Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:15 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:28 pm 
Regent's Circle

I know we have 2 threads already, and in a few days, we can merge this thread with the other, but for at least the next couple of days, I want this to stand separate.

Tulane has now added a calculator (they do listen to suggestions), so you can see exactly how it will affect you. Simply plug in the data, and it will give you the answer.

https://www.greenwaveclub.com/per-seat- ... ces-anchor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:46 pm 
Emerald Circle

For the seats I’m currently sitting in, I’d have to multiply my donation more than 13 times. OK, that was apparently supposed to be a one year upgrade (even if they told us the exact opposite when we asked when we took our seat tour last Spring).

To move back to our old seats, we’d still have to quadruple our donation.

“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:11 pm 
Navigator Level

Maybe I missed it but that still doesn't give you the ticket prices for your seats.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:21 pm 
Regent's Circle

Ticket prices are the same price, as they were this year. No change in actual ticket prices.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:49 pm 
Navigator Level

As I mentioned in one of the other threads the example they used on their site showed a lower ticket price than last year. So they just need to make a definitive public statement on ticket prices.I know your repeating wht you were told but they have contradicted that so they should clear it up. Thanks again for the insight from the meetings.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:14 pm 
Emerald Circle

I only have to double my donation- Im lucky, I guess...of course I “over-donate “ now.
This just seems lazy-they need to broaden the base. Start with a sit down with the Times Picayine and their non- coverage.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:17 am 
Sophomore

Using the calculator, my "donation" for my 6 football tickets, 2 basketball tickets and 2 baseball tickets will go up $1200. from $1500 this year increasing to $2700 next year.

Now if we go to a really good bowl game this year, and follow that up with a NCAA basketball tournament appearance and at least a regional berth in baseball, things would be very different. But otherwise:

ain't gonna happen - Number of seats and overall contribution will be going down!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:59 am 
Navigator Level

So obviously this 7% that the ticket office is dismissing as cannon fodder are actually some of our most enthusiastic alums who have supported through thin and thinner.

I can’t inagine more loyal supporters than Prof and Tomy.

They really should figure out a way to accommodate these people instead of waving it off that is an insignificant percentage.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:56 am 
President's Circle

You would think they would cater to the die hards who still remain. Glad I got out when I did. I just buy a single ticket when I want to go, or watch it on TV. All these years of losing does that to you.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:14 am 
Emerald Circle

go crawl back under your rock.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:25 am 
Emerald Circle

Dr. H I don't see any evidence that Tulane is dismissing anyone as cannon fodder. They've put out a plan hoping it satisfies most agendas and provides an increase to the fan base and more revenue for Tulane. Now they're seeing the unintended consequences and hopefully, knowing how much more responsive this AD has been to fan issues than the last Administration, they'll sit down to consider the complaints and make adjustments.

But seriously, instead of complaining here, talk directly to Tulane and express your concerns.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:03 am 
Navigator Level

I currently only purchase 4 football tickets in section 121. I had the standard $500 donation, seat license, or whatever they called it at first. So now, i will only pay $100 per seat so it should go down for me. I was considering purchasing volleyball tickets as my niece is a big volleyball fan and wants to play at Tulane. If I bought 2 tickets there, then I will have increased my donation. Result....chances are looking slim for me purchasing tickets to another sport in the near future.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:11 am 
Regent's Circle

wavedom wrote:
As I mentioned in one of the other threads the example they used on their site showed a lower ticket price than last year. So they just need to make a definitive public statement on ticket prices.I know your repeating wht you were told but they have contradicted that so they should clear it up. Thanks again for the insight from the meetings.

If they were going to lower ticket prices for next year, it wouldn't make sense to announce it during this season.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:32 am 
Navigator Level

I have already talked to them. It's possible to discuss your particular situation with the powers that be, and also comment online.

I'm glad they're figuring out a way to include the overall majority of ticketholders who would like to sit in premium areas. This will make new young alums like TUMBUUH into long term donors/investors. Even if it is a small amount, overtime that will grow. There's also the upside that the seats behind homeplate will finally have people in them.

