Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:59 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:57 pm 
Regent's Circle

1309th WAVE wrote:
Lemme just ask, which came first: Juju threads or mediocre Tulane football?

The board came into being on June 17, 2004. noladave did the work to create the site and he was the first member who signed up (naturally) at 7:50 AM that day. I signed on 38 minutes later shortly after attom/greenie (RIP) and am the third member to join the board.

So to answer your question, mediocre Tulane football, which began in the early 50's after Tulane won their last SEC championship in 1949. So any juju threads were approximately one decade after the board was born and 64 years or so after mediocre football began.

Editing here: Part of the reason this board was created was because there was only one other board where TU fans could communicate. It was called the Tulane/LSU Battleground Board which meant TU & LSU fans were always at each other's throats. Worst part was it was "moderated" by only one person (board name of ESTA) who was an LSU fan. You can imagine how that worked out for Tulane fans. So Jim decided to create this board, with the assistance of noladave. And the battleground board soon disappeared.

Fan since '54

Last edited by Fan Since '54 on Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:22 pm 
Emerald Circle

In my previous professional life we called this yanking someone’s chain. The only way it continues if there are willing contributors. The yank-er and the yank-ee. We did it because WTH else was there to do to relieve the tension of being trapped together doing abnormal things. Don’t be those people. :coolshades:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:52 pm 
Regent's Circle

TUPF wrote:
In my previous professional life we called this yanking someone’s chain. The only way it continues if there are willing contributors. The yank-er and the yank-ee. We did it because WTH else was there to do to relieve the tension of being trapped together doing abnormal things. Don’t be those people. :coolshades:

Thanks TUPF. For the life of me I don't understand why people can't just "be nice". Makes the whole world a better place. Seems like the thing to do, but...

Fan since '54

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:15 pm 
President's Circle

Fan Since '54 wrote:
TUPF wrote:

Thanks TUPF. For the life of me I don't understand why people can't just "be nice". Makes the whole world a better place. Seems like the thing to do, but...

Fan since '54

Yanking someone's chain is also generally meant in good fun and between chums. Have I used enough 1950s cliches to make it understandable for you, '54?

Last edited by gerryb323 on Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:26 pm 
Emerald Circle

Fan Since '54 wrote:
TUPF wrote:

Fan since '54

54, I've told you this at least once the past few years since it's been occurring. All parties in your harassment are heartily laughing their collective arses off at the fact you KEEP responding to them as if they are serious. I was just gonna let it be this year since I thought you'd finally gotten the point at the end of last year but I see it's finally taken TUPF to call it this year. How long are you going to keep responding?

I mean, hey, whatever makes you feel better...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:53 pm 
Regent's Circle

PeteRasche wrote:
Fan Since '54 wrote:
TUPF wrote:

Fan since '54

54, I've told you this at least once the past few years since it's been occurring. All parties in your harassment are heartily laughing their collective arses off at the fact you KEEP responding to them as if they are serious. I was just gonna let it be this year since I thought you'd finally gotten the point at the end of last year but I see it's finally taken TUPF to call it this year. How long are you going to keep responding?

I mean, hey, whatever makes you feel better...

If you go back to the first week of this year I put up a post calling it a juju thread. But it wasn't at all. My only comment in that thread was "For those of you who opened this thread...gotcha." It was a joke. I couldn't tell you how many views that thread had, but there were a good amount, and the number of replys were limited to a few who barked that it was bad luck juju thread...we lost to Wake in OT. And I know that others actually saw it as a joke, laughed and went on with thier lives. But the usual suspects went out of their minds in rage. MY error to acknowledge those posts. I am a guy who likes to make folks laugh. And I do so all the time. If you would see my FB posts you would see many "laugh" emoticons replying to my posts. Anyway, thanks for your "kind" reply/query Pete.

Fan since '54

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:05 pm 
Emerald Circle

I am without speech.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:14 pm 
President's Circle

I think I made his ignore list

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:40 pm 
Emerald Circle

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:47 am 
Regent's Circle

gerryb323 wrote:
I think I made his ignore list

Not true.

'54

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:29 am 
Emerald Circle

Ha ha, we lost to Wake. Hilarious.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:30 am 
Emerald Circle

Fan Since '54 wrote:
1309th WAVE wrote:
Lemme just ask, which came first: Juju threads or mediocre Tulane football?

The board came into being on June 17, 2004. noladave did the work to create the site and he was the first member who signed up (naturally) at 7:50 AM that day. I signed on 38 minutes later shortly after attom/greenie (RIP) and am the third member to join the board.

So to answer your question, mediocre Tulane football, which began in the early 50's after Tulane won their last SEC championship in 1949. So any juju threads were approximately one decade after the board was born and 64 years or so after mediocre football began.

Editing here: Part of the reason this board was created was because there was only one other board where TU fans could communicate. It was called the Tulane/LSU Battleground Board which meant TU & LSU fans were always at each other's throats. Worst part was it was "moderated" by only one person (board name of ESTA) who was an LSU fan. You can imagine how that worked out for Tulane fans. So Jim decided to create this board, with the assistance of noladave. And the battleground board soon disappeared.

Fan since '54

So, what you're saying is that the bad juju dates back to some time in the early/mid-50's? Just a coincidence, I'm sure.