Good vibrations for game 3...UAB

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
Fan Since '54
Regent's Circle

Good vibrations for game 3...UAB

Post by Fan Since '54 »

Tulane travels to Birmingham this weekend for their first road game of the year to do battle on the gridiron with an old, yet reborn foe UAB. For those of you who are going to the game or just watching from where you are let's Roll Wave...Beat the Blazers.

And for this week we celebrate the newly retired #18 with a picture from a few years ago when every player wore his number on their helmets.

Lets support him and the Wave as they battle for a win in Legion Field. (BTW, a new stadium is set to be ready for UAB in 2021).

Fan since '54
"...a hellava Hullabaloo"
Roller
Cornerstone

Re: Good vibrations for game 3...UAB

Post by Roller »

The schedule says that the game will be televised on Facebook. There are several Facebook pages dedicated to Tulane and to the American Conference. Does anyone know specifically which page will be streaming the game?
MattK
President's Circle

Post by MattK »

I don't know, but probably a C-USA facebook page since UAB is the home team.

I guess I need to put a facebook app on my TV
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

Roller wrote:The schedule says that the game will be televised on Facebook. There are several Facebook pages dedicated to Tulane and to the American Conference. Does anyone know specifically which page will be streaming the game?
my guess is the UAB FB page
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Post by GreenieBacker »

yeah, this is a CUSA "thing" not AAC
A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

What if you don't have FB?
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
tulaneoutlaw
Regent's Circle

Post by tulaneoutlaw »

Borrow a log in. I'll be watching using my wife's creds
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

windywave wrote:What if you don't have FB?
It's possible you don't need one, you can see public Facebook pages without being logged in, can't you?
Fan Since '54
Regent's Circle

Post by Fan Since '54 »

Okay here is an avenue for some help on this from Facebook. Look up "Tulane Green Wave Football Alliance!" when you enter facebook's main page. While there is nothing there yet on how to access the game Saturday, keep on checking. I'm pretty sure someone will sooner or later post some instructions on how you can access the telecast.

Fan since '54
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

PeteRasche wrote:
It's possible you don't need one, you can see public Facebook pages without being logged in, can't you?
just for shizzles and giggles, I googled Facebook sports and when it came up, it said you had to sign in or join FB

OK.. did some more research.. you log onto Facebook and then in the search box put "UAB Football Live" and you will get a link to the live stream page. I am not 100% certain I can chromecast FB live... hope I can so I can watch on the TV and not the PC
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Post by OGSB »

So Facebook scheduled this game for noon?
Victory is never permanent
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Post by WaveProf »

I still remember the last time we beat them In 2011. Not sure when I’ve seen a game that was as much total domination and every chip falling in place. This was pre-kid, so we hopped on the tandem bicycle and rode it all the way to Cooter Brown’s to celebrate and watch Ohio State with friends who were Ohio State fans this was pre-kid, so we hopped on the tandem bicycle and rode it all the way to Cooter Brown’s to celebrate and watch Ohio State with friends who were Ohio State fans (and members of our tailgate Krewe). We trolled LSU fans as we read by them. It felt like we had turned a corner and we were so exuberant that we didn’t care about being dorky. And then we didn’t win another game all year. That, my friends, is the life of a TU fan.
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

Johnny Mac wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:
just for shizzles and giggles, I googled Facebook sports and when it came up, it said you had to sign in or join FB

OK.. did some more research.. you log onto Facebook and then in the search box put "UAB Football Live" and you will get a link to the live stream page. I am not 100% certain I can chromecast FB live... hope I can so I can watch on the TV and not the PC
If you can't cast from the Facebook app, you can open Facebook in a Chrome web browser on a pc, cast the whole tab (Chrome has "tabcasting" built in), then hit "full screen".
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

That was the one true blowout win of the Toledo era. Then we got spanked at Duke and Toledo called out the players who stopped playing for him until he quit.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
Fan Since '54
Regent's Circle

Post by Fan Since '54 »

Johnny Mac wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:

Looks like this might do the trick. Here is the link. I guess we will find out for sure if this works on Saturday. In any case good work Johnny Mac/Sherlock Holmes. :-)

http://hd-sportz21.cf/live.php?v=%20UAB ... m=football
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

When I saw the game was on “Facebook video” I checked out the broadcast of another game and the video was good.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
Saintgreenie
Breaker Level

Post by Saintgreenie »

Facebook is free, so just register.

Someone said the facebook watch/live/tv app was available on Xbox and AppleTV. It is NOT, however, available on PS4 or Roku, so I will be borrowing a firestick to watch it on my tv. Seems to work fine after testing a couple of different streams (although it has terrible reviews on Amazon).
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

It will be very hot with significant humidity. I have not been to Legion Field in some years but I vaguely recall that upper deck has been removed. I assume there won't be much of a crowd so you can probably scout out some shady spot somewhere if you don 't want self-upgraded 50 yardline seats.

I may make day trip over there but it'll definitely be a day for spf 100 sunscreen.

Tulane is slightly favored and early movements have been in Tulane's favor (from 1.5 to 3.5 points today.) I'd like Tulane to cover in normal conditions but I probably won't bet a game where weather could be such a dominating if not deciding factor. I can't even guess for which team.
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Post by WaveProf »

Saintgreenie wrote:Facebook is free, so just register.
But use a fake name or else every long lost aquaintance will think you "have" facebook

and don't register too far in advance, because Facebook likes to delete "fake name" accounts
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Post by WaveProf »

Baywave1 wrote: I'd like Tulane to cover in normal conditions but I probably won't bet a game where weather could be such a dominating if not deciding factor. I can't even guess for which team.
Can you think of a single time in the CBT CCJ or CWF era that we've ever been the better conditioned team when it comes to heat and cramping?
CT Wave
Coach Level

Post by CT Wave »

WaveProf wrote:
Baywave1 wrote: I'd like Tulane to cover in normal conditions but I probably won't bet a game where weather could be such a dominating if not deciding factor. I can't even guess for which team.
Can you think of a single time in the CBT CCJ or CWF era that we've ever been the better conditioned team when it comes to heat and cramping?
Saturday night.
"You're not here on scholarship to lose. I didn't recruit you to lose. Losing is abnormal; losing is unusual; losing is unacceptable. That's not what we're here for."
Bob Knight
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

CT Wave wrote:
WaveProf wrote:
Saturday night.
True. But losing one Dauphine for a lot of the game to dehydration probably equaled all the Colonels who were cramping.

Interesting Tulane has been practicing in the morning and using Saints indoor (and occasionally the Dome?) facility for five plus years now. Generally it's great because of avoiding the rain but maybe it does make Tulane comparatively less heat tolerant than other southern teams? All a speculative guess but I'm still keeping my wallet in a deep pocket.
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

OGSB wrote:So Facebook scheduled this game for noon?
Lol, 10 pacific
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

PeteRasche wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:

If you can't cast from the Facebook app, you can open Facebook in a Chrome web browser on a pc, cast the whole tab (Chrome has "tabcasting" built in), then hit "full screen".
I may be mistaken, but I thought I also read that you can subscribe to ESPN+ to watch it.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

Baywave1 wrote:
CT Wave wrote:
WaveProf wrote:
Saturday night.
True. But losing one Dauphine for a lot of the game to dehydration probably equaled all the Colonels who were cramping.

Interesting Tulane has been practicing in the morning and using Saints indoor (and occasionally the Dome?) facility for five plus years now. Generally it's great because of avoiding the rain but maybe it does make Tulane comparatively less heat tolerant than other southern teams? All a speculative guess but I'm still keeping my wallet in a deep pocket.
I’ve been having the same thoughts, wondering to myself if it’s possible that they have Dauphine out running around noontime everyday this week.

Btw, and maybe it’s harder than it seems, but he’s had a year to get/stay in game shape. I could understand not handling an every down back role but I would expect him to be able to play more than 6 snaps unless 50% or more go for TDS every game.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson