Cincinnati talk

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Cincinnati talk

Post by OGSB »

Victory is never permanent
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Re: Cincinnati talk

Post by PeteRasche »

The takeaway: they are not unlike us. Winning cures everything, concerns about coach leaving if they win too much, etc., etc. I guess we're not the only crazy ones addicted to infuriating and frustrating football teams. At least they got about 8 years of big TV money (and their shining undefeated season was during that big money era, whereas we just got scr*wed)... Though that probably makes it harder on them to deal with what they have now.

I've never signed up for an opponent's board and I'm not going to, but I almost considered it just to point out a few things regarding their predictions. The biggest being that our offense should be completely different than the first three games, but those games are skewing all our stats. I still say Banks was afraid to run in the first three games and it completely stymied us. Since McMillan got up to speed, he seems like he's back to the "good Banks" we saw in the second half of last year. Or maybe it's just McMillan's shadow lurking behind him. Regardless, as long as we don't revert to the idiocy of the Wake Forest/UAB game plans, we'll be a different team than any current season stats bear.

Of course, outside of 1998, I don't have any memory of Tulane following a big win with another win in the 29 years I've been following. I'm conditioned to expect tomorrow to be a streaming pile of horse manure, akin to how we played last year against them in our homecoming. Woo-hoo, at least I can get drunk at the tailgate like I used to before Buddy Teevens stinkers.
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

PeteRasche wrote:Of course, outside of 1998, I don't have any memory of Tulane following a big win with another win in the 29 years I've been following.
2002 UAB? 2013 Tulsa? Yeah, grasping at straws.
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

gerryb323 wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:Of course, outside of 1998, I don't have any memory of Tulane following a big win with another win in the 29 years I've been following.
Exactly. There are a few minor ones if you go back through the records but in general, it hasn't happened. At least not memorably.
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

I’ve been thinking the same thing. 35+ years make it hard to expect a win tomorrow, but like with every one of the few opportunities we’ve had like this, if this is the year we turn the corner, this game would be a huge win that would put us in that direction.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
Roller
Cornerstone

Post by Roller »

PeteRasche wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
Exactly. There are a few minor ones if you go back through the records but in general, it hasn't happened. At least not memorably.
Well, it can't happen again until it happens once. Let's get 'er done! Roll Wave!
StPeteWave
Navigator Level

Post by StPeteWave »

Last week the Tigers, this week the Bearcats, here kitty kitty. :mrgreen: