The Angry Wave or the TWave

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
Fan Since '54
Regent's Circle

The Angry Wave or the TWave

Post by Fan Since '54 »

Do you agree with this? I think I know the answer.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb ... P#image=18

Fan since '54
"...a hellava Hullabaloo"
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Re: The Angry Wave or the TWave

Post by PeteRasche »

MSN clickbait "listicles" are the worst.

Not even mentioning that the dude is JUST. PLAIN. WRONG.... why in the world would he do a list of the best helmets in college football and start off with a helmet that is over 3 years past being used?
GSx
Emerald Circle

Post by GSx »

I prefer a helmet with a T on it; I prefer the Angry Wave as a mascot, just not on the helmet.
SirLurxalot
Trainer

Post by SirLurxalot »

I always hated the Comb-over-T and it got worse in '14 when they changed the color of the wave to bright green and made it look like a piece of lettuce.

Either way was worse than the Bacon-T but not as bad as the Pac-Man Wave.

I like the Angry Wave but my favorite will always be the interlocking TU of the Larry Smith era.
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

SirLurxalot wrote:I always hated the Comb-over-T and it got worse in '14 when they changed the color of the wave to bright green and made it look like a piece of lettuce.

Either way was worse than the Bacon-T but not as bad as the Pac-Man Wave.

I like the Angry Wave but my favorite will always be the interlocking TU of the Larry Smith era.
We are in violent agreement. I envy your descriptions. Well done!
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
Fan Since '54
Regent's Circle

Post by Fan Since '54 »

BTW, you can go through the whole list just by changing the last two characters in the web address. There are obviously 50 helmet images and the #1 helmet in the list is Michigan, which didn't surprise me at all.

FS'54
Fan Since '54
Regent's Circle

Post by Fan Since '54 »

PeteRasche wrote:MSN clickbait "listicles" are the worst.

Not even mentioning that the dude is JUST. PLAIN. WRONG.... why in the world would he do a list of the best helmets in college football and start off with a helmet that is over 3 years past being used?
Not sure what you mean Pete. The first (or last, since they started with #50) is Coastal Carolina. :?:

Fan since '54
Roller
Cornerstone

Post by Roller »

Who cares what the people at that site think? WE know what stirs our fans; they don't.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

Fan Since '54 wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:MSN clickbait "listicles" are the worst.

Not sure what you mean Pete. The first (or last, since they started with #50) is Coastal Carolina. :?:

Fan since '54
I did not pay attention to the fact that you posted a direct link to ours and it wasn't first. I'm not giving MSN clickbait listicles my eyeballs/clicks any more than when I pulled up your link.
wwave
Riptide Level

Post by wwave »

The only logos are the angry wave and the interlocking TU. Maybe the the bacon wave might be a nostalgic look back - someday. The combover was never good and never will be (no offense to the current master of the orange combover).

As an aside, Costco has some decent TU gear however it's all combover.
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

Death to the bacon wave.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
exprof
Crest Level

Post by exprof »

I did not go to the site. But in my opinion the #1 helmet of all time, and I only saw them once, is the Navy helmets that had the ships on the side. Each position had a different ship. ie. the linemen had aircraft carriers, the running backs had destroyers and so on. By far the coolest hats ever.
Wavery
Navigator Level

Post by Wavery »

Who cares! Just win!

(I'm still pissed we lost to Wake Forest, please don't take personally anyone!)
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

exprof wrote:I did not go to the site. But in my opinion the #1 helmet of all time, and I only saw them once, is the Navy helmets that had the ships on the side. Each position had a different ship. ie. the linemen had aircraft carriers, the running backs had destroyers and so on. By far the coolest hats ever.
The carrier was for the quarterback, since that's the head of the battle group, but very cool idea.
• Linebacker: Cruiser- Provides anti-air defense and packs the biggest punch of Naval surface ships representative of the linebackers on the Navy football team
• Defensive Back: Destroyer- Known for significant fire power, speed, and anti-missile defense as are Navy's defensive backs
• Wide Receiver: Submarine- Predominantly utilized as blockers, wide receivers play a key role in driving the Navy rush attack, taking on a stealth-like persona as they blend into the rhythm of the offense but bring significant fire power when called upon, just like a Naval submarine
• Lineman: Amphibious Assault Ships- Just as a lineman's job is the create a hole for a running back or linebacker, these ships are utilized to establish the "beach head" that enables the invading force to gain access and ultimately accomplish their objective
• Quarterback: Aircraft Carrier- The QB of the Naval Fleet, the aircraft carrier is the ultimate decision maker; the "quick strike" weapon of the Naval fleet
• Running Back: Littoral Combat Ship- Like running backs, these fast and nimble ships can navigate through both crowded shallow and deep waters
• Kicker/Special Teams: Minesweeper- Much like the specific task of the Navy special teams, this small ship has a unique mission of identifying and eliminating mines
Last edited by gerryb323 on Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

exprof wrote:I did not go to the site. But in my opinion the #1 helmet of all time, and I only saw them once, is the Navy helmets that had the ships on the side. Each position had a different ship. ie. the linemen had aircraft carriers, the running backs had destroyers and so on. By far the coolest hats ever.
I liked the blue angel pilot helmets better

Beat Army
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

windywave wrote:
I liked the blue angel pilot helmets better

Beat Army
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

wwave wrote: (no offense to the current master of the orange combover).
It's more of a white/blond combover. It's the skin that's orange.
BACONWAVE
Navigator Level

Post by BACONWAVE »

long green wrote:Death to the bacon wave.
We haven't been good since we dropped the BACONWAVE!!!!!!

Bring it back to break the JUJU!!! VIVA LA BACONWAVE!!!!!

LONG GREEN does not approve this message.... :thumbdown:
You're killin' me Smalls!!!