Iowa State anyone ...?

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Re: Iowa State anyone ...?

Unread post by WaveProf »

It's hard to complain about any H/H with a P5 these days, but this is one that is pretty tough to get excited about.
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
windywave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by windywave »

WaveProf wrote:It's hard to complain about any H/H with a P5 these days, but this is one that is pretty tough to get excited about.
:roll:

Make fried pork cutlets and corn
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Unread post by PeteRasche »

WaveProf wrote:It's hard to complain about any H/H with a P5 these days, but this is one that is pretty tough to get excited about.
But we'll be happy to sweep a series against a Big 12 opponent, no?
GSx
Emerald Circle

Unread post by GSx »

Poseidon wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
GSx wrote:Excellent
Now let's cancel that ridiculous 1/2 with K State.
Iowa State is the superior institution football program and we're doing a 1/1 with them.
I think the K-State thing is a 1-1 with another game for a check. Just as the Oklahoma series.
K State doesn’t write big checks
wwave
Riptide Level

Unread post by wwave »

My freshman year was the last time we played. I was disappointed we played such dregs of college football. Rest of the schedule was old SEC rivals, good metro conference mates and ISU was one the worst teams in the nation and if I remember right had only recently ended some ridiculous losing streak.

Of course we lost.

In retrospect that was probably the beginning of 30 years of lackluster football (minus the obvious couple of bright spots). Times change and I guess they are a "good" p5 opponent, but I still feel they same way as I did back then.