Well, we won

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
long green
Cornerstone

Re: Well, we won

Post by long green »

Let's not go too far down this road.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
GSx
Emerald Circle

Post by GSx »

Coming into the year, the secondary figured to be an improved unit, despite the Nickerson's graduation - and it is. It's deeper and more solid across the board.
The question, which remains open, is the Offensive Line.
UAB is obviously a must win.
sr
Regent's Circle

Post by sr »

Wandering Quaker
President's Circle

Post by Wandering Quaker »

OL appears to have regressed. Losing Diaz is probably a bigger blow than it should have been for a program in year 3. Lots of jailbreaks on passing plays. Not good.

Secondary does appear to cover consistently this year. But without sacks and hard hits on QB's, I'm afraid were going to see a lot of teams move at will. By
Better ones will score more.

I'm really happy I don't have anything to write about special teams.
sr
Regent's Circle

Post by sr »

wavedom
Regent's Circle

Post by wavedom »

GSx wrote:Coming into the year, the secondary figured to be an improved unit, despite the Nickerson's graduation - and it is. It's deeper and more solid across the board.
The question, which remains open, is the Offensive Line.
UAB is obviously a must win.
The secondary is awful. Open receivers have been unlimited. The D needs a lot of work. Of course the O-Line continues to be a major issue. As you've said many times the staff is too insular.
We deserve so much better
Wave Revival
Navigator Level

Post by Wave Revival »

Dauphine was spectacular! Mooney is also an awesome receiver. He takes some serious shots, but holds onto the ball.

Bank’s fumble before the half was costly, fifth year senior needs to make better decisions. He forced the issue on that play and should have taken the sack. He has to clean things up against better competition.

On defense, I’m concerned about how much open space there is in the middle of the field. On Nicholls last TD Run it was wide open down the middle. Where were the linebackers?

We took care business and won the game going away, like we should against an FCS opponent.
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

Nice win before a nice crowd. (Thanks NSU for traveling to support your team.) Tulane won comfortably as it should against any FCS competition even ranked ones like NSU.. Too many penalties though. What's the deal with that?

Meanwhile Tulane did try one swing/screen pass to an RB and even threw twice (?) to tight ends with one very short completion.

Obviously it would only help offense if Tulane could give Dauphine 12-15 touches a game. However if he was dehydraded this week, just wait until UAB game is played in Birmingham at noon. Very early game forecast is sunny day with a high of 93 degrees. Yikes!

Fourcade is a smallish guy with an average arm who plays bigger and better than his apparent natural talent. He seems to have really good football instincts. I would not be surprised if NSU does do very well nationally in FCS with him at QB. I know it's all moot and idle speculation but I think he could have played effectively in Fritz's system if he had walked on at Tulane. Just my guess.
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

Baywave1 wrote:I know it's all moot and idle speculation but I think he could have played effectively in Fritz's system if he had walked on at Tulane. Just my guess.
Just stop that now
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

Game highlights
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Post by OGSB »

The view from Thibodaux:

Tulane rolls past Nicholls, 42-17
Victory is never permanent
G-wave
Navigator Level

Post by G-wave »

Dauphine could be the key to this Off. He has that quick first step hits top speed and the vision to see the hole. The OL doesn't have to hold blocks as long but this still doesn't help pass blocking. We keep the TE and RB in and still they get to Banks.
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

Injury report on the squished Nicholls cheerleader?
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Post by OGSB »

sr
Regent's Circle

Post by sr »

TUPF wrote:Injury report on the squished Nicholls cheerleader?
From noladave -
I was partially blocked by the goalpost. I do have a picture of 2 Nicholls cheerleaders that look like they are going to stop him, and I guess they didn’t. I was worried about her - she sat of the field for a while.
noladave
Regent's Circle

Post by noladave »

I posted the 4 picture sequence, and as I said, the goalpost partially blocked my view. One of the young women appears to have taken a shot to the mouth and shoulder area. She sat on the sidelines for a while, and the medics came over to take a look at her. Since she stayed on the field, it did not appear as serious as 1st thought.

https://twitter.com/ScroogeDaddy/status ... 8001729537
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

noladave wrote:I posted the 4 picture sequence, and as I said, the goalpost partially blocked my view. One of the young women appears to have taken a shot to the mouth and shoulder area. She sat on the sidelines for a while, and the medics came over to take a look at her. Since she stayed on the field, it did not appear as serious as 1st thought.
https://twitter.com/ScroogeDaddy/status ... 8001729537
You can see her get hit if you watch the highlight video above. Dauphine's third TD.
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Post by WaveProf »

Baywave1 wrote: . I know it's all moot and idle speculation but I think he could have played effectively in Fritz's system if he had walked on at Tulane. Just my guess.
That was never in question. Lots of quarterbacks playing FCS football would be good enough to walk on at our school as a back up, and he would probably fit our system better than most. But I saw nothing to make me think he would ever really play here except for in emergencies, so why would we waste time recruiting him and why would he waste 56k a year to ride the pine?
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Post by WaveProf »

We looked undisciplined last night. Too many personal foul penalties and most of them were legit. Not good tonto.

And a bigger problem than Dauphines health limiting his touches Is the fact that he only even goes on the field when he’s going to carry it. It’s really predictable. If he’s out there we are handing off. It didn’t matter when we dominated the talent gap against Nichols, but…
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Post by OGSB »

TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

WaveProf wrote:And a bigger problem than Dauphines health limiting his touches Is the fact that he only even goes on the field when he’s going to carry it. It’s really predictable. If he’s out there we are handing off. It didn’t matter when we dominated the talent gap against Nichols, but…
Maybe it’s like when Michael Jordan stepped on the court back in the day—will he get 30 or 40 even though everyone knows where the ball is going. Last night was lightning in a bottle with Dauphine but if the staff believes he’s made of porcelain you don’t want to waste his few appearances on staying home to block. When I saw the field level cameras I was surprised how slight Dauphine is. So yes, he’s getting the ball when he’s in and daring the D to stop him.
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

there are a lot of people who don't come on this forum... even more who just generally despise their fellow Tulane fans.. all over shiat like this.

We won the game.. but there is nothing but complaining and doom and gloom.

Way to celebrate a win, guys. You're all awesome.
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Post by WaveProf »

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: