Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:40 am 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:28 am
Posts: 8355
Location: Back home again...Oak Park sub division
Okay this game is gonna be against Tullane's best foe this year. And as a 35.5 point underdog. Ouch. But last year, we gave the Sooners a good game before their overall talent (& Baker Mayfield took over in the 2nd half) and we ended up losing in Norman, OK. Gotta be teady to play again and hope they take us for granted. Roll Wave. Below is an image of one of my favorite players all time. Just goes to show you that good things come in small packages. Of course you are welcome to post your "good vibrations".

Image

Fan since '54

_________________
"...a hellava Hullabaloo"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:46 am 
Online
President's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:18 am
Posts: 4404
Location: Wichita
Just a nice massager for some nice vibrations. Image

_________________
#stopbunting
#nomorekicking


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:49 am 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:45 pm
Posts: 20677
Location: Irish Channel, New Orleans
He even had to take away the greatest upset in Tulane history. I was really having good feelings about saturday

_________________
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:47 am 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:28 am
Posts: 8355
Location: Back home again...Oak Park sub division
WaveProf wrote:
He even had to take away the greatest upset in Tulane history. I was really having good feelings about saturday


This from the guy who has NEVER been present at a Tulane road victory...EVER. Yet YOU dicided to go to yet another road game. Do you expect to stop that trend? If you have good feelings about that, then maybe you should stay at home.

2 questions here. Has Tulane ever won a game when the JUJU threads were present? Yes. Has Tulane ever won a road game when you were present? No. And you call me a jinx? And given those stats, who is more dangerous to Tulane's "greatest upset ever"? Answer...Wave Prof. Case closed.

And you have forgotten one thing that applies to both of us. Free speech still applies in this country. Yet you are trying to take away mine. I intend to keep mine. Who made you the "grand high exalted mystic ruler" over free speech? Have you ever considered that if free speech goes away, both of us will be affected?

Fan since '54

_________________
"...a hellava Hullabaloo"


Last edited by Fan Since '54 on Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:54 am 
Offline
President's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:49 pm
Posts: 2604
Location: Greeneville, TN
We really need to take this down a notch on all sides. Besides, we all know the jinx is from all the mummies our archaeology profs keep digging up in far off places.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:08 am 
Online
President's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:18 am
Posts: 4404
Location: Wichita
Free speech is protected from government interference. Getting banned from a private message board would not qualify. #justsayin #lawyerin

_________________
#stopbunting
#nomorekicking


Last edited by gerryb323 on Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:27 am 
Offline
Regent's Circle

Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:19 pm
Posts: 9890
Smh


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:57 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:45 pm
Posts: 20677
Location: Irish Channel, New Orleans
You have free speech, and should have it. But freedom from legal reaction to your speech is different from judging your speech. When your speech causes an entire program to be doomed, don't be surprised when a message board for fans of that program aren't happy about your speech!

_________________
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:12 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:28 am
Posts: 8355
Location: Back home again...Oak Park sub division
WaveProf wrote:
You have free speech, and should have it. But freedom from legal reaction to your speech is different from judging your speech. When your speech causes an entire program to be doomed, don't be surprised when a message board for fans of that program aren't happy about your speech!



You think you can prove A+B=C? You can't. And you know it. There weren't any threads the last 2 years and the Wave still had losing records. Am I wrong? AM I WRONG? NO. The records are all there in black & white for all to see. You can not deny that. I have an offer for you. Show me the records for '16 & '17 where they indicate Tulane had winning records in football and I will cease, gladly. I imagine you know how to use PMs. I am awaiting your PM.

But hey, I've got another idea. You put me on your ignore list and I will put you on my ignore list.

Fan since '54

_________________
"...a hellava Hullabaloo"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:18 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:20 pm
Posts: 20971
Location: North Kenner
As I grew up I learned that the shirt I wear has no bearing on whether or not we win or lose. I’m almost convinced these threads don’t matter either.

_________________
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:36 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:28 am
Posts: 8355
Location: Back home again...Oak Park sub division
waverider wrote:
As I grew up I learned that the shirt I wear has no bearing on whether or not we win or lose. I’m almost convinced these threads don’t matter either.


If you ditched a shirt every time you wore it and Tulane lost and you had to get a new one, the Tulane Gift Shop would soon run out of different shirts for you to buy. :roll:

Fan since '54

_________________
"...a hellava Hullabaloo"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:48 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:45 pm
Posts: 20677
Location: Irish Channel, New Orleans
Ml already explained that! Our record actually improved the last 2 years

And no skin off my back if you put me on ignore, but I’m not putting you on ignore. I don’t dislike you, just your need to jinx TU football!

_________________
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:31 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:28 am
Posts: 8355
Location: Back home again...Oak Park sub division
WaveProf wrote:
Ml already explained that! Our record actually improved the last 2 years

And no skin off my back if you put me on ignore, but I’m not putting you on ignore. I don’t dislike you, just your need to jinx TU football!


So you/he are making up new rules as you go along. We are not playing handgranades....CLOSE DOESN'T COUNT. They either had winning records or they didn't. THERE IS NO MIDDLE GROUND.

So let's ask the question again. Did Tulane football have WINNING seasons in '16 and '17? The truth!!!! I know you know the correct answer.

If you need some help...
https://tulanegreenwave.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=97
https://tulanegreenwave.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=228

Fan since '54

_________________
"...a hellava Hullabaloo"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:19 pm 
Offline
Cornerstone
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 7:30 pm
Posts: 30621
Location: 30°37'40.6"N 81°27'02.4"W
IIIII rrrrremainnnnn hopppppppefullll ththththtatttt weee can winnnnn,
But my viiiiibrationssssss arrrrre notttt necessssarillly all that ggggoooooooddd.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:50 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:45 pm
Posts: 20677
Location: Irish Channel, New Orleans
No one is changing any rules. THe team has done better when there are no ju ju threads and worse when there are. There is clear correlation. And I think causation is pretty evidenced when you look at the mounds of data.

_________________
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:45 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:28 am
Posts: 8355
Location: Back home again...Oak Park sub division
Oh yes, the rules have been changed. And you know that. But the facts are that you do not know the definition of what a losing season is. You have confirmed that by not answering weather '16 or '17 were losing seasons or not. Only that they were improvement. You were not satisfied with with anything but winning, yet all of a sudden you are satisfied with improvement, that came short of a winning season. Is that not a change of rules?

And if it is true that you are still only interested in winning, then why are you going to a road game, which you have admitted you have seen no wins EVER in one of those. If anyone between the two of us should be going to that game, it should be me. At least I have SOME wins on my side of the ledger. So if the Wave does not prevail, it is totally on you.

FS'54

_________________
"...a hellava Hullabaloo"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:17 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:13 pm
Posts: 20172
Location: Chicago
waverider wrote:
As I grew up I learned that the shirt I wear has no bearing on whether or not we win or lose. I’m almost convinced these threads don’t matter either.


Almost being the key word

_________________
Using big words is not a personal attack


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:49 am 
Online
President's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:18 am
Posts: 4404
Location: Wichita
Fan Since '54 wrote:
Oh yes, the rules have been changed. And you know that. But the facts are that you do not know the definition of what a losing season is. You have confirmed that by not answering weather '16 or '17 were losing seasons or not. Only that they were improvement. You were not satisfied with with anything but winning, yet all of a sudden you are satisfied with improvement, that came short of a winning season. Is that not a change of rules?

And if it is true that you are still only interested in winning, then why are you going to a road game, which you have admitted you have seen no wins EVER in one of those. If anyone between the two of us should be going to that game, it should be me. At least I have SOME wins on my side of the ledger. So if the Wave does not prevail, it is totally on you.

FS'54

You're deflecting

_________________
#stopbunting
#nomorekicking


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:37 am 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:28 am
Posts: 8355
Location: Back home again...Oak Park sub division
gerryb323 wrote:
Fan Since '54 wrote:
Oh yes, the rules have been changed. And you know that. But the facts are that you do not know the definition of what a losing season is. You have confirmed that by not answering weather '16 or '17 were losing seasons or not. Only that they were improvement. You were not satisfied with with anything but winning, yet all of a sudden you are satisfied with improvement, that came short of a winning season. Is that not a change of rules?

And if it is true that you are still only interested in winning, then why are you going to a road game, which you have admitted you have seen no wins EVER in one of those. If anyone between the two of us should be going to that game, it should be me. At least I have SOME wins on my side of the ledger. So if the Wave does not prevail, it is totally on you.

