Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:28 pm 
Navigator Level

Here's a start: Stop giving touches to your 4th best RB. Amare Jones showed more in his half a dozen touches than Huderson has all season. 11 looks like he would be dynamic if put in space (screen, reverse anyone?).
And PARTICULARLY in short yardage situations: Give it to the bigger backs who also hit the holes faster and harder - 10 and 6.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:35 pm 
President's Circle

1401973 wrote:
Here's a start: Stop giving touches to your 4th best RB. Amare Jones showed more in his half a dozen touches than Huderson has all season. 11 looks like he would be dynamic if put in space (screen, reverse anyone?).
And PARTICULARLY in short yardage situations: Give it to the bigger backs who also hit the holes faster and harder - 10 and 6.

Yeah, how about play Dauphine a plurality or even a majority of the snaps.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:39 pm 
Emerald Circle

gerryb323 wrote:
1401973 wrote:

I can't figure out a reason for Dauphine and Bradwell not to get 90%+ of all our RB touches while games are still in doubt.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:57 pm 
Navigator Level

I don't understand Huderson either. Dauphine we might see more of down the stretch. They've been trying to keep him healthy.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:55 pm 
Emerald Circle

ml wave wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
1401973 wrote:

I can't figure out a reason for Dauphine and Bradwell not to get 90%+ of all our RB touches while games are still in doubt.

When I am officiating in the middle occasionally there are those running backs that make me think “man I’m glad I don’t have to tackle that kid”. Bradwell is one of those kind of backs.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:46 pm 
Regent's Circle

DrHullabaloo wrote:
I don't understand Huderson either. Dauphine we might see more of down the stretch. They've been trying to keep him healthy.

Healthy for what ??

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:16 pm 
President's Circle

Ray wrote:
DrHullabaloo wrote:

Healthy for what ??

I love the guy, but if he can't stay healthy for more than 8 plays a game, he should probably just stick to track

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:12 pm 
Emerald Circle

I’m guessing the play Saturday when Dauphine whiffed on a guy that sacked McMillan is a good indicator of why he’s not getting more reps, especially on passing downs. His durability is an issue but if he can’t pick up blitzes he’s not going to be on the field more than the others.

I think Bradwell should be the #1 guy. He’s got speed and power.

Good news is that we should be able to run on 5 of the next 6 opponents (I don’t know what USF’s run defense is like).

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:35 pm 
Navigator Level

Bradwell is our best overall RB. Unfortunately, we run an offense where our best RB gets 30% of the carries. Our let's take our 2 best ball carriers in Bradwell and Dauphine which are by far the best 2 at the moment. They have 47% of the carries. I don't understand that at all.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:41 pm 
Navigator Level

We also have 2 receptions by running backs this year. 1 by Huderson for 21 yards (the swing pass we all were amazed was in the playbook) and then 1 by Amare for 11. In today's game, that is just really hard to believe. 2 receptions!?!?!?!