Gameweek Overview if our Opponent Week III (UAB)

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Re: Gameweek Overview if our Opponent Week III (UAB)

Post by WaveProf »

GB it may seem captain obvious on the surface, but I wouldn’t actively “expect” a radical increase of touches. Whether it is concern for injuries, missed practice time, or conditioning, it’s clear that Fitz Is really limiting touches and I don’t see that just ending overnight. Especially with a noon game in Alabama in mid September. Right wrong or indifferent, it seems to be the situation

It’s possible he’ll get a lot more touches but a better educated guess is that the best we can probably hope for is incremental from week to week. For now I’ll settle with him just being on the field a bit more so it isnt so obvious when he’s going to get a touch. 8 carries and 15 total snaps on the field would be massive improvement
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
JDTulane
President's Circle

Post by JDTulane »

Roll wave, beat UAB!
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Post by OGSB »

tulaneoutlaw wrote:A fair analysis from SBNation. You have to think we try and make their QB beat us through the air. If the D line can play disciplined and our DBs can make some plays we stand a good chance of limiting their offense.

On offense we really need to see the O-line begin to assert themselves. Nicholls last week wasn't a great test and the week before we struggled to run the ball against Wake. This would be a good time to get the ground game going against FBS competition.
Speaking of, Wake trails BC early 4th 34-24. BC has 194 yards rushing, 458 total.
Victory is never permanent
tulaneoutlaw
Regent's Circle

Post by tulaneoutlaw »

OGSB wrote:
tulaneoutlaw wrote:A fair analysis from SBNation. You have to think we try and make their QB beat us through the air. If the D line can play disciplined and our DBs can make some plays we stand a good chance of limiting their offense.

On offense we really need to see the O-line begin to assert themselves. Nicholls last week wasn't a great test and the week before we struggled to run the ball against Wake. This would be a good time to get the ground game going against FBS competition.
Speaking of, Wake trails BC early 4th 34-24. BC has 194 yards rushing, 458 total.
Yep. BC has a great offensive line and a Heisman level rb in AJ Dillon, but still the point is well taken.
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Post by OGSB »

tulaneoutlaw wrote:
OGSB wrote:

Yep. BC has a great offensive line and a Heisman level rb in AJ Dillon, but still the point is well taken.
Can’t say I know anything about them. They’re probably going to win though and be 3-0. 41-27 with 2 minutes left. They’ve rushed for 235 yards and 539 total.
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Post by WaveProf »

From Tom Fornelli at CBS:

Tulane (-4) at UAB: I've been on the Tulane Train since I began doing preview work on the 2018 season in the spring, and I'm not about to hop off now. While Tulane is only 1-1 on the season, it has gone 2-0 ATS, covering as a seven-point dog against Wake Forest and easily covering against a Nicholls State team that beat Kansas. Tulane 34, UAB 27
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
IM42lane
Breaker Level

Post by IM42lane »

JUST WIN! Tulane does not want to start the season with a 1-3 record!
A.S. Madere ("Pete")
2005 Dennis Drive
Hammond, LA 70401-1519

Email: IM42lane@yahoo.com
Rotorooter
President's Circle

Post by Rotorooter »

tulaneoutlaw wrote:
OGSB wrote:

Look, Dillon is a BEAST. I still think we should have beaten Wake, and I don't think they'll be any better than a 7-5 or 6-6 team in the ACC. But they ain't fodder. Interesting that the CBS guy likes us, but we still have to play each game and not be f#ckups. Outside of OSU, our toughest game will be Memphis. That will be our test. With Navy having beaten them, that will tell us alot about our program.

Meanwhile, beat UAB, then we'll worry about everyone else.
Plan your work, work your plan.
Coach Level

Post by 1401973 »

Rotorooter wrote:
Look, Dillon is a BEAST. I still think we should have beaten Wake, and I don't think they'll be any better than a 7-5 or 6-6 team in the ACC. But they ain't fodder. Interesting that the CBS guy likes us, but we still have to play each game and not be f#ckups. Outside of OSU, our toughest game will be Memphis. That will be our test. With Navy having beaten them, that will tell us alot about our program.

Meanwhile, beat UAB, then we'll worry about everyone else.
Yes on all counts. The Wake loss was a miss.
Ball$ to the wall Sat.
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Post by WaveProf »

You think the TP coverage of TU is bad.....

Just searched the Birmingham paper and in the 75 most recently published sports stories, not a one about UAB. Tons of Bama and Auburn. A couple about U of South Alabama. Nothing on UAB since the gameday "things to know" article from the morning of their last gave (vs Coastal Carolina)
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

Yeah, basically, imagine being Tulane in a state with TWO LSUs.

Although they do get a bit of coverage in the winter during basketball season because UAB is often as good, if not better, than their two state behemoths.
Private Joker
Coach Level

Post by Private Joker »

IM42lane wrote: JUST WIN! Tulane does not want to start the season with a 1-3 record!
You're making a presumption about our 4th game that I do not. Now if you'll excuse me, I'll have another whiskey.
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Post by WaveProf »

OGSB
Emerald Circle

Post by OGSB »

WaveProf wrote:UAB looking for answers:

https://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/201 ... bile_index
55 comments when I clicked.
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Post by WaveProf »

The link is to the article not the comments, I just checked it. Unless my computer is doing something weird?

A decent breakdown, and the most interesting thing (to me): uab won every game after a loss last year
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Post by OGSB »

WaveProf wrote:The link is to the article not the comments, I just checked it. Unless my computer is doing something weird?

A decent breakdown, and the most interesting thing (to me): uab won every game after a loss last year
At the bottom it says how many comments there are. How many does a typical Tulane TP story get? 3?
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

WaveProf wrote:A decent breakdown, and the most interesting thing (to me): uab won every game after a loss last year
They didn't exactly play a murderer's row of opponents after their losses (only decent win was USM by 7... the others were Coastal Carolina by 7, LA Tech by 1, and UTEP in a quasi-blowout). And honestly, their losses were not exactly to a murderer's row, either (Ball State, North Texas, Charlotte, Florida). It's fair to say last week was a worse loss than any they had last year.

In honesty, we should win this game comfortably. But the times Tulane has won "should win comfortably" games, PERIOD (much less comfortably) are very few and very far between.
sprout1550
Coach Level

Post by sprout1550 »

Yep,we still suck