FS'54

You're deflecting


No, pointing out.

FS'54

_________________
"...a hellava Hullabaloo"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:58 am 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:20 pm
Posts: 20971
Location: North Kenner
Fan Since '54 wrote:
waverider wrote:
As I grew up I learned that the shirt I wear has no bearing on whether or not we win or lose. I’m almost convinced these threads don’t matter either.


If you ditched a shirt every time you wore it and Tulane lost and you had to get a new one, the Tulane Gift Shop would soon run out of different shirts for you to buy. :roll:

Fan since '54

There lies the issue. My biggest “rule” was that I never wore a new shirt to a game if it hadn’t been worn at least once before!! Ditching old shirts and buying new ones would just keep the cycle going. :-D

_________________
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:13 am 
Offline
Regent's Circle

Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:19 pm
Posts: 9890
You want winning seasons? Our last winning season was 2013. Guess what started in 2014? Your juju threads. Of course we haven't had a winning season, the bad juju has left our program in shambles. Just when it looked like we were overcoming the stink that your threads put on the program, here you go again...juju thread for Wake, loss...no thread for Nicholls, win...thread for UAB, loss. The facts are irrefutable here, man.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:04 am 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:28 am
Posts: 8355
Location: Back home again...Oak Park sub division
ml wave wrote:
You want winning seasons? Our last winning season was 2013. Guess what started in 2014? Your juju threads. Of course we haven't had a winning season, the bad juju has left our program in shambles. Just when it looked like we were overcoming the stink that your threads put on the program, here you go again...juju thread for Wake, loss...no thread for Nicholls, win...thread for UAB, loss. The facts are irrefutable here, man.



Do you know what is also irrefutable is the fact that '16 and '17 were losing seasons and that you used the "improvement" BS to fit your agenda. What's up with that? You all of a sudden settled for less than winning seasons? Why would you inexplicabally do that?

And as far as, what you call the "juju" thread for Wake Forest, it was a joke, and most of those who read it realized that. Apparently you were unable to understand that, and again used that to fit your agenda.

And as of the closure of this post, you are on my "ignore list" You might wanna try that for me.

Goodbye.

Fan since '54

_________________
"...a hellava Hullabaloo"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:20 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle

Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:19 pm
Posts: 9890
Fan Since '54 wrote:
ml wave wrote:
You want winning seasons? Our last winning season was 2013. Guess what started in 2014? Your juju threads. Of course we haven't had a winning season, the bad juju has left our program in shambles. Just when it looked like we were overcoming the stink that your threads put on the program, here you go again...juju thread for Wake, loss...no thread for Nicholls, win...thread for UAB, loss. The facts are irrefutable here, man.



Do you know what is also irrefutable is the fact that '16 and '17 were losing seasons and that you used the "improvement" BS to fit your agenda. What's up with that? You all of a sudden settled for less than winning seasons? Why would you inexplicabally do that?

And as far as, what you call the "juju" thread for Wake Forest, it was a joke, and most of those who read it realized that. Apparently you were unable to understand that, and again used that to fit your agenda.

And as of the closure of this post, you are on my "ignore list" You might wanna try that for me.

Goodbye.

Fan since '54
Why was I happy to see improvement? Umm, because I want to see Tulane win and, call me crazy, but I'll take 4-8 and 5-7 over 3-9...I know you feel otherwise. The decimation caused by these juju threads isn't something that can be overcome immediately. We were thisclose to a bowl last year, and then you have to go and singlehandedly crater the most promising season we've had in I don't know how long.

Obviously the juju gods didn't feel that your WF thread was a joke, and I think most here don't find it a laughing matter either.

Ignoring your posts isn't going to stop you from making them and then the team losing. You know what I'd love to ignore? All these losses, but here we are.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:36 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:45 pm
Posts: 5686
Location: Omnipresent
Lemme just ask, which came first: Juju threads or mediocre Tulane football?
Image

_________________
Banks was in.
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:06 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:36 am
Posts: 18376
Location: Philadelphia, PA & Berlin, MD
It’s all a joke until someone gets angry.

Dr. Banner: And you wouldn’t like me when I’m angry.

:lol:

_________________
Tulane Class of 1978 | NROTC Tulane - Submariner | Slow learner


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: gerryb323, tjtlja and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group