Advice - Ticket Location

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
EagerBiever
Breaker Level

Advice - Ticket Location

Post by EagerBiever »

I currently have tickets behind the opposing sidelines, 50 yard line. Over the past few years, it has just gotten worse in regards to opposing fans, and Nicholls was the last straw. This was the second time I've chosen to move due to opposing fans in the past 8 home games (no comment in regards to there being more fans of an FCS school than a home FBS school).

I am considering 3 options:

1. Moving farther down towards Tulane student section (say, section 122; opposing sideline, 35 yard line, usually a decent crowd)
2. Moving to the Tulane sidelines around 35 yard line (probably section 103 or 108)
3. Moving to Westfeldt Club area

Any recommendations? Pros/cons of Westfeldt?
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Re: Advice - Ticket Location

Post by WaveProf »

Westfield’s has the best sightlines In the entire stadium in my opinion. I prefer it to when I’ve been gifted Glazier seats. But keep in mind I also preferred the second deck at the Superdome
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
1309th WAVE
Regent's Circle

Post by 1309th WAVE »

Wavefan and I were in 121 until this year and we moved to Wesfeldt for exactly the same reason you're considering. Great sightlines and no visiting fan invasions up there.
sprout1550
Coach Level

Post by sprout1550 »

It's a no-brainer. I made the move from the same area to section 204 in Westfeldt. As I've said before, I'm sorry I didn't do this from the beginning. Chair backs with comfortable seats (not bleachers), standing room at the rail at the top (for those that like to stand and watch a game without getting yelled at), best view of the whole field, great concessions, short lines, big ass fans, a cover if it rains, a full bar with frozen drinks, phone charging station with charging lines built in, new express elevator, beautiful view of the City's skyline out the back, chairs and tables up top, if you'd like to sit up there or take a break, a lot less opposing fans and a short walk to the restrooms and everything you need.

Did I forget anything?

Only con I can fathom is the setting sun in your face on a hot day. This is my second year up there, and I have yet to experience it (it was cloudy Saturday and all the day games last year were early or during a storm).
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

sprout1550 wrote:It's a no-brainer. I made the move from the same area to section 204 in Westfeldt. As I've said before, I'm sorry I didn't do this from the beginning. Chair backs with comfortable seats (not bleachers), standing room at the rail at the top (for those that like to stand and watch a game without getting yelled at), best view of the whole field, great concessions, short lines, big ass fans, a cover if it rains, a full bar with frozen drinks, phone charging station with charging lines built in, new express elevator, beautiful view of the City's skyline out the back, chairs and tables up top, if you'd like to sit up there or take a break, a lot less opposing fans and a short walk to the restrooms and everything you need.

Did I forget anything?

Only con I can fathom is the setting sun in your face on a hot day. This is my second year up there, and I have yet to experience it (it was cloudy Saturday and all the day games last year were early or during a storm).
My homecoming tickets are in Section 205, Row M. :thumbsup:
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
sprout1550
Coach Level

Post by sprout1550 »

I promise, you're going to like them. If not, find me and I will by you an adult beverage.
Wavefan
Coach Level

Post by Wavefan »

The "visiting fans" thing did it for me. I moved from 121 to the Westfeldt Club to avoid obnoxious visitors - not all of them are, but when you pay a $500 or $1,000 GWC premium just to be able to purchase season tickets in a prime section you should NEVER have to put up with that. If Tulane wants to keep charging a big GWC donation as a prerequisite for seats between the 40s on the press-box side then Tulane needs to stop selling single-game tickets in that area to visiting fans and stop allowing visiting fans who purchased less desirable seats on that side from "poaching" unused seats. Make it green, or make it empty, just not red when Houston visits, and I might move back.
Poseidon
Regent's Circle

Post by Poseidon »

Wavefan wrote:The "visiting fans" thing did it for me. I moved from 121 to the Westfeldt Club to avoid obnoxious visitors - not all of them are, but when you pay a $500 or $1,000 GWC premium just to be able to purchase season tickets in a prime section you should NEVER have to put up with that. If Tulane wants to keep charging a big GWC donation as a prerequisite for seats between the 40s on the press-box side then Tulane needs to stop selling single-game tickets in that area to visiting fans and stop allowing visiting fans who purchased less desirable seats on that side from "poaching" unused seats. Make it green, or make it empty, just not red when Houston visits, and I might move back.
That is a solid take.
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM
Honorable mention - Navy
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

Wavefan wrote:The "visiting fans" thing did it for me. I moved from 121 to the Westfeldt Club to avoid obnoxious visitors - not all of them are, but when you pay a $500 or $1,000 GWC premium just to be able to purchase season tickets in a prime section you should NEVER have to put up with that. If Tulane wants to keep charging a big GWC donation as a prerequisite for seats between the 40s on the press-box side then Tulane needs to stop selling single-game tickets in that area to visiting fans and stop allowing visiting fans who purchased less desirable seats on that side from "poaching" unused seats. Make it green, or make it empty, just not red when Houston visits, and I might move back.
I'm okay with selling seats but poaching (I call them roaches) ahould be strictly banned
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
sprout1550
Coach Level

Post by sprout1550 »

I liked my seats in front of the press box, I just like Westfeldt a whole lot more. I got exactly what I wanted, first and second row seats right at the 50. I wanted to be front and center, in the thick of things, and I was...too much some times. Sometimes, there was serious jawing with opposing players and coaches, to the point I thought someone was coming over the rail (not me...others around). It was fun at times, and there was never want of a beer as the beer guy walked by every two minutes, right in front of me. The bleachers sucked, so I got the add on chair back and that was okay, but it's way too easy to encroach on the bleacher seat and sometimes (UL), it was a little too close for comfort. It was fun and fun people were all around, but it has become increasingly filled with opposing fans.

It's easier to see the whole field from my current seats. Sometimes, with the visiting team literally 8 feet in front of me, I couldn't see what was happening anywhere near the visiting side line. The big screen was helpful, and it was the trade off for sitting where I wanted to sit.

Westfeldt is just better, that's all, imho.
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

sprout1550 wrote:I promise, you're going to like them. If not, find me and I will by you an adult beverage.
if there is anyone on this site who you can count on for a quality adult beverage when he offers.. it's sprout
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest
GreenHeart
Riptide Level

Post by GreenHeart »

sprout1550 wrote:I promise, you're going to like them. If not, find me and I will by you an adult beverage.
Ditto. I too moved from sec 121 to Westfeldt this season. The seats in the terrace are great, the chairbacks are comfortable and the seating seems to offer a great deal more legroom. If it storms or if you need a break from the heat during an afternoon game, you can enjoy a couple cool ones and watch from the covered food court area under the big fans.

As others have mentioned, seat poaching is annoying and it seems to be pervasive in the terrace area as well. For the first couple years at the stadium, it seemed that staff monitored the entrance to each section to assure that only ticketholders were allowed entrance. I would like to see this continue throughout the game extending into the fourth quarter. I'm in Westfeldt 206 on the 45yd line and there were Nicholls fans coming and going until the end of the game. At one point there were five red shirts to my left and three to my right. This could easily be controlled and devalues everyone's ticket value if allowed to continue.
GreenHeart
Riptide Level

Post by GreenHeart »

sprout1550 wrote:Sometimes, with the visiting team literally 8 feet in front of me, I couldn't see what was happening anywhere near the visiting side line.
Remember the first few games in Yulman when the Tulane team bench was on the press box side?
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

Johnny Mac wrote:
if there is anyone on this site who you can count on for a quality adult beverage when he offers.. it's sprout
Ahem
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count