PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:27 am 
Emerald Circle

Poseidon wrote:
windywave wrote:
Poseidon wrote:
windywave wrote:
wavedom wrote:
Poseidon wrote:
The most loyal fans don't have a right to anything. Either my father, my grandfather, or I have attended home Tulane games every year since 1935 or earlier. I budget X amount for season tickets and get the most out of my money I can. If they are on the 50, so be it. If they are in the Family Fun Zone, so be it. That's life.

What needs to be brought to the attention of the ticket office is the fact they sell single game tickets in 'Priority Fee Zones' when there are still seats available in non-priority sections. The the sacking of the 120-122 by opposing fans buying single game tickets is black eye on the donation/fee system. The ticket office should instead sell single game tickets 123-125 out before they sell the first ticket in a donation/priority zone.

We most certainly have the right to have our loyalty rewarded. This is a two way street. Following your thinking has led to all the empty seats at our athletic events. it is also leading to empty seats at many other stadiums as prices rise. Pure genius.

And how do you define that reward?

The main point he makes is in the second paragraph and while I disagree with it from an economic perspective from a fan perspective I do agree.

Perhaps one way to reward loyalty is to not allow 'free-riders' when possible. Otherwise loyalty needs to be more precisely defined. Loyal of attendance? Loyalty of as a donor?

So I'm stuck with doody tickets?

I was responding to both of you. Windy, you're 'stuck' with what you pay for(you know this :wink: ); house, car, phone, golf clubs and even football tickets. Wavedom, I would ask is our loyalty freely given. If so we don't have a right to anything. That is why we have contracts, E.g. we buy tickets for seat X for day X. Nothing I have paid for has said or expressed an in perpetuity agreement. 'We appreciate your business' or 'Please come back net time' is not a contract.

If I'm flying into town I'm not sitting in the endzone with away fans. I'll happilu pay more than a donor with season tickets, but your plan is unworkable from a loyalty standpoint if I can't buy a good ticket

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:50 am 
Coach Level

windywave wrote:
Poseidon wrote:
windywave wrote:
Poseidon wrote:
windywave wrote:
wavedom wrote:
Poseidon wrote:
The most loyal fans don't have a right to anything. Either my father, my grandfather, or I have attended home Tulane games every year since 1935 or earlier. I budget X amount for season tickets and get the most out of my money I can. If they are on the 50, so be it. If they are in the Family Fun Zone, so be it. That's life.

What needs to be brought to the attention of the ticket office is the fact they sell single game tickets in 'Priority Fee Zones' when there are still seats available in non-priority sections. The the sacking of the 120-122 by opposing fans buying single game tickets is black eye on the donation/fee system. The ticket office should instead sell single game tickets 123-125 out before they sell the first ticket in a donation/priority zone.

We most certainly have the right to have our loyalty rewarded. This is a two way street. Following your thinking has led to all the empty seats at our athletic events. it is also leading to empty seats at many other stadiums as prices rise. Pure genius.

The main point he makes is in the second paragraph and while I disagree with it from an economic perspective from a fan perspective I do agree.

Perhaps one way to reward loyalty is to not allow 'free-riders' when possible. Otherwise loyalty needs to be more precisely defined. Loyal of attendance? Loyalty of as a donor?

I was responding to both of you. Windy, you're 'stuck' with what you pay for(you know this :wink: ); house, car, phone, golf clubs and even football tickets. Wavedom, I would ask is our loyalty freely given. If so we don't have a right to anything. That is why we have contracts, E.g. we buy tickets for seat X for day X. Nothing I have paid for has said or expressed an in perpetuity agreement. 'We appreciate your business' or 'Please come back net time' is not a contract.

If I'm flying into town I'm not sitting in the endzone with away fans. I'll happilu pay more than a donor with season tickets, but your plan is unworkable from a loyalty standpoint if I can't buy a good ticket

Fair point. Like you posted in the other thread. Do away with the donation price it per seat accordingly on a per game basis.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:18 pm 
Navigator Level

Poseidon wrote:
windywave wrote:
wavedom wrote:
Poseidon wrote:

Loyalty as a season ticket buyer for multiple sports for decades on end, donating to the GWC for the same period and especially loyalty for attending the long line of losing teams this department has put out.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:20 pm 
Navigator Level

Poseidon wrote:
windywave wrote:
Poseidon wrote:
windywave wrote:
wavedom wrote:
Poseidon wrote:

It's clearly not freely given. It's been spent on for decades. Again I'll say yours and Tulane's business policy is a failed one. Thriving businesses reward their customers.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:39 pm 
Sophomore

How about rewarding "loyalty" however you want to define it by doing no harm?!
Wouldn't it be simple while implementing the new system that supposedly will not harm, and may help, 80% of the season tickets currently sold, to "grandfather" the 20% of the season tickets that will be adversely affected by the new system so that the dollars contributed by those season ticket holders will not decrease and/or the number of tickets purchased by those season ticket holders will not decrease???

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:17 pm 
Coach Level

diverdo wrote:
How about rewarding "loyalty" however you want to define it by doing no harm?!
Wouldn't it be simple while implementing the new system that supposedly will not harm, and may help, 80% of the season tickets currently sold, to "grandfather" the 20% of the season tickets that will be adversely affected by the new system so that the dollars contributed by those season ticket holders will not decrease and/or the number of tickets purchased by those season ticket holders will not decrease???

That is a fair point also. I am all for them rewarding loyal fans. I just don't want to presume loyal fans have a right to xyz.