Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:06 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:02 pm 
President's Circle

Did the McMillan addition shake Banks' confidence?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:13 pm 
Coach Level

gerryb323 wrote:

Doubtful. I don't think what ails him is confidence.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:19 pm 
Coach Level

I’d be surprised if that was the problem considering how late McMillan got here and how long it might take for him to really know the offense

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:23 pm 
Regent's Circle

gerryb323 wrote:

If it did, then we're REALLY in trouble.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:44 pm 
Emerald Circle

Poseidon wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:

Doubtful. I don't think what ails him is confidence.

While this is very true, a couple more games like he’s had could very well shake his confidence.

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:56 pm 
Coach Level

If we get to 7 losses, McMillan should get some reps regardless of how Banks is playing

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:41 pm 
President's Circle

visualmagic wrote:
If we get to 7 losses, McMillan should get some reps regardless of how Banks is playing

Agree 1000%. There is little left to play for if we can't make a bowl so start getting reps in hopes we can be better next year.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:45 pm 
President's Circle

Brantley was the best QB he has signed to play his system. We miss that kid no matter what the reason was as to why he left.

In three years, coach has struck out on QB’s. You cannot win at Tulane without a stud at that position. Our winning seasons have always revolved around the QB. And I don’t think WF can adapt to his personnel.

We are a couple of months from signing day and we have no QB’s committed. I keep looking and asking and cannot find a QB that has any serious interest in us. More importantly, will he sign a kid that fits his system. He better.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:52 pm 
President's Circle

tjtlja wrote:
Brantley was the best QB he has signed to play his system. We miss that kid no matter what the reason was as to why he left.

In three years, coach has struck out on QB’s. You cannot win at Tulane without a stud at that position. Our winning seasons have always revolved around the QB. And I don’t think WF can adapt to his personnel.

We are a couple of months from signing day and we have no QB’s committed. I keep looking and asking and cannot find a QB that has any serious interest in us. More importantly, will he sign a kid that fits his system. He better.

Well we do have 2 experienced QBs for next year already in Howard and McMillan. Add our freshman scholarship QB and that's at least 3 already. Anyone that comes in as a freshman next year isn't going to help next year anyway so I'm not that worried about the lack of a recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:50 pm 
Emerald Circle

visualmagic wrote:

I think we will see him before that. Especially if he has a grasp of what we are trying to do in the run game.

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:15 pm 
President's Circle

gerryb323 wrote:
tjtlja wrote:

Well we do have 2 experienced QBs for next year already in Howard and McMillan. Add our freshman scholarship QB and that's at least 3 already. Anyone that comes in as a freshman next year isn't going to help next year anyway so I'm not that worried about the lack of a recruit

Well you should be worried. We need QB’s and guys that can step in and play like the kid at Wake Forest. We have no clue as to what we currently have. The kid from USM was benched. The kid at LSU was 3rd or 4th team. When was the last time he played meaningful minutes. I think we should sign two QB’s if WF knows we have players on the roster don’t fit his system.