Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:06 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:02 pm 
Offline
President's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:18 am
Posts: 4398
Location: Wichita
Did the McMillan addition shake Banks' confidence?

_________________
#stopbunting
#nomorekicking


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:13 pm 
Offline
Coach Level
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 23, 2005 8:43 pm
Posts: 2498
Location: Baton Rouge
gerryb323 wrote:
Did the McMillan addition shake Banks' confidence?


Doubtful. I don't think what ails him is confidence.

_________________
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:19 pm 
Offline
Coach Level

Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:26 pm
Posts: 2417
I’d be surprised if that was the problem considering how late McMillan got here and how long it might take for him to really know the offense


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:23 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2004 1:32 am
Posts: 7068
Location: Wisconsin
gerryb323 wrote:
Did the McMillan addition shake Banks' confidence?

If it did, then we're REALLY in trouble.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:44 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:20 pm
Posts: 20971
Location: North Kenner
Poseidon wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
Did the McMillan addition shake Banks' confidence?


Doubtful. I don't think what ails him is confidence.

While this is very true, a couple more games like he’s had could very well shake his confidence.

_________________
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:56 pm 
Offline
Coach Level

Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:26 pm
Posts: 2417
If we get to 7 losses, McMillan should get some reps regardless of how Banks is playing


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:41 pm 
Offline
President's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:49 pm
Posts: 2601
Location: Greeneville, TN
visualmagic wrote:
If we get to 7 losses, McMillan should get some reps regardless of how Banks is playing


Agree 1000%. There is little left to play for if we can't make a bowl so start getting reps in hopes we can be better next year.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:45 pm 
Offline
President's Circle

Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:07 am
Posts: 2734
Brantley was the best QB he has signed to play his system. We miss that kid no matter what the reason was as to why he left.

In three years, coach has struck out on QB’s. You cannot win at Tulane without a stud at that position. Our winning seasons have always revolved around the QB. And I don’t think WF can adapt to his personnel.

We are a couple of months from signing day and we have no QB’s committed. I keep looking and asking and cannot find a QB that has any serious interest in us. More importantly, will he sign a kid that fits his system. He better.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:52 pm 
Offline
President's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:18 am
Posts: 4398
Location: Wichita
tjtlja wrote:
Brantley was the best QB he has signed to play his system. We miss that kid no matter what the reason was as to why he left.

In three years, coach has struck out on QB’s. You cannot win at Tulane without a stud at that position. Our winning seasons have always revolved around the QB. And I don’t think WF can adapt to his personnel.

We are a couple of months from signing day and we have no QB’s committed. I keep looking and asking and cannot find a QB that has any serious interest in us. More importantly, will he sign a kid that fits his system. He better.

Well we do have 2 experienced QBs for next year already in Howard and McMillan. Add our freshman scholarship QB and that's at least 3 already. Anyone that comes in as a freshman next year isn't going to help next year anyway so I'm not that worried about the lack of a recruit

_________________
#stopbunting
#nomorekicking


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:50 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:20 pm
Posts: 20971
Location: North Kenner
visualmagic wrote:
If we get to 7 losses, McMillan should get some reps regardless of how Banks is playing

I think we will see him before that. Especially if he has a grasp of what we are trying to do in the run game.

_________________
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:15 pm 
Offline
President's Circle

Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:07 am
Posts: 2734
gerryb323 wrote:
tjtlja wrote:
Brantley was the best QB he has signed to play his system. We miss that kid no matter what the reason was as to why he left.

In three years, coach has struck out on QB’s. You cannot win at Tulane without a stud at that position. Our winning seasons have always revolved around the QB. And I don’t think WF can adapt to his personnel.

We are a couple of months from signing day and we have no QB’s committed. I keep looking and asking and cannot find a QB that has any serious interest in us. More importantly, will he sign a kid that fits his system. He better.

Well we do have 2 experienced QBs for next year already in Howard and McMillan. Add our freshman scholarship QB and that's at least 3 already. Anyone that comes in as a freshman next year isn't going to help next year anyway so I'm not that worried about the lack of a recruit


Well you should be worried. We need QB’s and guys that can step in and play like the kid at Wake Forest. We have no clue as to what we currently have. The kid from USM was benched. The kid at LSU was 3rd or 4th team. When was the last time he played meaningful minutes. I think we should sign two QB’s if WF knows we have players on the roster don’t fit his system.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: GSx and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group