I don't agree with, however, how the response "well, it's just 6.7%" is waved off like that's just a rounding off and whatever, oh well. These aren't insignificant people and I don't think that they thought it through really well of how to unveil this and take care of those people.

I totally understand that it's an impossible task to try to please everyone, but many of you talk about how Tulane is a "family" and this is not taking care of "family". Especially when we are talking about disposable income here. There's no implicit obligation that someone HAS to fork over their money, especially when these boosters have been donating through some of the worst of the worst years.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:55 am 
Trainer

I have 2 football season tickets and 2 basketball season tickets. This year I donated $500. In 2019 I will be required to donate $1400. This may be a trivial amount to many of you but it’s a lot of money around my house.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:09 pm 
Regent's Circle

GreenHeart wrote:
I have 2 football season tickets and 2 basketball season tickets. This year I donated $500. In 2019 I will be required to donate $1400. This may be a trivial amount to many of you but it’s a lot of money around my house.

Do you realize how much it costs to go to a Bears game though?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:32 pm 
President's Circle

Comparing the Bears to Tulane is sort of like comparing Tulane to East Jefferson.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:41 pm 
Emerald Circle

GreenHeart wrote:

You'll have to donate 1400 to keep premium seats.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:43 pm 
Emerald Circle

tjtlja wrote:
Comparing the Bears to Tulane is sort of like comparing Tulane to East Jefferson.

Or comparing you to [the rest of this post is redacted]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:32 pm 
Coach Level

The best way to let them know the price is too high is to not buy tickets in that section and buy in a cheaper one. They will in turn respond if the the demand is that low. The cheapest season tickets right now are $75 a piece in the endzone. These are decent seats. There are no bad seats in Yulman. Frankly its so small and close to the field every seat is decent. Another reality is that Yulman is still very new. The department is still trying find out what exactly the demand and market is for it. The first season was novelty. I say this with care. Anyone who expects to be locked into one price or one seating location is fooling themselves. The only constant is change: Uniforms, coaches, conferences, and ticket prices.

Last edited by Poseidon on Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:34 pm 
Emerald Circle

Poseidon wrote:
The best way to let them know the price is too high is to not buy tickets in that section and buy in a cheaper one. They will in turn respond if the the demand is that low. The cheapest season tickets right now are $75 a piece in the endzone. These are decent seats. There are no bad seats in Yulman. Frankly its so small and close to the field every seat is decent. Another reality is that Yulman is still very new. The department is still trying find out what exactly the demand and market is for it. The first season was novelty. I say this with care. Anyone who expects to be locked into one price or one seating location is fooling themselves. The only constant is change, Uniforms, coaches, conferences, and ticket prices.

Preach it

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:44 pm 
Navigator Level

Poseidon wrote:
The best way to let them know the price is too high is to not buy tickets in that section and buy in a cheaper one. They will in turn respond if the the demand is that low. The cheapest season tickets right now are $75 a piece in the endzone. These are decent seats. There are no bad seats in Yulman. Frankly its so small and close to the field every seat is decent. Another reality is that Yulman is still very new. The department is still trying find out what exactly the demand and market is for it. The first season was novelty. I say this with care. Anyone who expects to be locked into one price or one seating location is fooling themselves. The only constant is change, Uniforms, coaches, conferences, and ticket prices.

Just because some seats are close to the field doesn't make them good seats. Many moved from those areas because while they were close to the field they didn't have a good view of the game. Even the view from the Glazer seats aren't good. The only good view is the Terrace.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:46 pm 
Navigator Level

ml wave wrote:
wavedom wrote:

If they were going to lower ticket prices for next year, it wouldn't make sense to announce it during this season.

The tickets for this year are bought so no big deal if they announce them now. More importantly for people to know where they stand with regards to cost they need to know the ticket prices. Also, they gave an example on the website and it said those prices for the section involved were lower. So why not release them all ?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:57 pm 
Regent's Circle

[redacted]

Is it though?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:58 pm 
Emerald Circle

[redacted]

Existential question (I know you don't mind big words, other people though....)