. Roll Wave !!
Getting picky again.
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Post by OGSB »

I was thinking, that’s a moral victory I can get behind. We win 42-17 and nobody’s overly happy.

Yes!
sr
Regent's Circle

Post by sr »

So Dauphine yards-per-carry just missed the Tulane record set my Claude 'Boo' Mason in 1956. Corey had 25+ and Boo had 26+
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

sr wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:
Getting picky again.
It's picky to compare performances of college teams from one year to the next when they change significant personnel every year? This isn't the NFL where many of the same guys are still there yearly. I mean, I personally think if we had last year's roster, we'd have beaten Wake Forest, but Parry Nickerson is gone now so they completed passes like we weren't covering them. Not being picky, I just don't see that as a legit basis for a moral victory.
sr
Regent's Circle

Post by sr »

PeteRasche wrote:
sr wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:
Getting picky again.
It's picky to compare performances of college teams from one year to the next when they change significant personnel every year? This isn't the NFL where many of the same guys are still there yearly. I mean, I personally think if we had last year's roster, we'd have beaten Wake Forest, but Parry Nickerson is gone now so they completed passes like we weren't covering them. Not being picky, I just don't see that as a legit basis for a moral victory.
Give it a break, big guy. Must everything be exact, measured, tested and over specified in your world. Realize your an engineer with a JD - but just let it go once and awhile. Peace.
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

Wake threw for a lot of yards but the coverage wasn't that bad, by which I mean that I'm thinking of last year's many busts. But what do I know, watching the games in person.
Wavery
Navigator Level

Post by Wavery »

MattK wrote:I honestly thought Dauphine must have hurt himself on the second TD run because he didn't even get on the field again before half. Then he got more carries in the second half.
Dauphine walked out of stadium to locker room for all of 2nd quarter.

Fritz mentioned this in post game and was clearly not happy.
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

Wavery wrote:
MattK wrote:I honestly thought Dauphine must have hurt himself on the second TD run because he didn't even get on the field again before half. Then he got more carries in the second half.
Dauphine walked out of stadium to locker room for all of 2nd quarter.

Fritz mentioned this in post game and was clearly not happy.
Guerry S just tweeted that Dauphine said he was dehydrated because he's not yet in football shape.
wavedom
Regent's Circle

Post by wavedom »

Well if he didn't get hurt every time someone comes near him he'd practice more and be in shape. No doubt he's a talent but he has to toughen up.
We deserve so much better